• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

Is there any page that goes into the details that are not up front in dota2? Like every hero having X% of magic resistance built in, courier encumbered, and other things that you wouldnt notice right away?

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Is there any page that goes into the details that are not up front in dota2? Like every hero having X% of magic resistance built in, courier encumbered, and other things that you wouldnt notice right away?

you can just ask us :3

Also if we are still on the topic of 3 orb PL it works confirmed by me

Is there a really cheap (like sub 500) Laptop that can run Dota on at least medium if not better?

I moved out of my parent's this week and I really miss playing Dota with my little brother in the same room, so I need a way to let him play over my house.

Preferably from Amazon for 2 day shipping

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

the wiki should have everything of that sort, plus all the weird interactions you get between heroes.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm confused by the new ward+Chrono interaction. Does Death Ward no longer attack heroes in Chrono, regardless if the ward itself is inside the Chrono itself?

Big Dog

I'm confused by the new ward+Chrono interaction. Does Death Ward no longer attack heroes in Chrono, regardless if the ward itself is inside the Chrono itself?

Without seeing it or testing it myself, I assume it means the death ward just freezes inside the chrono and stops what it was doing. While still channeling its cast time (as long as witch doctor is outside the actual chrono).

Edit: Check post above me... seems to be what I'm saying.

bbd23

lol fng

2302f19fe5271e0f57b18bd52d2c96f13fe5e471_full.jpg

Randdalf

Another thing I was actually thinking about a number of weeks ago. In cricket commentary (at least English Test commentary) there is a concept known as 'The third man'. This is a caster/analyst who doesn't really take part in the main cast, but pays attention to some of the finer details going on in the match, then puts together a little speech on it. The casters cut to him when it's ready, then he gives his little analysis, then they carry on. I couldn't find a clip unfortunately, and it would be harder to implement as Dota is faster than cricket (what isn't), but it's something I've wanted in other sports, Dota included, for a long while now.

One thing that might restrict this in Dota 2 is that in Sky's cricket coverage, every commentator presenter and pundit of their main coverage is an ex-international, some of them considered among the best ever (e.g. Ian Botham).

Razzer

One thing that might restrict this in Dota 2 is that in Sky's cricket coverage, every commentator presenter and pundit of their main coverage is an ex-international, some of them considered among the best ever (e.g. Ian Botham).

Which is why the pros would do it.

Chris R

I hope Valve is working (with help from the top organizations) on something similar to LCS for doto. Too many tournaments is an issue, there just has to be some balance between regional games and "world wide" lan events.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I hope Valve is working (with help from the top organizations) on something similar to LCS for doto. Too many tournaments is an issue, there just has to be some balance between regional games and "world wide" lan events.
I think Valve would much rather the organizations work with eachother than work with them.

I don't think even merloobi knows what EE knows about going treads+manta on PA. Aui talked about it like it was some big secret and that he'd get in trouble if he told us.

i thought it would be some cool thing and it was just lame shit like dodging some shots and getting rid of silences what a let down

i was like no shit

Nymerio

The 6.83 15% HP aura thing of the ancient creep, does that mean that if you stack ancients and you get that spawn that the complete stack has 15% increased hp?

Was that really it? wtf I feel so cheated.
That's just what they want you to believe.

Ew, numpad.

to be fair c9 never said it

i wanna say it was ppd way later in the night came on and talked about it and wasnt sure why they were treating it as some secret

Chris R

So is Dota 2 eligible for my GOTY vote? 4 Heroes added this year, along with the New Bloom and Assassination Contract events...

If I put it on my list, Hearthstone gets the boot

Demoli

So, my thoughts on the patch:

Illusions nerf as I called, this is probably to nerf Naga and TB moreso than any other heroes.

Brew nerfs aren't gonna be enough.

The chen buffs were really creative, make him move mobile and have a real late game with aghs granite golems.

Earth Spirit got some token nerfs, he'll probably be CM in New Bloom.

Big Slap to Void, hope it's enough, but it' still 6secs of hard CC.

Jugg is gonna get to a state where it will be like void and he'll just explode in popularity when people realize how good he has become.

That Kunkka buff will be awful for people like me who do the level 2= torrent and level 3= boat, but it's an amazing change for people who do know the proper timings.

Naix's new sub ability actually seems like a buff to his jungling, even though he belongs in lane. I can see some plays with Ursa or Centaur creep.

Those would have been some amazing changes to Sylla if no for that god awful CD nerf. I understand the need to increase it since now battlecry gives a severe benefit at lower levels (+50 on bear AND Sylla is huge), but 40 secs would be more than enough, considering the lower duration as well. Will probably be iron out in the next few patches.

Nice buffs to Nightstalker, love that hero and those buffs could be absolutely crazy when coupled with aghs.

Ogre can get rekt for all I care, hero was too good.

Crazy buffs to QoP, I feel she's gonna be one of the t1 or t2 heroes of the patch, 1300 blink at lvl 1 is crazy. also, pure damage on ult, and goes through bkb, wut.

Token nerfs to Slark, I still feel the hero is a tad too strong.

Tide nerfs were mostly to his Refresher ult, It will probably still not be enough.

Can Tiny still combo with the new Toss timing?

Nice buffs to undying, hope it's enough to make him popular again.

Huge Wr buffs aswel, but i'm not as optimistic on this one.

Euls nerf wasnt enough imo

Pratfall

Crazy buffs to QoP, I feel she's gonna be one of the t1 or t2 heroes of the patch, 1300 blink at lvl 1 is crazy. also, pure damage on ult, and goes through bkb, wut.

She can get to the new double bounty rune and still get back to creep block with her new blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom