• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimatum

Banned
antimage is so bad, sucks for mith

There aren't that many good teams when you really get down to counting them out.

Also while bamboe may have the most mechanical skill on the team, he also is notorious for his questionable decision making.

I'm also not saying they are on the same level as MVP any more, but would MVP have improved this rapidly to the point where they are now in good position to make TI without Zephyr's competition?

Also why does everyone think AOE damage is the way to counter meepo anyway. It may be early game before he has hp, but it's aoe lockdown that is important. You only need to kill one of them, you just need to keep the rest from destroying you while you do.

there's enough teams out there that zephyr doesn't get top 30

decision making improves with experience, this is why I said he's the only one with potential

I'm not denying that zephyr didn't help the korean scene, I never said anything about that, but bear in mind that zephyr have earned 84k euros during 2014, there's a huge debate to be had about whether their effect on the scene is a positive or negative.

MVP have improved rapidly since playing top teams in starladder, which is the biggest contributor to their growth

I was thinking ember would be very strong against meepo with a bf crit build because meepos will usually be together so you're very likely to get at least one crit with sleight

BigAT

Seems like an absurdly bad mistake by MITH to split up and push mid/bot instead of just knocking over the bottom rax when they had the opportunity. Really greedy and arguably cost them the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So if I am reading this right, Orange needs to win in 48 minutes and they are in to the playoffs. Is this last game happening today still, it should have started like 20 minutes ago.

kvk1

You know, I was getting kind of angry during the NA qualifiers with all the blunt criticism against the teams and their playing style vis-à-vis other geographies. Almost went into ragedefend mode a few times.

But after watching these games, yeah, the criticisms hold true. The speed and perception of the game, even from the mid-tier teams, is entirely superior to the best the NA has shown in the qualifiers so far.

Disheartening.

Radec

well...
seay7ix6.png

lol Zephyr.

Im still baffled how this team got so many fans. Atleast we wont be seeing them when TI4 hits.

I don't like the effect the time limit has on the draft. Orange has to win in 48 minutes, who do they pick? SS, DP, Chen and Juggernaut. You're limiting the draft once you put a time limit on the game.

They even banned heroes that counter push or delay the game like Naga and Tinker.

dmshaposv

Don't really get the jealousy and hate Zephyr is getting.

hurr hurr purge noob thinks he can go pro!

I think most people are hating on him since he figured out he can make some monies through dota with videos, and form a team. Most players of his skill level can't do that thus the jealousy.

Ketch

hurr hurr purge noob thinks he can go pro!

I think most people are hating on him since he figured out he can make some monies through dota with videos, and form a team. Most players of his skill level can't do that thus the jealousy.

haters gonna hate.

So what if he swaggers?

I feel bad for Orange. I think they'd have a better chance of making it if they didn't go all or nothing early push. Luna over Jung alone would have made a big difference without sacrificing a lot of push.

Nirvana

Another game another 47-1 Mirana

I think her ulti needs a mana increase or something, thing is frustrating as fuck. Arrows don't bother me so much, if you can hit them, more power to you, but the ulti has gone from terrible to broken as fuck as the patches have progressed.

Razzer

You know, I was getting kind of angry during the NA qualifiers with all the blunt criticism against the teams and their playing style vis-à-vis other geographies. Almost went into ragedefend mode a few times.

But after watching these games, yeah, the criticisms hold true. The speed and perception of the game, even from the mid-tier teams, is entirely superior to the best the NA has shown in the qualifiers so far.

Disheartening.

Late reply, but if SEA games convinced you, then you are in for a treat with EU and China. SEA are better than NA, but the top Euro and China teams (from the qualies) are still way way better than any SEA team.

kagete

Damn i'm still buzzed. Anyone remember the first TI when Mineski was doing double courier just to bottle crow a safelane Mirana? These kids have grown up and damn if they don't know how to repel a push.

Execration being right at the bottom is unfortunate and i've always rooted for ninjaboogie but they're just bad with drafting. I hope they can bounce back for next year.

Damn i'm still buzzed. Anyone remember the first TI when Mineski was doing double courier just to bottle crow a safelane Mirana? These kids have grown up and damn if they don't know how to repel a push.

Honestly, that loss was on Jugg. Man had 0 damage. He did like 10 slashes late game on Mirana and did no more than 40% of her HP worth of damage.

That just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom