• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to remove untradable items from your inventory? I want to set my announcers to 'shuffle' but I don't want it to pick the Death Prophet one I got from level up rewards. I can't sell or offer it, it seems.

BigAT

I really think Orange overreacted to the time component. 48 minutes is plenty of time to win a normal match. There was no reason to go all-in with a lineup built to win in 20 minutes or force things as often as they did.

Razzer

On extremely talented Rubick players, I agree.

Eh, even average rubick's benefit from it. A less talented rubick may misjudge the right moment to steal a spell etc, so the 5 sec cooldown allows them to steal at will with little risk of missing their opportunity. Additionally, think about how many aghs upgrades there are where people say 'yeah it's good, but the problem is you have to farm it first' that is true for lots of support heroes, but with rubick it's good enough that it's worth getting as quick as possible. So you get all those cool upgrades, like with eclipse as shown there.

It's great on average players, and game winning on the best players. Of course, it still depends on there actually being good spells to steal, but you should never have picked rubick in the first place if there wasn't any.

Also the latest Dire Circumstances comic was posted, and it's huge.

I really want a "Vote for next hero announcer" as a future stretch goal.

The biggest issue with the vote would be that Techies, Pit Lord and Oracle are all so close to release, if, for whatever reason, the community happens to pick Arc Warden or Winter Wyrm, who don't have as much, or anything done for them, it will be a long wait for new heroes, versus just allowing Valve to add them in the order they sit fit.

BeesEight

My issue with Zephyr is I have absolutely no idea what they're doing with their time. They've had almost a full year of being able to focus on Dota and they're placing at the bottom of the SEA qualifiers?

And it's not just their supports that are awful - it's the entire team from the draft to the decision making. I've watched a couple of their games and it looks like pub Dota. These are guys that all live in one house with plenty of time for scrimming and team building and they're a wreck. I don't know what their training schedule is but if they're actually serious about this then they need to get their shit together. With the opportunities they've been given there is just no excuse for this style of play. Their drafts seem so disorganized and they need to start working with a plan - even if that plan is as simple as "win the laning phase."

Guess it's time they start getting some pointers from MVP.

Also, they're not a top 30 team. They're a top 40.

Acinixys

I think her ulti needs a mana increase or something, thing is frustrating as fuck. Arrows don't bother me so much, if you can hit them, more power to you, but the ulti has gone from terrible to broken as fuck as the patches have progressed.

I still say that if Miranas Ult scales instead of being a flat 15 secs of invis at all levels it would make her way less OP

Like 5 - 10 - 15 secs of invis with a 3 - 2.5 - 1.5 fade time

Cause 15 secs of team invis at level 6 is disgusting

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The biggest issue with the vote would be that Techies, Pit Lord and Oracle are all so close to release, if, for whatever reason, the community happens to pick Arc Warden or Winter Wyrm, who don't have as much, or anything done for them, it will be a long wait for new heroes, versus just allowing Valve to add them in the order they sit fit.

I want an announcer. You know, the guy who tell me my towers are dying.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It would be nice to see Mineski and MVP going to Seattle, but looks like Arrrow will take it.

IceMarker

Is there any way to remove untradable items from your inventory? I want to set my announcers to 'shuffle' but I don't want it to pick the Death Prophet one I got from level up rewards. I can't sell or offer it, it seems.

You basically have to wait until they change the "Make Offering" option back into "Delete".

Messiah

C2xs0cg.png

Well. I guess we need new Stretchgoals soon.

elyetis

He said announcer.
And don't we expect Arcana vote to end around the end of TI4 ? ( 29 day left before the end of the 'first round' I think ), so another vote probably be the same, are we officially putting expectation so low that we don't think those 3 hero will be released in the next 2 month ?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

traveler

Not Wario
Next stretch goal should just be "Permanently increase the size of the dota 2 developement team"

That's kind of the weird thing about all this. Valve doesn't exactly strike me as the type of company to just expand as revenue expands; they seem to want to preserve their culture and take hiring decisions very seriously.

That's fine and all- even good- but it also would imply that kickstarter esque schemes won't really make an impact, since their output isn't going to presumably skyrocket off the back of this money. And it's not like Dota was out of "objectives"- still have heroes to port and custom maps still need to come in, alongside whatever other modes they may have planned. Adding these features just seems like it'll move stuff around, not get us content any faster.

Ketch

That's kind of the weird thing about all this. Valve doesn't exactly strike me as the type of company to just expand as revenue expands; they seem to want to preserve their culture and take hiring decisions very seriously.

That's fine and all- even good- but it also would imply that kickstarter esque schemes won't really make an impact, since their output isn't going to presumably skyrocket off the back of this money. And it's not like Dota was out of "objectives"- still have heroes to port and custom maps still need to come in, alongside whatever other modes they may have planned. Adding these features just seems like it'll move stuff around, not get us content any faster.

I agree. Which is kind of why it's weird to have things like new game modes as a stretchgoal. Like they weren't planning on doing it eventually anyway? If the money is not going towards helping them develop the game faster/better then where's it going?

The stretchgoals must be a list of things they've wanted to do but just haven't had the time to get done yet... so then the money would go to staffing up to get some things done. OR they're just scrooge mcduckin it and just swimming in cash for funsies, which would also be pretty awesome (for them).

dmshaposv

Actually, It looks like the Witch Staff and Toad Totem are part of their own promotion, they are being given out on their own. You can find some one the market now.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Witch Staff
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Toad Totem

Uggh $10 for the first witch doctor item in years. Like i want it but thats too steep.

Why couldnt we get this is in yesterday's chest? Why we needed yet another shitty axe axe, sven sword and CK...oh god im sick and tired of CK items in EVERY hat patch. No one even plays that hero valve. Stop putting out CK items pls! Please represent heroes like WD or someone who barely has anything new in a while.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What's the deal with the timer for the Orange match? I was away for awhile and just read the forums. Were they given some kind of penalty?

It was another 3 way tie for 3rd/4th. If Orange won their match, it would still be a 3 way tie, in which it would go to time rule, and the two teams to finish the fastest would advance.

For some reason, Orange decided to go full on retard push start, when a 49 minute game is pretty long as is and they likely could have played it straight.

It was another 3 way tie for 3rd/4th. If Orange won their match, it would still be a 3 way tie, in which it would go to time rule, and the two teams to finish the fastest would advance.

For some reason, Orange decided to go full on retard push start, when a 49 minute game is pretty long as is and they likely could have played it straight.

I see. Thanks for the reply. I will watch some VODs now to catch up on the qualifiers.

I'm trying to think of other stretch goals they could do

Maybe a second round of immortal items?
A ward?
An Arcana for the second placer of the vote?
Gabe announcer?

It seems Valve didn't expect this kind of speed at all. I wonder if they had even started development on the latter stretch goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom