• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

in korean fun money

can you even buy anything with that

You automatically lose 10% in the exchange rate to USD so after living expenses they aren't exactly coming home with a bounty. Cut 5 ways and payback loans to Purge and LD, I say they break even plus a little extra.

But chasing your dream, that's priceless. That's EE-sama level of calling your shot and doing it.

NAR OR LIQUID?

WHO YOU GUYS GOT?

It doesn't really matter, the 1st place is just going to get stomped, and 2nd place isn't going to win the wildcard.

Liquid doesn't even have official/tier1 matches scheduled until TI(?) because they didn't qualify for any of the LAN's. NA dota isn't exactly TI4 prep.

Aren't they living in one of blitz's relatives houses or something? And purge still streams and coaches for all those esports bucks. I bet they are doing all right.

apparently they have a family rate, but it isn't free

Whats on the menu today for internationals?

I know we have the rescheduled game 5 from yesterday at 4pm EDT. Anything else?

SEA starts again midnight 4 matches + 1

Animal

Banned
Whats on the menu today for internationals?

I know we have the rescheduled game 5 from yesterday at 4pm EDT. Anything else?

Ultrabum

You automatically lose 10% in the exchange rate to USD so after living expenses they aren't exactly coming home with a bounty. Cut 5 ways and payback loans to Purge and LD, I say they break even plus a little extra.

But chasing your dream, that's priceless. That's EE-sama level of calling your shot and doing it.

Aren't they living in one of blitz's relatives houses or something? And purge still streams and coaches for all those esports bucks. I bet they are doing all right.

Ketch

This is why I don't get the hate. People who aren't already pro doters talking shit about zephyr need to lay off the hater aid.

Taking a year off to play dota in Korea would be fun as fuck.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Go to bed Zephyr is 1-0, wake up and they're 1-5 wtf hahaha.

Also guys this game is so much better when you don't play it.

Acinixys

Pls advise :(

OGwwJuy.png

Razzer

OGwwJuy.png

Looking at your matches, it seems you play her as a support only, which is fair enough. But you rarely get beyond a forcestaff in items, even if it goes beyond 40 mins. So I guess learn how to farm with her even as a support? I dunno anything else without looking at replays. Do you hit shackles regularly? 1 or 2 man?

H3xum

What's EE going nuts about?

@EternaLEnVy1991: @dendiboss YOU LAZY FUCKS

@EternaLEnVy1991: WHERE THE FUCKING SING AND PIE

Razzer

What's EE going nuts about?

@EternaLEnVy1991: @dendiboss YOU LAZY FUCKS

@EternaLEnVy1991: WHERE THE FUCKING SING AND PIE

Probably flaming Sing and Pie for sleeping at the hotel instead of playing more hilarious Mario party on stream.

Acinixys

Looking at your matches, it seems you play her as a support only, which is fair enough. But you rarely get beyond a forcestaff in items, even if it goes beyond 40 mins. So I guess learn how to farm with her even as a support? I dunno anything else without looking at replays. Do you hit shackles regularly? 1 or 2 man?

I guess I just played her to much when i started and tanked my winrate. Plus is swear to you I get retards 90% of the time I pick her.

Maybe I must stop supporting and try play her as a carry

Razzer

I guess I just played her to much when i started and tanked my winrate. Plus is swear to you I get retards 90% of the time I pick her.

I like her as a mid. Get orchid, kill fools. Active Windrunner is best Windrunner.

Edit: A couple of small things you might already know:

1. You can release powershot a little bit earlier than the full channel time and still get full damage, every second counts when solo killing people.

2. Shackle latches based on the position of windrunner when it hits the target not when she releases it. So you can throw a shackle at someone with nothing behind them in that direction, blink to the side of them so there is trees on the opposite side of them now, and it will latch. At least I believe that is how it works.

Edit 2: Nope I was wrong it's this go to 2:55.

I like playing her as a 2/3. She's a decent mid and a great solo off in pubs. And I don't really care for force staff if I'm not supporting.

Edit: would SB>Orchid work for ganking WR? Find guy while invis, ez shackle, orchid, focus fire. I don't know if her damage output is enough to kill though.

Darklord

Banned
All of a sudden I'm being put onto AWFUL teams. The last few had at least 1 or 2 afk's or abandons. Absolutely no team work. And most other players on a 0-10+ score. What the fuck? I've lost the last 7 games because the teams have been pathetically bad.

shira

All of a sudden I'm being put onto AWFUL teams. The last few had at least 1 or 2 afk's or abandons. Absolutely no team work. And most other players on a 0-10+ score. What the fuck? I've lost the last 7 games because the teams have been pathetically bad.

The TI4 bonus brings back all of the hibernating trench back to the yard.

sixghost

OGwwJuy.png

How often would you say you hit 2 man shackles in team fights? I gave up on phase/force staff and just started going mana boots/blink so I could spam her abilities more often. It sort of cripples her potential damage output later on, but the blink makes hitting two man shackles so much easier that I think it's worth it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone know which game or teams it was during the NA qualifiers where they attempted a level 1 roshan with a shit team and it took them forever with the sand king dying right before Roshan?

Quesa

How often would you say you hit 2 man shackles in team fights? I gave up on phase/force staff and just started going mana boots/blink so I could spam her abilities more often. It sort of cripples her potential damage output later on, but the blink makes hitting two man shackles so much easier that I think it's worth it.

I second putting Arcane boots on her. Early on spamming shackle and power shot let you do way more damage in fights than phase boots chasing will, and you can disassemble them later to build phase/bots once you're doing enough damage to carry. I mostly play her support/offlane and in that scenario force/blink is helpful. You're also a prime candidate for building mek most of the time.

Woo, second one down!

Cmo47rq.png

Which hero would you guys recommend next for a newbie like me? Pudge, KotL, Huskar? I feel the former forces me to play mid, which I've never done before, and I'm not sure I should take the responsibility (I mostly play with people that have 300+ matches while I have 32).

sixghost

Woo, second one down!

Cmo47rq.png

Which hero would you guys recommend next for a newbie like me? Pudge, KotL, Huskar? I feel the former forces me to play mid, which I've never done before, and I'm not sure I should take the responsibility (I mostly play with people that have 300+ matches).

Huskar is practically a free win at lower levels. Put him in literally any lane and you'll win it.

Woo, second one down!

Cmo47rq.png

Which hero would you guys recommend next for a newbie like me? Pudge, KotL, Huskar? I feel the former forces me to play mid, which I've never done before, and I'm not sure I should take the responsibility (I mostly play with people that have 300+ matches).

I would recommend KOTL (support nicely and get carried) or Brewmaster (He is tanky and can be a huge impact during teamfights).

Quesa

Woo, second one down!

Cmo47rq.png

Kotl can have a huge impact as a support, push/counterpush easily, and is generally item-independent so you can build anything your team needs when you're not buying wards. After that, I think nature's could get you a quick win if you practice jungle vs bots and play rat dota with a coordinated team who can draw attention away from you.

Huskar is practically a free win at lower levels. Put him in literally any lane and you'll win it.

Sounds good. Though, evaluating risk is one of my weaker points (I don't know yet what each hero can do), so fighting with my health down sounds scary.

I would recommend KOTL (support nicely and get carried) or Brewmaster (He is tanky and can be a huge impact during teamfights).

Kotl can have a huge impact as a support, push/counterpush easily, and is generally item-independent so you can build anything your team needs when you're not buying wards. After that, I think nature's could get you a quick win if you practice jungle vs bots and play rat dota with a coordinated team who can draw attention away from you.

I've been eyeing KotL, since I like to play supports, but he seems especially complex. Illuminate harass backed up by chakra magic sounds great early game, but I don't think I have the map awareness yet to perform in the late game (smart recalls, providing useful vision with illuminate + aghs, etc.). Brewmaster sounds rough, I had enough trouble microing Warlock and his golem already :eek:

Thanks y'all.

Pratfall

Sounds good. Though, evaluating risk is one of my weaker points (I don't know yet what each hero can do), so fighting with my health down sounds scary.

I've been eyeing KotL, since I like to play supports, but he seems especially complex. Illuminate harass backed up by chakra magic sounds great early game, but I don't think I have the map awareness yet to perform in the late game (smart recalls, providing useful vision with illuminate + aghs, etc.). Brewmaster sounds rough, I had enough trouble microing Warlock and his golem already :eek:

Thanks y'all.

I would basically not worry about using recall until you get better with everything else. The key to using KoTL is basically illuminate timing, using chakra when it is off cooldown and smart targeting with mana leak (heroes who use a lot of mana or move around a bunch, Timbersaw is straight fucked by mana leak.) Blinding flash when in teamfights or to rescue people.

Hylian7

I would basically not worry about using recall until you get better with everything else. The key to using KoTL is basically illuminate timing, using chakra when it is off cooldown and smart targeting with mana leak (heroes who use a lot of mana or move around a bunch, Timbersaw is straight fucked by mana leak.) Blinding flash when in teamfights or to rescue people.
Ehhh, even if you don't know what you're doing with Recall, you can just stick to safer recalls. To and from fountain, into a position you can launch a gank from. Communicate with your team though, sometimes an unexpected and unwanted recall can turn out really badly.

Pratfall

Ehhh, even if you don't know what you're doing with Recall, you can just stick to safer recalls. To and from fountain, into a position you can launch a gank from. Communicate with your team though, sometimes an unexpected and unwanted recall can turn out really badly.

Right, I think you can still utilize it at lower tiers for simple stuff but that isn't where your biggest impact will come from when learning KoTL.

Conceptor

What is this game they're playing? looool

also Matt, ChrisC posted in a reddit thread saying we should be making our fantasy teams right now... yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom