• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Unit

Select all maapos
Tab to main maapo
Blink
Tab->W->Click
Tab->W->Click
Tab->W->Click
Tab->W->Click

Congrats, now you're a maapo god.

Aw shit haly. U just explain meepo to me. I think I have one game with him and it just makes sense now to make me try him

Ultrabum

Twitch chat sure is something.

Icaikin: I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect

Twitch chat sure is something.

Icaikin: I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect

If nothing else, twitch chat is creative.

they added visual effect for sange
they finally made dragon knight third dragon actually stack with the other one like it should have forever ago
shadow amulet doesnt suck to cast on yourself (or others) anymore
new heroes to cm
moar night stalker buffsss
bh gonna be so rich

although

no new aghs
ck still sucks

overall good patch

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
r-butoon-md.png

Incidentally, the strategy is identical to playing Doom, or LC.

Holy shit, this is quite the patch to wake up to. Early thoughts:

Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier

Does that mean Phantom Lancer can benefit from diffusal, skadi AND satanic at the same time now? Also, AM's mana break continues to be an attack modifier?

Walrus PUNCH! cooldown reduced from 25/20/15 to 20/16/12

Farming Tusk with battlefury even more legit now.

You can now Alt-Click buffs and debuffs on your hero to announce them to your team

For all the buffs Bounty Hunter got, this change will be a slight nerf. People can now easily communicate "I'm tracked! BH nearby!" to their teammates.

Eyes In The Forest's Overgrowth damage increased from 135 to 175 per second
Eyes In The Forest cooldown reduced from 55 to 25

I think these are big buffs people are glancing over, and I need to recalculate which neutral camps you can kill with one overgrowth now.

Time Walk no longer slows attack speed
Chronosphere cooldown increased from 130/110/90 to 130/115/100
Ward unit types are no longer able to attack while inside the Chronosphere

I will never win my void game for the all hero challenge (currently 4 tries).

Meat Hook range increased from 700/900/1100/1300 to 1000/1100/1200/1300

Kill me.

This never occurred to me... I wonder how many times I've killed a teammate because I forgot pure damage wasn't magic...

works the other way too, not using it to save someone from magic. the other day an SK was channeling epi right in front of me, I panicked ran around in circles and died...then realized 'oh right 100% magic resist why didnt I use mah W fffffcuk!'

Disruptor

Glimpse mana cost rescaled from 160/130/100/70 to 100
Glimpse cooldown reduced from 65/50/35/20 to 60/46/32/18
Kinetic Field cooldown reduced from 14/13/12/11 to 13/12/11/10
Static Storm cooldown from 85 to 90/80/70

ahhhhh sheeeeittt

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Watched a bit of purge to get the basics, practiced some customs for micro and voila, Enigma finished on my all hero challenge in only one match. Got pretty lucky in all pick, had a proper team, communicated ganks well, chained cc and rotated throughout the map with proper efficiency. those matches feel heavenly

my baby needs all the love she can get. manta isn't a bad purchase on her anymore.

I don't think manta was bad before this change. Great build path w/ early yasha, and it gives her additional defensive abilities. It's not as good as on some other agi carries, but it's pretty damn good regardless. With this new change I think it's a 100% buy. Definitely core.

I don't think manta was bad before this change. Great build path w/ early yasha, and it gives her additional defensive abilities. It's not as good as on some other agi carries, but it's pretty damn good regardless. With this new change I think it's a 100% buy. Definitely core.

It was pretty bad outside of some very specific circumstances. most of the time you'd rather just have a casual yasha and build your bkb or SnY/crit. now it makes more sense to finish a manta

It was pretty bad outside of some very specific circumstances. most of the time you'd rather just have a casual yasha and build your bkb or SnY/crit. now it makes more sense to finish a manta

I generally finished it 3rd-4th item or so. Not a top priority unless the other team had skywrath or something like that. I vastly prefer it to SnY, but to be fair Manta is an item that suits the way I play carry very well, so I tend to be more willing to buy it. Crit and BKB (usually) are higher priority for sure.

That said, on this patch I might go double wraith/treads -> Yasha -> Crit -> Manta. Will have to play around with it a bit.

I don't really like the guy but good read.

Just skimmed over it myself. I think he's pretty much on the money throughout. Dota is a very community-driven phenomenon, and right now people are just caring less. That's really awful for the scene as a whole. I remember Prophet 2GD warning of these dire times like mid summer when these tournies started to be announced and it made sense then. Even more so now. Will be interesting and likely disheartening to see how the scene changes next year.

In my mind the extremes are this:
Worst Case: Viewership tanks from dota-induced fatigue. Top teams begin to only sign on for a handful of tournaments, and more cases like Era of players have mental issues from super intense stress/anxiety become more frequent. Lower-tier dota continues to be without proper support and the scene starts to struggle due to losing players faster than it gains them.

Best Case: The tier-1 scene balances out and stabilizes allowing for plenty of dota, without ruining players' drive or viewers' hype. The sub-top tier scene flourishes due to the large number of tournaments looking for teams. Lots of up-and-comers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Io technically has a "face", and he needs to turn in order to cast Tether, or auto attack, just like any other hero.

Now he doesn't need to turn! This is going to be pretty freaky actually because he can orb walk perfectly now with zero lag time for turning.

Qvoth

apparently if you drop and pick up satanic and skadi and mess around with their slot on your inventory you can benefit from multiple UAMs? this seems to be what 3 orb PL was all about

Io technically has a "face", and he needs to turn in order to cast Tether, or auto attack, just like any other hero.

Now he doesn't need to turn! This is going to be pretty freaky actually because he can orb walk perfectly now with zero lag time for turning.

I thought it was a pretty cool buff and made sense.
too bad it still has a turn rate

Wait, so does "actions" include moving? Does this change actually make his turn rate completely 0 or does it only apply to casting spells/right clicks/etc.?

Wok

Z5xRkfG.png

No need for a refresher anymore, at least in order to ward the map. The refresher is still needed to to farm all the camps every minute though.

zjVvRJ5.png

Huge for Battelfury rush.

jdcMoGw.png

Awesome. Now, we can have an Ursa with Diffusal and Desolator on top of Vladimir, or an Ursa with Diffusal, Skadi and Satanic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A minor heads up, it looks like the Slark's Hookblade of Skadi and PA's Hell's Glare are going to be in that new immortal chest with different names, The Barb of Skadi and Hell's Usher. If you have them, now may be a good time to offload them. There is also several mouse coursers offered by perfect world. CM, Chaos Knight, and Mirana. I'm betting there is going to be a ton of cosmetic items tied to Perfect World's 'Dota 2 Asia Championships'.

The Azure Constellation is actually going to come with a hud, which is cool.

Hylian7

This, he basically has that little curve that's his "face" determing what direction his facing. It's still there for force staffing, but I tried it in test and it's pretty cool. You can orb walk someone behind you as you run away.

Kard8p3

goddamnit I guess we aren't getting the patch this week, since techies says they will be added to cm "next week"

would've been nice to get it this week.

O well.

apparently if you drop and pick up satanic and skadi and mess around with their slot on your inventory you can benefit from multiple UAMs? this seems to be what 3 orb PL was all about

I recall watching Barny's stream once and he mentioned that it's possible to have your PL illusions mana steal and your main PL slow with a Skadi but I don't remember how it worked.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda fucked over my team with my Dragon Knight pick but I ended up carrying the mid game pretty hard, allowing our 0-4 anti-mage to climb back into the game.

90 minute game, never again. So much buybacks and tp boots just to see the both teams fight twice.

Thank god for mega creeps tho.

Next up is Viper and Queen of Pain. Not overly concerned with either of those two but I'm a bit weary of certain picks against QOP.

So you basically pick up Skadi 1st, Diffusal 2nd, but put your Diffusal in the first item slot? Did I get the right? I'll try that today in a custom lobby.

yes, and it works fine

I'm partial to skadi > heart as a tank item, too, at least on PL

dream PL is diffusal -> manta -> skadi -> bfly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom