• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, and it works fine

I'm partial to skadi > heart as a tank item, too, at least on PL

Skadi adds a lot of agility on top of HP. I think I'll go for that.

Also, I'm surprised Lancer didn't get nerfed. His current incarnation is significantly stronger than early 2013 Lancer. He's a crazy good hero at the moment who can kill virtually 95% of the hero pool once he gets a timely diffusal (<15 mins).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Battle Furry is likely going to see a rework in the future, once again there is signs that Icefrog was playing around with the item and reverted it all before release. With pre-6.82, it looks like Icefrog experimented making Battle furry build out of vanguard, now there is evidence Icefrog experimented making Battle Furry build out of Quelling Blade.

Winter Wyvern doesn't look that close to being done sadly, likely will be out before winter is over though. Maybe a January Update, or part of New Bloom.

zjVvRJ5.png

There was a talisman of evasion in the side shop?! Wut

Razzer

Holy shit I wake up and suddenly patch. I'll sum my thoughts soon.

But for now, dat EE blog. On point as others have said. The bit about casters seemed especially sad to me. Talk about insensitive. Oh, and 'Also it seems like tournament organizers all want to kill each other, so the players will help you with that ^_^. '

I almost want the players to just leave a few tournaments who have been particularly bad to them to sink, personally. Decide as a group to boycott all Dreamhack and Starladder events, for instance. Only go to the ones that have treated them at least somewhat nicely. Not only would this help the overcrowding problem, it also gives the players power, as the tournaments have to treat them properly for fear of losing them. In the short term it might be hard on them money wise, but that is often what unions have to do.

Edit: An alternative, much less likely possible solution would be for the major tournament organizers to get together and create a proper schedule. Split the teams, LoL style, into regions. Starladder for CIS, Dreamhack for Europe, MLG or ESL for NA and SA, and I dunno someone for China. Have a LAN involving only those teams, then the winner qualifies for a big tourney run jointly by all the organizers, which rotates host region each time. Runners up at each of the regional LANs playoff for the final spot. This could happen like twice a year, one spring/summer, one autumn/winter.

I dunno, just spitballing. And yes I realize it's almost just LCS but not run by Valve.

Altima

Shit load of Carry buff as always.

Support gets some for really unplayable heroes.

I don't know what they achieve from doing this.

Last patch is also a cluster fuck for everyone. Match time got dragged ridiculously longer because of new gold system and map redesign. Less gank more farm more boring.

Razzer

In fact, you could probably just cut China out of that entirely, have it be the biggest event of the season, but only for the west.

Edit: Oh, and this only addresses the Tier 1 teams. The Reddit thread has a big post about Tier 2 teams, and that would need solving as well, but I think people like D2L reigning in their ambitions would be great, they would be just the kinda tourney for Tier 2 teams to thrive in. Something where they can gain some fans and earn some money.

Last patch is also a cluster fuck for everyone. Match time got dragged ridiculously longer because of new gold system and map redesign. Less gank more farm more boring.

I've completely given up on supporting.

Razzer

Thinking even more, the Tier 2 problem actually could be approached in conjunction with the caster problem. EE mentioned how the amount of pro player casts is dwindling, and how he misses seeing new pros cast. Well, the Tier 1 teams not being completely over scheduled would give them some downtime, hopefully. Part of this downtime could be spent casting! The quality of casts improves, the Tier 2 team tournies suddenly get a pull to bring in viewers (pro casts, entertaining personalities like Notail, for instance, would bring in viewers for any old Tier 2 match, imo.) And it's a chance for players to build their fanbase, which is always good for viewership.

Zoon

My first opinions on some hero changes:
Alchemist-Can transition from support to carry a lot easier
BM-Needed changes,can work as offlane/mid better(you can control runes at lvl 1)
Chen-Double ganking potential at lvl 3,15% hp golem aura helps him at late game.
CM-I don't see how these buffs help.
Disruptor-Hopefully people max glimpse 1st now.
Drow-Possibly the new rat since other illusions are nerfed.
Gyrocopter-loda is happy
Lifestealer-big plays incoming
Lina-1/1/3 builds incoming
Balanar-Playable again,enemy vision reduction is huge
Windrunner-powershot has more range that lvl 2 assassinate,AS buff close to being broken.
Summary:There will be more action early-mid game, since midgame focused heroes got bigger buffs than late game ones.

NBtoaster

CM and Lina are winning supports of this patch.

Zoon

I think these are wc3 mechanics.Unique attack modifier was buff and orb attack modifier.And I think skadi was only buff attack modifier while lifesteal was orb attack modifier.So they stack.

Might work after all, yeah.

Just tested in a lobby:

I picked Phantom Lancer. I bought diffusal blade, satanic and skadi. I dropped the items and picked them up in that order. When I attack a creep, skadi's debuff, satanic's lifesteal AND diffusal's mana burn (if applicable) ALL take effect. Illusions created by doppelganger (and presumably all other ways as well) inherit diffusal's mana burn, and mimic the lifesteal graphic.

So yeah, that's a fucking scary pl.

Razzer

Another thing I was actually thinking about a number of weeks ago. In cricket commentary (at least English Test commentary) there is a concept known as 'The third man'. This is a caster/analyst who doesn't really take part in the main cast, but pays attention to some of the finer details going on in the match, then puts together a little speech on it. The casters cut to him when it's ready, then he gives his little analysis, then they carry on. I couldn't find a clip unfortunately, and it would be harder to implement as Dota is faster than cricket (what isn't), but it's something I've wanted in other sports, Dota included, for a long while now.

Goldmund

The cooldowns on stolen spells are not (or no longer?) reset by re-stealing after another spell has been stolen and cast. So you can't chain ravages or something crazy like that. Still a huge Rubick buff.

Razzer

One other small thing.

DON'T PUT THE CASTERS WHERE PLAYERS CAN HEAR THEM! I was actually noticing this at Dreamhack in particular. No matter how sensitive they try to be, they still have to talk about the game and congratulate the winners, which will be hard for the loser's to hear. My solution would be to cut the audio to the stadium once gg is called. I'm sure the live audience don't care all that much once the match is over, they will be looking at the players and other such stuff. Just make it so the stream can hear the casters post game and that's it.

Spookie

Wait there is a fucking patch?! URMAGODS.

*Slark proceeds to fight Undying, Sven & Visage without a BKB. I don't fancy fighting under tombstone 2v3*
"GOD WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PUSSY BOUNTY HUNTER."

This fucking game makes my piss boil some times.
rage.gif

I think over time, ice frog wants to eliminate unique attack modifiers, every patch seems to get rid of one or two.

I'm kind of surprised caustic finale has remained one for so long. There's literally no reason it needs to be one, unless sand king gets some next level desolator nonsense going on, but orb of venom seems to be the only item he'd reasonably benefit from. And that's so minor of a buff...

Razzer

I think over time, ice frog wants to eliminate unique attack modifiers, every patch seems to get rid of one or two.

I'm kind of surprised caustic finale has remained one for so long. There's literally no reason it needs to be one, unless sand king gets some next level desolator nonsense going on, but orb of venom seems to be the only item he'd reasonably benefit from. And that's so minor of a buff...

Honestly it feels like UAMs are there to stop Deso working with stuff these days. I felt that even before the Diffusal change.

Hupsel

Hahaha I can now leave my cave again after seeing voids ulti cooldown being increased again. Fuck that hero.
Still needs 10 more seconds there Icefrog pls

These lina changes are actually quite nice, more nuke damage at early levels in exchange for higher mana costs.

At lvl 2 (skilled 1-1-0-0):
Old: 190 magic damage for 180 mana
New: 230 magic damage for 200 mana

At lvl7 (skilled 4-1-1-1):
Old: 820 magic damage for 510 mana
New: 890 magic damage for 525 mana

Razzer

It seems like a lot of the things that he says the players should do to effect change are stuff the players have already started doing. This public message is just them putting it out there why they will be doing what they do over the next few months.

Edit: RTZ thinks that orgs should only be allowed 2 tournies a year, like me. Yay!

FACE

Banned
Hahaha I can now leave my cave again after seeing voids ulti cooldown being increased again. Fuck that hero.
Still needs 10 more seconds there Icefrog pls

Have you managed to learn how to last hit while you were in your cave?

Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom