• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Get reported a lot this time.

Not good when you're solo playing.

Also people can't handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has lanes, and those lanes have to be guarded by men with skills. Who's gonna do it? You? You, xxxPimpxxx666? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Dota gods. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that lane, you need me in that lane. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the expert carry that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Dagon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Does the truth include lots of "fuck you"s?

I'll give you the example from the game. I was luna, had a venge support. Venge decides to afk in between towers, I trade some hits, come out worse but still alive to compete.

we then go into lane together, shes taking last hits away, autoattacking creeps. I ask nicely if I could last hit, to which the answer was for her to continue autoattacking and messing up the farm that my starving luna needs.

So for every time she died, it was greeted with hahahahaha

Interfectum

Get reported a lot this time.

Not good when you're solo playing.

Also people can't handle the truth.

In a sea of assholes you still get singled out by Valve. If that were me I'd consider changing my ways. Would it hurt you to be a little nicer to your fellow man online?

I can't even imagine getting put in low priority for being an asshole in Dota. You must have said some pretty fucked up shit on a consistent basis.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Same damn shit you did last time you came in here bragging you got thrown in LPQ. Better than just quitting out at :45 secs like you used to do I suppose.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This Quarter is a huge wash for the western pro scene. I have to agree with Envy too, I just can't muster any caring about Star Ladder this season, and its already a month in. I'll likely not purchase next seasons ticket since I'm just not watching the games.

Same damn shit you did last time you came in here bragging you got thrown in LPQ. Better than just quitting out at :45 secs like you used to do I suppose.

I would have abandoned had I not been in low priority already.

Match went on for another 40+ minutes.

Meet and greet is live.

This Quarter is a huge wash for the western pro scene. I have to agree with Envy too, I just can't muster any caring about Star Ladder this season, and its already a month in. I'll likely not purchase next seasons ticket since I'm just not watching the games.

Starladder has way too many seasons

Honestly don't think I've watched any of this season really, the European division feels really underwhelming as well

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Star Ladder has to many of the seasons for their Star Series, I think all the lower tier stuff they do in the background is fine and should be frequent, since its not geared for spectating but for simply giving teams practice.

I think I'm just more confused than anything. What exactly are you saying in all chat to get tossed into LPQ? Is it spamming or are you being offensive? Or both?

Usually LOL when theres a fail gank etc.

Meet and greet is still live.

edit: i must confess something, i usually try and post in here to bait someone, another gaffer and I try and guess who the person will be that takes the bait.

Star Ladder has to many of the seasons for their Star Series, I think all the lower tier stuff they do in the background is fine and should be frequent, since its not geared for spectating but for simply giving teams practice.

Honestly feel like we need more online only tournaments, I don't get why every tournament these days seems to need a lan, stuff like D2L and Synergy League just don't need to have a LAN finals.

Back above 2.8k thanks to God Shaker.

Re: LPQ, I also don't understand how people manage to get it. I've only got like 450 games, but I am totally no-bullshit tryhard no sugarcoating in basically every game and I've never gotten it.

match im in now, what do?

UfV6ehn.jpg

Back above 2.8k thanks to God Shaker.

Re: LPQ, I also don't understand how people manage to get it. I've only got like 450 games, but I am totally no-bullshit tryhard no sugarcoating in basically every game and I've never gotten it.

Well 2 ways:

1.) Being incessant, whiny, petulant, roids-ragey manchildren/womenchildren.

2.) Having a very unreliable internet connection.

About 4,000 matches into the career and I've been to LPQ once. As I recall it was because of 2 abandons within 24 or 48 hours. Internet was unreliable at the time due to weather/power outtages. 7 abandons total, lifetime.

So yea, I'd like to believe most are there because their internet is unstable, but I think we've all seen enough ragebabies and sociopaths to know they make up more than their fair share.

3.) "but I am totally no-bullshit tryhard no sugarcoating in basically every game" - What, exactly, does this mean? You're yelling at teammates? If so, don't. It won't lead to them playing better and takes away focus on what you need to be focusing on: your win condition. Turn as much negative energy as possible into constructive discussion on what items, objectives, and team fight positioning setups will put your team in the best position to win...and do your best to encourage your teammates to do the same. That is how you try hard.

inkls

I'll have to take you on your offer when my mistakes weren't so glaringly obvious. Horrible CS, whiffed my ult many times, awkward positioning, getting greedy for aoe damage and dying/missing everything, etc. I'm seriously expecting to see myself on a Dota fails video soon.

Would love to add more people on Steam though (username is Flux with same avatar for anyone wanting to play/talk).

When I start to get those games where I feel like I did everything right and need some perspective I'll be asking. Thank you so much for your offer, love this thread :)

If you really want it still, here it is http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1096125716

Alright so I went and watched your replay. So here are my impressions (if I'm being harsh I apologize, its not intended):

• You walked right into Storm's Remnants a couple of times. Avoid doing that. They hurt alot and you should be harassing him out of lane, not walking up to him in melee range.
  • As QoP you are a lane bully so you should have won that lane, even if you had a harder time farming compared to Storm you should have prevented him from getting last hits. A farmed storm does much more than a farmed QoP. Prevent him from getting to that stage. I saw that in your top 4 played heroes were included Viper and Sniper. Basically play QoP like you play those. Everytime that storm went for last hits you should have been punishing him for it. Right click him (while still not walking too close) until he backs off.
  • Go for runes everytime they spawn (every 2 min. So 2, 4, 6, 8, etc). So you can keep spamming your abilities and prevent Storm from getting stuff that should be dangerous vs you.
  • You went for recovery kills after dying twice to Storm which is fine, you couldn't do much to bully or kill him and you were behind in last hits so that was the logical choice to make. Go for squishy targets, that game you had an ench, kotl, and zeus to gank, but you did maybe one gank were you blew you ult on a kunkka under the effect of his rum.
  • You needed more mana items early, you weren't going to get that orchid quickly. You could have bought stuff like power treads and put them on int, a magic wand, a null talisman so you could have had a decent mana pool instead of 500 mana at level 8 which means you run out of mana very quickly.
  • For the orchid, if you want int grab the robe of the magi first, the sobi mask doesn't give much regen early and you already had a bottle.
  • Make things happen. You can't be content with farming vs Storm as he'll do more than you later on. Go for ganks, help your team get a lead.
  • Don't try ganking Storm after he go level 6, he can dodge your damage with ball lightning if hes good enough. Focus on the guaranteed kills like Kotl and ench.

To be fair though, your team didn't have much control for Storm in the first place, your only big stun was Tiny and he got bkb, so if he snowballed you were gonna have a hard time.

Hope that helped.

3.) "but I am totally no-bullshit tryhard no sugarcoating in basically every game" - What, exactly, does this mean? You're yelling at teammates? If so, don't. It won't lead to them playing better and takes away focus on what you need to be focusing on: your win condition. Turn as much negative energy as possible into constructive discussion on what items, objectives, and team fight positioning setups will put your team in the best position to win...and do your best to encourage your teammates to do the same. That is how you try hard.

I don't yell at team mates, and I own up to my own mistakes, but I also call my teammates on their bullshit/mistakes. To be completely honest I think I'm fairer than the vast majority of players, but it still REALLY gets to some people.
Oh, I also fuck with people who get REALLY mad over nothing or people who are trolling.

Madouu

I don't yell at team mates, and I own up to my own mistakes, but I also call my teammates on their bullshit/mistakes. To be completely honest I think I'm fairer than the vast majority of players, but it still REALLY gets to some people.
Oh, I also fuck with people who get REALLY mad over nothing or people who are trolling.

Unless you know them and they actually have some respect for you, or you are the Dendi of message delivery, it will often do more harm than good. (This is without examining if you are actually right or wrong in your call outs)

Anyway, patch live enjoy it bros.

Unless you know them and they actually have some respect for you, or you are the Dendi of message delivery, it will often do more harm than good. (This is without examining if you are actually right or wrong in your call outs)

Anyway, patch live enjoy it bros.

I can't help but do it. Honestly I only really do it when other people start it initially, but this is a personality issue more than a "raging in dota" issue lol.

jokkir

Did the update go live? I just downloaded something and it went to finding match right away when I opened the client. It took me literally 3 seconds to find a game

Big Dog

hmm so the stuff in the new chest has also been directly added to the store.

The exact same thing happened with Dota Cinema's chest that came out last month. I also noticed that there is a stand alone MVP.Phoenix courier being sold on the in-game store that isn't with anything else. It looks kind of nice but has a dumb price tag like they all do.

Understood. And whatever you can do to blunt the blow of criticism, do your best to try it. The less people feel defensive (especially when they're struggling), the more receptive they will be to altering their positioning or style of play. Like last night I was struggling as a carry against a team with 4 blink dagger initiators. Instead of,

"Yo wtf guys. FFS...counter-initiate on them goddamnit. We're gonna lose. WTF is our Venge doing"

my approach was,

"Hey guys, they're looking for opportunities to initiate on me. I'm gonna try to hang back, but be ready if they try to do the same thing again. Venge, be ready to swap me out next time if possible."

or something along those lines.

Whether it's about improving positioning or items or skill builds, I generally get, "ok" as opposed to "stfu". There will be some of those too and you can't do anything about that...but as they say, it is often possible to make lemonade if you add enough sugar to the mix.

Embody the change you want to see in the community and you'll often have better experiences than most. If something constructive can't be said, don't say anything until there is something constructive that can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom