• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Desert Tiles:
P4kY4A8.jpg

I wonder if this could be implemented as a in game cosmetic or if Valve plans on some event using this.

Chris R

Opened 4 of the cheap chests, got muh money worth (would have preferred the drow set from the new chest but Luna for $1.75 is fine)

I like the NP Kinetic gem I got too, even if I had to burn a hammer to get it out of the shitty set it was in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are the hitboxes all the same? those palm trees look tiny.

Trees are wonky, dire seems the same but radiant for some reason is now a bunch of shrubs. Maybe I screwed something up, i'm sure workshop devs/valve could make them have the same hitboxes.

inkls

Thx for the input. My itemization is something I can fix right away, the other stuff I'll just have to make some good habits and break bad ones. You're a saint.

No prob, hit me up if you need more input. I like mid lane alot (not the best though, so take my tips with a grain of salt).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Makes sense since it goes through magic immunity.

Yeah, but generally ice frog doesn't like the thing being easily killed by collateral, I expect some courier specific exemption. Or who knows, new meta and what not.

Dota 2 Asian Championship has its 8 invites set out, and the teams in the qualifiers announced:
http://dota2.uuu9.com/201412/483797.shtml

Newbee, ViCi Gaming, Invictus Gaming, LGD, MVP Phoenix, Evil Geniuses, Rave, and Secret are the invites. Good lineup.

Cloud 9 got tossed in the "American" qualifier group, with SNA, eHug, and Complexity. Looks like it should be a clinch, but eHug did really well in the NA SL Qualifiers coming out 7-0, so there is a chance for an upset.

Wonder how the slots will be allotted, there is 8 qualifying slots. Maybe 1 from NA, 2 from Europe, 4 from Asia, and a wild card with the runner ups? Does the site say?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Malicious Sting set for Shadow Demon should a wider release in the next day or two from Perfect World (Something about getting 1900 points in some program they are testing) not too sure how that will translate into being put on the steam market, but if you want it look out for it on the market for the next 2 or 3 days. I think it looks cool.

Cosmetic_icon_Malicious_Sting.png

manfestival

played 3 games today
1 ability draft which I ended up becoming end boss visage with mostly luna abilities
2 AP

1 game with chaos knight... in which i tried to copy rtz. it ended up getting people hating me for the build since it wasnt traditional meta and of course that leads to finger pointing

1 game with tiny doing slahsers way. which was very successful(as have my previous games doing slahsers way with heroes)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, hear me out guys. Support Sniper.

You have a ton of range to harass in lane. You have a chance for a .5 second 100% slow which is super annoying in lane, and your super long range vision/slow ability, which you can also use to stack camps without having to leave lane and provide vision in fights. Your Ult is a powerful single target nuke.

Level 1 you will likely want headshot, but possibly take aim if the enemy is ranged too. You at level 3 want to get 1-1-1, then you will go 1-1-4-1, getting your 950 range. After you will likely want to max head shot to get as much damage as possible for free. For boots you will ether want int treads for the ability to attack faster and keep spamming spells, or Arcane Boots for more mana. Your first big item should be a force staff, to allow increase your mobility and get more mana. After you will want to pick up Drums for a nice stat boost, and additional mobility/attack speed. Some smaller optional items to pick up along the way are the likes of bottle and Ring of Aquila.

And if needed, you can transition into a traditional late game sniper with the likes of Manta/Mjolnir/Daedalus/Deso.

highfive.gif

Razzer

Ok, hear me out guys. Support Sniper.

You have a ton of range to harass in lane. You have a chance for a .5 second 100% slow which is super annoying in lane, and your super long range vision/slow ability, which you can also use to stack camps without having to leave lane and provide vision in fights. Your Ult is a powerful single target nuke.

Level 1 you will likely want headshot, but possibly take aim if the enemy is ranged too. You at level 3 want to get 1-1-1, then you will go 1-1-4-1, getting your 950 range. After you will likely want to max head shot to get as much damage as possible for free. For boots you will ether want int treads for the ability to attack faster and keep spamming spells, or Arcane Boots for more mana. Your first big item should be a force staff, to allow increase your mobility and get more mana. After you will want to pick up Drums for a nice stat boost, and additional mobility/attack speed. Some smaller optional items to pick up along the way are the likes of bottle and Ring of Aquila.

And if needed, you can transition into a traditional late game sniper with the likes of Manta/Mjolnir/Daedalus/Deso.

highfive.gif

Alternatively you max shrapnel first and have 3 30% slows to use for ganking and in teamfights as a pseudo upheaval that doesn't need channeling. And urn would maybe be good to keep hp topped up whilst also helping with the mana a bit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alternatively you max shrapnel first and have 3 30% slows to use for ganking and in teamfights as a pseudo upheaval that doesn't need channeling. And urn would maybe be good to keep hp topped up whilst also helping with the mana a bit.

The only thing killing that right now is that it takes 40 second for each charge of shrapnel, so it wouldn't be that great in the early game (But once you get to mid game, where fights break out less, it would be awesome)

Razzer

The only thing killing that right now is that it takes 40 second for each charge of shrapnel, so it wouldn't be that great in the early game (But once you get to mid game, where fights break out less, it would be awesome)

Aye, tradeoffs tradeoffs. Perhaps if Sniper still isn't picked that could be a buff for 6.83b.

Tenck

Something about making a comeback as Meepo always feels good.

9fc2bcafd8.png

Dat EXP graph for the enemy team. Honestly didn't think we'd have it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey Matt, if you are out there, is Secret going to the the Asian Championship? I see something about them being invited but not confirming yet?

Also, I take it we will get the Compendium to the event ether this Monday, or right after the new year.

Tenck

Honestly that looks like a graph where a team comes back against a meepo :p

Haha, yeah. I had two teammates that refused to get anything done. I had to roam around very early and unfortunately died a bit.

Luckily I turned it around towards the end.

Hylian7

Bounty Hunter goes in by all 3 of them when they have dust, tracks, goes invis, gets dusted and killed. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

TheCrow

Yeah.

That shrapnel change is basically cheating. If it wasn't for it I'd have a whole different match.

Yep, super good. Played against a clock and the vision it provides scouted him out a few times. Plus every team fight is just covered in shrapnel.

Something about making a comeback as Meepo always feels good.

9fc2bcafd8.png

Dat EXP graph for the enemy team. Honestly didn't think we'd have it.

This is why I never fuck around vs a meepo, even when we are far far ahead.
One mistake and your racks gets poofed.

The pro scene gets kinda boring around a new patch. Nobody knows what to pick and they stick with the old meta zzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom