• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope this drama ends soon cuz i am close to not giving a shit about pro dota outside of the international and the captains draft tournament

I mean, if you don't care about pro doto outside of TI, none of this conversation affects you outside of adding a bit of clutter to the thread.

manfestival

i hope this drama ends soon cuz i am close to not giving a shit about pro dota outside of the international and the captains draft tournament

the drama honestly is really dumb and not really a big deal unless you are heavily invested in the scene. Even then, it seems like a "meh" thing to many of those involved. As an outsider, you should just shake your head and carry on.

also EE's blog can be summarized by being butthurt about never winning

inkls

Pugna ward not being reflectable feel stupid to me, now supports with high mana cost spells need bkb or just die.

Is consistent with other ward type unit interaction now. Do you also want the damage from Witch Doctor ult, techies mines, clockwerk cogs, etc. to be reflected by blademail to the hero?

I think because he's one of the most forgettable new heroes. I don't hear anything about him, like, ever. I wonder how many people even know he's an unported hero.

I think we might even see a Dota 2 exclusive hero before we see Zet. That's how low priority I think he is.

Zet was considered op and still is. I don't see how a perfect copy of yourself that can also cast your abilities and use your items and use midas (cutting in half the amount of time needed to make midas profitable) forgettable. Not to mention the 100% aoe that you can cast twice with your ult. People already called him broken with the easy splitpushing since you can duplicate yourself (optionally buy a rapier before), send the copy to a tower/rax, cast max dodge on self so you guarantee 5 seconds of damage on that tower if they don't have an mkb.

I look at him and I see the equivalent of a ranged 12 slotted lone druid, without having to pay for 6 extra items and without the 2nd unit dealing less damage to heroes because of his damage type. The duplicate is 100% perfect, its not an illusion. If you have 100 base damage with 200 added damage so will your copy.

I'm looking forward to him as I think he'll be a legit mid/safelane/offlaner and because his release will mean more buffs for lone druid to prevent the naga vs pl situation from happening although it will be slightly different since ld will push more due to bear damage.

Going further with the Tennis example, we have an interesting situation with Twitch, as they are the monopoly holder on broadcasting for E-sports, they hold a similar position to the TV networks. Any union type thing wishing for change would do well to go to them to work out deals, putting even more pressure on tournaments. Now that Twitch own GGA, the dynamic takes an interesting turn. Would they side with their players on EG, Alliance and Tinker or would they try to shut them down.

If we want to get as nefarious as possible, there is a huge conflict of interest with twitch owning GGA here.

Tournaments could be barred from hosting streams if their teams aren't given prominent positions. GGA could have a roster of hosts which would have to be used at certain tournaments etc.

Doesn't bode well to be honest. A lot of people are making a lot of money off the backs of the players and drastic change is needed before it just collapses.

We would probably still be shouting at starladder and calling them thieves/dodgy had Matt not talked about the issue with valve not paying out. Very cloak and dagger.

Pratfall

I mean, if you don't care about pro doto outside of TI, none of this conversation affects you outside of adding a bit of clutter to the thread.

sorry, i'm not upset about us talking about it or anything, and I want to care about pro dota (watching navi in the lead up to TI last year was what got me into the game), it just frustrates me to see that the biggest problem facing pro dota is an inability to communicate on all sides.

Everyone should realize that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Tournament organizers benefit from their tournaments being attended by top tier teams in good spirits, and the players benefit from a less rigorous schedule. The sponsors and organizations are the real wild card.

sixghost

Yeah, I never understood jungle CM. My most played hero and I always do well with her supporting in a lane.

What's to understand about a super consistent, fast jungling support that can gank at level 3? There are plenty of stronger lane supports if that's what you're looking for, but I can't think of another support that can do what she does early on.
Just seems until players know how they qualify for the International, you're just going to have a repeat of this year.

Do you feel like any deserving team got snubbed in the two years?

What's to understand about a super consistent, fast jungling support that can gank at level 3? There are plenty of stronger lane supports if that's what you're looking for, but I can't think of another support that can do what she does early on.

Do you feel like any deserving team got snubbed in the two years?

No of course not.

The issue here is about attendance at lans, if players dont know how things are weighted/how they get invited, youre going to have situation where players have to attend where they can.

edit: the repeat was in regards to being overworked/too many tournaments etc.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
this is what doesn't make any sense about the complaints. the invites have been spot-on and i haven't heard anyone justifiably bitching about not getting invited.

Well if we're talking Envy personally, he said that his then-team Kaipi got kind of snubbed at TI3 so I can understand how he feels afraid of not qualifying

Chris R

Heavy teams are heavy. I experience the same thing :(

Just try your best and try to have fun, even if your team is really really bad (dat Sven and Spectre tho)

i guess i'm just bad at dota, in 1.8 k almsot every game i lose goes like this and i try my hardest, but i guess there's nothing i can do about it

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1097489825

(Windranger)

If you want to carry a bunch of scrubs, you're gonna need to buy a BKB when you play against heroes like Lion. Even a terrible player can press R and target you and no amount of damage items will help you when you're dead instantly at the start of a fight. That said probably weren't going to win this regardless.

Also just checking at the first page of history quickly, not "almost every game you lose" goes like this. Some do, some you definitely didn't do well.

Could be any day, really. Whenever they feel good about the state of bugs. And usually after any big tournaments have completed their matches for the day. They've released patches on every day of the week in the past, excluding Sunday.

Should be close.

I hope it's today. Can't wait to play as Tusk, DK, Phoenix and Yunero now.

aeolist

Banned
Well if we're talking Envy personally, he said that his then-team Kaipi got kind of snubbed at TI3 so I can understand how he feels afraid of not qualifying

as far as i remember that wasn't justifiable since they were having roster changes when the invites came out

You have been placed into the low-priority pool, as you are among the most highly reported players in the DOTA community. Please try to be more respectful of other players in the future to avoid subsequent low-priority penalties.

#freeheavyssandvich

FACE

Banned
#freeheavyssandvich

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Divvy

as far as i remember that wasn't justifiable since they were having roster changes when the invites came out

I agree, but you can understand how missing out on the qualifiers at TI like that can make someone like Envy paranoid about that kind of thing.

Divvy

Last night I tried ranked solo AP for the first time in eight months and the first game I got had a Furion that purposely fed from 0:00 36 kills to the enemy AM and Spectre. Then we had an invoker that refused to just sit in fountain for them to end. So I wasted 40 minutes to lose 25 MMR.

Fuck AP

Acinixys

#freeheavyssandvich

I honestly dont understand how shit of a human being you have to be to get into Low Priority via player reports

In over 4200 hours of me playing Dota ive been in LPQ ONCE, and it was because we had serious loadshedding and power cuts so I abandoned a few to many games

I honestly dont understand how shit of a human being you have to be to get into Low Priority via player reports

In over 4200 hours of me playing Dota ive been in LPQ ONCE, and it was because we had serious loadshedding and power cuts so I abandoned a few to many games

Well played!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why is reddit is complaining about CM being 'bad'?
Did they not read the damn change logs for 6.83 &6.82??

I think my favorite playdota post of all time was by some 1 post member that basically boiled down to: "Yall only ever give a shit about the hot ass chick supports. No one cares when lion, witch doctor, dazzle, AA, or Rhasta suck." This was back when CM was pretty damn good mind you, and people were STILL begging for more MS (this particular change has been suggested over and over again for 8+ years, kudos to icefrog for not caving).

I might have watered that down a little, excluding "virgins" and copious amounts of profanity, but you get the point. Reddit is the same. People will get on their knees and beg for lina/cm buffs with every single dota patch becuz waifu.

Gav47

Just saw the Team Secret changes, that sucks I really liked Fly, he played a great NP. Is Misery good? He's only ever played in tier 2 teams in Dota 2.

Madouu

Yes Misery is a good player.

Hmm with the new pudge hook range, pulling creeps mid consistently on dire side shouldn't be a problem anymore I think. Gotta test that.

Divvy

Speaking of Necro, how do you build him mid these days? What do you get at level 1? The nuke or heartstopper? Do you get bottle or rely on sadist? Blink first item or mek? What after that?

Madouu

how do you guys recommend I improve?

By watching better players on your favorite heroes and learn from them one thing at a time.

Why did you get put in low priority?

Toxic's Sandvich

I think my favorite playdota post of all time was by some 1 post member that basically boiled down to: "Yall only ever give a shit about the hot ass chick supports. No one cares when lion, witch doctor, dazzle, AA, or Rhasta suck." This was back when CM was pretty damn good mind you, and people were STILL begging for more MS (this particular change has been suggested over and over again for 8+ years, kudos to icefrog for not caving).

I might have watered that down a little, excluding "virgins" and copious amounts of profanity, but you get the point. Reddit is the same. People will get on their knees and beg for lina/cm buffs with every single dota patch becuz waifu.

Glacius was by far my favorite support in hon, a bearded old man for reference to those that didn't play the game, and I always thought he was pretty strong, and yet CM felt pretty weak to me in the recent patches (I don't know about this patch). You are right about some people always asking for buffs for their "waifus" but in many ways, it is the same as people asking for buffs for their favorite heroes and being sad when they get nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom