• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

If Artanisix still refuses to post concrete details for IHL2 including rules and a starting date (and it must begin in January, obviously it's the holiday season now) by 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time, Sunday, December 21st 2014 AD his GAF account will bear the consequences of this transgression.

I haven't forgotten.

That feel when you have a huge comeback. Ugh it's such an addicting feeling. Was losing with centaur, was working toward HoT, instead bought blade mail first because PA was melting me. Not anymore! Gave us a great momentum.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
play with tiny bot on your team -> will never get aghs
play against warlock bot -> will get aghs refresher

i swear valve are trolling with the bot ai

Acinixys

What's the best way to play Necro? I've had some success mid doing a treads/wand/mek/heart build, but have also won some games with phase/wand/dagon/blink. At the same time, I see a lot of the highest rated Necro players on dotabuff build bloodstone and euls.

Treads - Mek - Blink is core

After that its up to you

Aghs + Refresher (if youre a massive asshole), Heart, Shivas, Orchid and Sheep are all excellent

Dagon is something I really disagree with. Sure its nice to do Dagon 5 - Ult and secure a kill but then what? You have no HP or moblility to do anything else

But if you have a Mek and some tankabilty, you can spam death pulse at least 4+ times in a fight and win through sheer HP sustain for your team

Nymerio

oh wow

3E6ya7h.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
2-0 in ranked so far. Everyone has been very pleasant so far outside of the enemy team fussing in all chat about their DK buying Radiance.

Not gonna lie I feel like I've done absolutely nothing in both games. Random dice roll and I somehow got the team with the carries that know what they're doing.

I'm sure it gets asked frequently, but are there any good videos (or sites with lots of pictures/examples) for efficient micro? I'm not really into meepo (yet) but I like Manta Style and I usually don't deal with the various potential benefits of Helm because creep micro makes me break out in hives.

I really like this vid re: Naga and SC2-esque "cloning" and I understand the concept, but I have autoattack off so getting them to the camps and shift-queueing attack-moves for each one is a damn pain.

I know all about unified unit orders and I have hotkeys for all units and all non-hero units, but tabbing is frustrating since it doesn't deselect other units and setting up control groups might be an issue because I use number keys for items (because fuck trying to twitch-press "z" to use an item).

I've gone in a lobby and can get basic stuff down but the clicking and camera control is still annoying as all hell and I'm usually quicker at getting this stuff with real RTSs.

slark is like weaver, if you dont have the tools to deal with him, yall are fucked

Thing is, both of those heroes are dealt with by a huge amount of heroes. Weaver is destroyed by (relatively) long duration lockdown, and Slark by heavy AoE -- two things that are very widely distributed. Additionally, both of them have heroes that are just awful to play into like Void for Weaver or Bloodseeker for Slark.

Honestly I think both heroes are very well balanced.

Pratfall

Thing is, both of those heroes are dealt with by a huge amount of heroes. Weaver is destroyed by (relatively) long duration lockdown, and Slark by heavy AoE -- two things that are very widely distributed. Additionally, both of them have heroes that are just awful to play into like Void for Weaver or Bloodseeker for Slark.

Honestly I think both heroes are very well balanced.

I think weaver is fine, just one of those heroes that you need to pick around so you don't end up in a pub with a no stun lineup and just know how the game is going to go.

Slark still seems very very strong though. AOE lockdown is actually pretty limited and if the slark is smart he will just go SB or blink and pick his engagements carefully.

I think weaver is fine, just one of those heroes that you need to pick around so you don't end up in a pub with a no stun lineup and just know how the game is going to go.

Slark still seems very very strong though. AOE lockdown is actually pretty limited and if the slark is smart he will just go SB or blink and pick his engagements carefully.

Well BS is coming into CM now, so I think nerfs should be held off. I agree he's on the strong side, though. I'll admit that. I think part of his strength is just that he has a very high margin for error. On the surface he seems really high skill requirement, but with blink or BKB you can never land a leap and still do a ton of damage and avoid dying.

I think he could use a nerf to his ult active of some kind. Not sure what.
As Illidan runs through secret lol...

Concerning how Kuroky consistently has trouble keeping up in farm in a lot of games, I don't see top carries have this problem. You can't just rely on a farmed Razor to carry you.

sixghost

I'm sure it gets asked frequently, but are there any good videos (or sites with lots of pictures/examples) for efficient micro? I'm not really into meepo (yet) but I like Manta Style and I usually don't deal with the various potential benefits of Helm because creep micro makes me break out in hives.

I really like this vid re: Naga and SC2-esque "cloning" and I understand the concept, but I have autoattack off so getting them to the camps and shift-queueing attack-moves for each one is a damn pain.

I know all about unified unit orders and I have hotkeys for all units and all non-hero units, but tabbing is frustrating since it doesn't deselect other units and setting up control groups might be an issue because I use number keys for items (because fuck trying to twitch-press "z" to use an item).

I've gone in a lobby and can get basic stuff down but the clicking and camera control is still annoying as all hell and I'm usually quicker at getting this stuff with real RTSs.
When you're cloning, an easy trick is to send them all to the camp, then when they are all in position issue an attack-move command to all units anywhere on the map. They should all begin to attack the camp they are standing in if they were close enough. The other option is to just get in the habit of a-moving as you are cloning instead of right clicking. You'd be doing a-click, deselect one illusion, a-click the next place, deselect one illusion, etc. The only other trick I can think of is using the selection box. It's not as accurate, but people used to do this to split up their marines vs banelings in SC2.

For Meepo, you need to get used to hotkeys. The easiest way to practice this is to make a lobby for yourself, get 5 meepos and break them into 3 control groups. The main meepo is on one, then break the other four are in two groups of two. Practice moving around the map with your main meepo while farming the entire jungle with the other two groups. Playing micro heroes is less about being quick on the mouse and more about learning these little shortcuts to make your life easier. For instance, when I've got the two groups of farming meepos in the jungle, you can send them to two different camps, then tell each group to attack move a second camp. That way they will just move to the next camp themselves whenever they kill the first camp.

I think Lycan and Terrorblade are really good beginner micro heroes to practice. Terrorblade creates illusions much more slowly than Naga and with Lycan you only need to micro the two wolves as a group. If that's still too overwhelming, playing heroes like Luna, Drow, DK, or Gyro that can build a helm and stack ancients is a good way to get in the habit of using a second unit regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom