• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

wtf is wrong with USE servers... so annoying :(

Also WD has become my new favorite hero...I will spam him until I'm bored with it lol:

4ulfZBG.jpg

Fresh from my large collection of Dota reaction images

bQvOm7X.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1102907375

This shit was too funny. My 4-stack (first 4 Radiant players) was feeding the other 4-stack (first 4 on Dire) from minute one. Lion died 10 times in lane. Our Bat is like the worst Bat that ever lived and spent the entire early game trying to force ganks and feeding. Our Naix is AFK woods. Aside from my quick (useless) Mek, I was going full yolobird, swooping into fights, ulting and getting killed immediately. We were down no kills to all the kills very early. The solo queue Maiden on the other team taunts in all chat about how she loves her team...

I can't even explain how we got back into this game. PA gonna PA I guess. I just can't believe he was able to carry such a useless team. PA saying that he loved his team at the end really touched my heart.
blush.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
First win of the patch. Somehow stuck in the racist bogan trench, most of these players are either drunk, calling everyone the n word or both.

SO night stalker. Is aghs core now on him now? when to get it? or just go full AS+lifesteal+bkb?

I'd say Agh is worse than before, since you get less night time than before with the new ult not stopping time. That said it's still great but I don't think it's worth rushing, makes for a good 2nd or 3rd item depending on how fast you're farming. Urn/medallion+Armlet is solid, Eul's might still be ok even though he needs less mana now so not sure, BKB if the enemy team has a lot of CC is fairly necessary. Skadi/Abyssal for luxury endgame items(basher is good before you finish abyssal though).

Razzer

I think NS is probably really good for evading smoke ganks now (obviously referring to pros here). If you spot 5 missing just pop ult and you can't be snuck up on. It kinda works the other way too, but if I saw NS ult popped when there are heroes missing I'd run for my towers pronto. Granted, this was always something he offered but it's even more prominent now.

Luna is still a bad hero. The tiny buffs can't stop her being run at or blinked on.

Nothing Luna ever had stopped that, didn't stop her from being picked almost every game at one point. Being vulnerable doesn't make a hero bad.

That piranha plant ward looks distracting, but I'd have to see it in action.

inkls

I'd say Agh is worse than before, since you get less night time than before with the new ult not stopping time. That said it's still great but I don't think it's worth rushing, makes for a good 2nd or 3rd item depending on how fast you're farming. Urn/medallion+Armlet is solid, Eul's might still be ok even though he needs less mana now so not sure, BKB if the enemy team has a lot of CC is fairly necessary. Skadi/Abyssal for luxury endgame items(basher is good before you finish abyssal though).

Aghs works also during normal night time. And that it doesn't stop the day/night time clock is good because now you can skip most of the day. Now at level 16 you can ult 3 times during "daytime" and only have 1:30 minute of daytime in total.

Dunno why you consider it worse.

pompidu

Yea you really need to Roam with him. He's an amazing hero but you need co-ordination which fails in pubs.

I was in pubs, terrible choice.

What the deal with orchid? You can apparently cast abilities even if orchid is cast on you. What is the cast time compared to bh shadow walk?

Denzel

just a question, if im' 1. 8k mmr should i jsut try to climb the ladder or make a new account and hope i get calibrated around 3k

Aghs works also during normal night time. And that it doesn't stop the day/night time clock is good because now you can skip most of the day. Now at level 16 you can ult 3 times during "daytime" and only have 1:30 minute of daytime in total.

Yeah I think its better now too. Someone needs to do the math I guess.

just a question, if im' 1. 8k mmr should i jsut try to climb the ladder or make a new account and hope i get calibrated around 3k

Just climb man. Push through it like rocky balboa.

Right I should have mentionned I was referring to "the last time Nightstalker was popular", which was before the day duration change, when you could extend the night to 18minutes(assuming cooldown lined up and you were 16, less before that obviously but still generally around 10-12minutes which was double the duration of the normal night). The new ult is a lot better for fighting at random times and for general play, but for the aghanim upgrade which was mostly about being all powerful during nighttime, it's not as good I'd say since it forces you to use your ult randomly during day time just to keep as much night time as possible and you're still getting a lot of "spots" of daytime spread out more often than before.

Before you knew once it was daytime, you'd only use your ult IF a fight was forced, and otherwise it was afk farming for 4-6minutes(depending on the patch). However once night started, it was going to be a very very long night. Many games during the nightstalker era ended before the dawn of the 4th day ever came. You'd just expand the 3rd night so long the game would end due to the advantage your team had during nighttime and that made aghanim way interesting.

Now you're going to have daytime every 4minutes for sure, it won't last that long, but the night also doesn't last long either. You have many more occasions to plan pushes/roshan/ganks because you know Nightstalker can't maintain night time for very long. He needs to pop his ult just to deward during daytime and that's assuming he knows where you placed the wards since unlike slark he can't detect them until it's night time(and he needs a gem but that's obvious if you go agh).

I don't feel that's near enough to justify rushing an aghanim on Nightstalker. I think even during NS era it was questionnable depending on the game and with all the day/night cycle changes, I think you definitely don't want it until you're 16. You shouldn't be reaching 16 before you finished at least one item and are well on the way to the 2nd, and thus you should keep agh to 2nd or 3rd item, which was my point.

youll be where youre supposed to be with enough games played eventually

if youre actually 1.8k and somehow get to 3k on a calibration youll just lose tons until youre back to 1.8k

just focus on improving and ignore the number, before you know it youll be high if you keep at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom