• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

Man, these are cute.

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

those are great but I really love the middle golem one

Chris R

Entire team muted before 20 minutes, fml.

Techies remote mines need to be on hero assist so I can do his fucking job for him after baiting the entire team on a stack of them.

I've decided there are two issues with shadow demon:

1) his poison needs a longer range.

2) his teammates need to be less stupid.
Suggestions for slark build path? Items, I mean.

Demoli

Shadow Blade, accept no substitute

Then Skadi, BKB, butterfly, mjolnir, everything after SB and maybe skadi is very situational.

Razzer

It's kinda flexible.

The most common build among western pros is blink first. Matumbaman, known for his excellent Slark, often goes Shadowblade (Slark is one of the few remaining heroes the item is legitimately excellent on). Black^ often goes midas first, then goes into blink or Skadi. I've seen some chinese and SEA pros go drums first, tho I don't rate that as much (maybe with the new 6 charges it's legit?). S&Y is decent. There's a lot of stuff you can do.

As for later items, the vast majority of builds pick up Skadi either second or third. You're gonna get it at some point. Once you have enough attack speed to make it worth it, abyssal is excellent. I'd say pick it up after Skadi if you need lockdown. Butter and Mjolnir are both options for getting said attack speed. Against ET an AC would still be good enough. You can sorta just build it in whatever order the situation calls for, Slark's great like that.

Alright. Trying SnY/Basher since blink seems pretty risky this game.
Won it. I fed alot due to them having really effective chain cc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bitching about what?
Hats, tons of stuff in the fraud combating trade restrictions, people not happy with gift wrap, renewed bitching about the 3 month chest trade restrictions people not happy about the drop system. I get why people are upset, but it all drowns out real conversation, and a large part of it is driven by people upset it hampers their ability to profit off the system, and the comments come off as just people who want every thing for nothing or feel that they paid $10 so valve should cater to them.

reddit sucks and is populated largely by morons

its comment system makes sure the dumbest thing you can say is rewarded with being the first thing someone will read

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only when it's about to be day. It's still useful for choking vision at night.

RS4-

What drop system? I thought it was entirely removed? Haven't seen a single drop in months.

Oddly enough, a few days ago, two straight games I saw drops, one in each. Just not for me.

I've only played one game since, but I don't think they magically changed how drops work.

Big Dog

So is it better to just save Nightstalker's ult for day time now, since it doesn't stop the clock like it used to?

Yes. It is almost entirely a waste to use during night time now unless you have a need for the enemy to have a more severe range deduction with Nightmare or if you want Aghanim's vision through trees.

Yes. It is almost entirely a waste to use during night time now unless you have a need for the enemy to have a more severe range deduction with Nightmare or if you want Aghanim's vision through trees.

Aghanim is always active during night time, regardless of ult usage. It's really only to limit night vision, which is of very limited utility during night time. Might get people to escape at low health during teamfights or what not though, so might as well use it when you're fighting.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think it's worth it to pop during a team fight, especially if you are fighting around a spot with already poor vision. Likely pretty good for taking high ground

Anno

I'd like to see some kind of additional effect to his Agh's that makes decent NS illusions spawn against a random enemy and run at them every few seconds. Would be some nice flavor that plays on what the ult is really representing.

Chris R

I'd like to see some kind of additional effect to his Agh's that makes decent NS illusions spawn against a random enemy and run at them every few seconds. Would be some nice flavor that plays on what the ult is really representing.

The suggestion to remove shared hero vision would be cool too (way overpowered but cool)

Another cool if not way OP idea for nighstalker: what if he could temporarily turn an enemy's vision range to zero? If NS jumps on a lone enemy, that hero would have to sprint through the impenetrable darkness for allies/towers/wards, with nightstalker on his heels, so he is covered by shared vision and can defend himself. Should be a fittingly terrifying ability for him.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Another cool if not way OP idea for nighstalker: what if he could temporarily turn an enemy's vision range to zero? If NS jumps on a lone enemy, that hero would have to sprint through the impenetrable darkness for allies/towers/wards, with nightstalker on his heels, so he is covered by shared vision and can defend himself. Should be a fittingly terrifying ability for him.

No. Hero's ultimate is already completely gross.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where I carry a team with bane. His ult is so damn good. With a bkb to stop any stuns and ags to prevent any attacks from messing up my channel.

Madouu

On the subject of vision, This was a pretty cool effect in hon for a particular ability.

Applies Darkness to targets in radius for 4/5/6 seconds.
Darkness Effects 5/10/15% Movement Slow Shrinks vision radius to 500/450/400. Unlinks shared vision with allies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
S4 should just reboot HoN to its state during the beta, then give a cleaner art style and start rebuilding the game by stealing ideas from other Mobas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom