• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

FtHTiny

You dont call out if the enemy completes items etc?

Na maybe an early dagger but most of the time no one reacts to such calls anyway.

I don't think so. I usually need to suggest a strategy, item, or priority and that stuff doesn't really do that.

For instance, suggesting, then justifying that your carry buy Diffusal against Warlock or Omniknight.

That´s so much hassle that you probably can´t even focus on your own game and i bet you get ignored most of the time anyway.
I found that when i let them do their stuff and just play it´s not only less agrivating and often it works out.

Madouu

I'm pretty sure english speakers in the same game spend most of the time flaming each other rather than using it to communicate anything worthwhile anyway.

Chat wheel and pings are actually more useful most of the time. Once in a blue moon, you get friendly people that use voice chat well, but this is even rarer than golden doomlings.

collige

Banned
I'm in 2.3k, so I'm probably expecting too much. It is just frustrating when you spend 10-20 minutes with nothing being accomplished. No cores being farmed, no objectives being taken, no Roshan's being claimed etc etc. I think this mid game dullness is one of the things that turns a lot of lower tier players off the game and its one of the reasons why pub DotA matches stretch on too long.

I've never really played Dota 2 at your MMR so my advice might not be that great, but I would recommend picking heroes that can accomplish these objectives easily by themselves. Good examples would be Lycan, Shadow Shaman, or Death Prophet for pushing and Lycan, Ursa, or Enigma for Roshing. All of those heroes can take objectives very easily with little farm and little help from your team.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Holy shit that last fail in the new FOTW

laugh.gif

DarkKyo

All the demiheroes are sold out....that's great....

cry.gif

I'm in the same boat. Tried for 7-8 hours last night, didn't work once. Then they're just gone...

Someone on reddit mentioned that lots of people accidentally made 3-4 orders due to site problems so it's possible that once those extra orders get sorted/deleted there could be a re-appearance of stock on the site. We can only hope. Even then it's not likely that valve will have fixed their shitty store servers...

Hylian7

Na maybe an early dagger but most of the time no one reacts to such calls anyway.

That´s so much hassle that you probably can´t even focus on your own game and i bet you get ignored most of the time anyway.
I found that when i let them do their stuff and just play it´s not only less agrivating and often it works out.

I find it more aggravating, especially when it is something like your carry not buying a BKB when they need one. I swear getting people to buy BKB sometimes is like pulling teeth.

I'm pretty sure english speakers in the same game spend most of the time flaming each other rather than using it to communicate anything worthwhile anyway.

Chat wheel and pings are actually more useful most of the time. Once in a blue moon, you get friendly people that use voice chat well, but this is even rarer than golden doomlings.
Everyone of every nationality flames at some point. That doesn't mean that voice and text aren't useful.

Pratfall

I've kind of gravitated to sniping captain when I play CD with my regular three stack and I need to stop drafting trilanes for this reason. People just seem to not get how they work. Like if I go to stack that doesn't mean the other support shouldn't come into the woods to stack another camp. Or at the very least harass. And if I buy courier and wards the other support will think that means its a great time to rush boots instead of grabbing sentries or smoke. So I end up dicking around in forest, while there is no harass from the other support that soaks up XP and 3 heroes end up behind.

So any good tips on executing trilanes, or explaining their purpose to laning partners?

I have had a much better time with aggro trilanes with a ton of kill potential. Something like a centaur and two stuns (maybe an instant and a good follow up, venge/lina or venge/leshrac). Make their safe lane a hell zone and fuck up their jungler if they have one. If they go full scared and back behind their tower, smoke up and rotate mid. I think it is easier to think of it as having two solid roamers who can cause hell everywhere rather than a static defensive tri that if they don't get kills they are really far behind. Just my two cents.

Madouu

Everyone of every nationality flames at some point. That doesn't mean that voice and text aren't useful.

It's mostly noise, I see "communication tools" used more in my bracket for people to flame each other after individual mistakes than to set up anything useful. It may be anecdotal but this is over 1000+ games, I don't imagine it being better in lower brackets.

I agree that the basic stuff like hero is missing from x lane, potm used ult is useful and guess what, you don't need advanced english knowledge to communicate it.

I've never really played Dota 2 at your MMR so my advice might not be that great, but I would recommend picking heroes that can accomplish these objectives easily by themselves. Good examples would be Lycan, Shadow Shaman, or Death Prophet for pushing and Lycan, Ursa, or Enigma for Roshing. All of those heroes can take objectives very easily with little farm and little help from your team.

Lycan and DP are basically the first two bans at my MMR. SS if he's not banned is definitely the first pick. I have realized that self sufficient heroes are pretty important at this level.

Nymerio

It's mostly noise, I see "communication tools" used more in my bracket for people to flame each other after individual mistakes than to set up anything useful. It may be anecdotal but this is over 1000+ games, I don't imagine it being better in lower brackets.

I agree that the basic stuff like hero is missing from x lane, potm used ult is useful and guess what, you don't need advanced english knowledge to communicate it.

► Well Played!
► Well Played!
► Well Played!

Demoli

P9MtGkA.jpg

In other news, It's hot as fuck here in Algarve. Shit connection aswel. Only be back by Sunday. Watch Techies be released this week.
sad.gif

52club

I haven't played ranked in a long time. I think at one point I was near 4k, but other players have improved faster than me. Which is to be expected at my old age of 37. I'm at 3.4k now, and I also realize that while MMR is correlated to my skill level it isn't a perfect correlation.

Also if I wanted to troll I would do it in ranked games for the biggest return for my time. I'm convinced this makes ranked games even more likely to have trolls.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
From two different MMR experiments it seems like 3.7-4.2K is the worst bracket filled with people who think they know better than others but still suck at a lot of things.
That dream is dead. MMR is an unpredictable crapshoot.
Am I winning? I'm still at 3724 after playing 0 ranked solo games.
Is the Vengeful messed up as well, does it come with the digital code?
Venge doesn't have any major visible detractions and will include the code.

Raytow

From two different MMR experiments it seems like 3.7-4.2K is the worst bracket filled with people who think they know better than others but still suck at a lot of things.

Am I winning? I'm still at 3724 after playing 0 ranked solo games.

Venge doesn't have any major visible detractions and will include the code.
You have my moneis then, do I pm you?

sixghost

I've kind of gravitated to sniping captain when I play CD with my regular three stack and I need to stop drafting trilanes for this reason. People just seem to not get how they work. Like if I go to stack that doesn't mean the other support shouldn't come into the woods to stack another camp. Or at the very least harass. And if I buy courier and wards the other support will think that means its a great time to rush boots instead of grabbing sentries or smoke. So I end up dicking around in forest, while there is no harass from the other support that soaks up XP and 3 heroes end up behind.

So any good tips on executing trilanes, or explaining their purpose to laning partners?
Just tell the other support what to do. If you pull, tell them to stay in lane to zone the offlane out. If you buy courier+obs, tell them to buy sentries+smoke. Most of the time I'll just buy smoke+sentries in order to force the other support to get obs+cour, unless they are playing tree or something that needs to use their starting money. Learn how to deward, and just ask for the sentries if the camp is blocked. I also tend to be the one to pull, since players like that tend to not know how to double pull.

Top Bottom