• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

C9 with Sing was my fave team ever. C9 without him just ain't the same, and nor is Team Tinker.
77B118AFDB31BC909425B8B8C43E287A5B9FB599

Fata's defining attribute was that guy who builds mek on everyone. Now he doesn't even have that. Booooooooooooring. He's a great puck, but thats true of 70% of pro mids these days.

my favorite is Speed Gaming at MLG

EE, Sing Sing, Aui, pieliedie and Arteezy taking down DK with Chen Blinkz

so good

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like C9 more with Fata, he feels very strong and consistent, where Sing ether made big plays or was useless, and often the later in the months leading up to him leaving the team.

Satch

Banned
does anybody here have a lane that they like more than others, independent of the heroes

for example i somehow almost always go to the offlane even if my hero would be better somewhere else. idk what it is about the offlane but i just prefer spending the laning phase there.

Madouu

Fata makes a lot of smart decisions I don't see a lot of other pro players make, he is often very good with his positioning.

does anybody here have a lane that they like more than others, independent of the heroes

for example i somehow almost always go to the offlane even if my hero would be better somewhere else. idk what it is about the offlane but i just prefer spending the laning phase there.

I prefer offlane too, that's where I head in most of my games.

Off -> Mid -> Safe -> Jungle

Jungle so boring.

We can do it like this.

Off > Support >= Mid > Jungle > Safe

I duo queue a lot, so supporting is actually fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Off -> Mid -> Safe -> Jungle

Jungle so boring.

Razzer

Aye, offlane is probably it for me. I don't like going mid as I'm not familiar with a lot of the mechanics involved, but I prefer being solo as I don't have to rely on my team to make plays or do well in lane. Also, frankly, supports suck. Like, it's the role I feel the playerbase in general sucks the most at, which is great for offlaners because you almost always get more than you should out of a lane. The amount of triple kills I've gotten as Tide at level 6 is way higher than it should be.

Edit: Seems offlane is the people's choice, lol.

I think I have the most fun offlane. Mostly because when I go offlane, it's with a hero designed to take a shit on the safe lane carry. I'm picking Necros and Axes and Huskars and WR's and Broods and other obnoxious as hell heroes.

I guess that is to say I enjoy making someone else's life miserable for the course of a game.

So in terms of fun:

Off --> Mid --> Support --> Carry -- Jungle

In terms of winning:

Mid --> Support --> Carry --> Off --> Jungle

Quesa

Same. I like offlane because it's easier to call than most other lanes but you don't have to pick a support to play in it. And if you get a jungler everyone usually assumes you'll be the solo which I prefer in the first place. Solo off is my favorite lane because you get levels quickly since most safe lanes won't actively keep you out of xp range because who are we kidding it's 3k matchmaking. You can make a difference early on with the right hero but don't have to be the hard carry and be worried about being the best cser. Also techies offlaning is super fun and I get first blood almost every game.

off > jungle > support > mid > safe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Satch was talking about lanes, not roles.

I like going off regardless of what I'm playing, whether it's suicide Clock, core Slark, or support Jakiro.

I'm not confident enough in my mid to insta-lock Ember Spirit and type "mid or feed" like some other people, but it is the lane I'm most interested in being good at.

Madouu

My favorite heroes tend to be of the initiating/counter-initiating kind, stuff like clock, puck, magnus, nyx, tide and disruptor.

Satch was talking about lanes, not roles.

I like going off regardless of what I'm playing, whether it's suicide Clock, core Slark, or support Jakiro.

I'm not confident enough in my mid to insta-lock Ember Spirit and type "mid or feed" like some other people, but it is the lane I'm most interested in being good at.

yeah although roles and lanes are very linked, like in my case most of the heroes I find fun are offlaners.

Pratfall

I love off because players tend to be pretty bad at zoning and then underestimate a level advantage. Nothing I love more than solo killing a panicking void as bounty.

Would you guys get bottle on mid bristle?

Bottle on ((Almost Any Hero)) is too good with the new rune system.

I gemmed everything except for my doto items and cards I might get a badge for in the future.

Yeah, basically anyone go bottle at this point in time. I'm thinking there might be some change to the runes/bottle in the next major patch though. The way runes play atm is a bit odd at times. We'll see.

Bounty rune gives a single charge instead of 3

this isn't the way it is now, right? You're suggesting that? (I don't play mid, and I don't build bottle on supports, so I'm not positive lol) If so, I think that's a good change. As it is now, it feels like whoever has the beefier trilane ends up winning mid, too. Seems a bit unintended.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucing christ, if you're going to take DK mid and take every rune try and gank at least once

And don't yell at the team for not defending the tower when you're halfway across the map with no TP

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm surprised there is no Dota items in the Steam Auction thing. I'm sure people would toss a Million Gems on what ever it was.

shira

Bottle on ((Almost Any Hero)) is too good with the new rune system.

I gemmed everything except for my doto items and cards I might get a badge for in the future.

I got 400 gems. And the top bid for the Winter Profile is 250k gems. WTF is this shit?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got 400 gems. And the top bid for the Winter Profile is 250k gems. WTF is this shit?

No clue. I bought 30k gem for $5, and bid on Roller Coaster Tycoon and some early access game that looked interesting, hoping I can get one. If not, I'll just buy a bunch of booster packs and make badges for games I like.

Satch

Banned
any thoughts on my spec build? what should i have bought to win this in the late game?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1085013974

i was force-randomed that hero during the draft (me and my luck with random draft, right?), and i never play spectre so i was kinda worried about how the game would go. it was nice to get some practice out of it even though we lost.

any thoughts on my spec build? what should i have bought to win this in the late game?

i was force-randomed that hero during the draft (me and my luck with random draft, right?), and i never play spectre so i was kinda worried about how the game would go. it was nice to get some practice out of it even though we lost.

I think I probably would have sold defusal for bfly. Not sure if you had the money, my brain is a bit fried. Spectre is weird though. And their comp beats you pretty bad.

Quilt

Neo Member

How did the fights go? I actually would have recommended that Omni buy a blink if he was too strapped for an aghs. I'm guessing he got blown up without getting his abilities off a lot.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck I thought I could fucking do it but I fucking can't, I can't play Ranked if "my MMR" apparently includes a Natures Prophet who TPs into the enemy team that we can all see 1v5

Like, when do I reach the point where you don't fucking get people who do shit like that? And it its "never" then what's the damn point?

Aselith

Fuck I thought I could fucking do it but I fucking can't, I can't play Ranked if "my MMR" apparently includes a Natures Prophet who TPs into the enemy team that we can all see 1v5

Like, when do I reach the point where you don't fucking get people who do shit like that? And it its "never" then what's the damn point?

How is that different from unranked?

Aselith

If you think that red set is awesome! Get a load of this WHITE NYX SET (that also has a red style). This set has been out for months and I own it and I had zero clue it came in fucking white. This is easily one of the most eye appealing sets in the game.

Imma post a picture of my sick ass Nyx and blow your mind sockets out when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom