• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to search for the bloody face Earth Spirit image but i can't find it anywhere. I did a google image search and i can't find it anywhere. I even looked on the DOTA 2 Steam hub.
:(

Radec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4CdOxHvcTE

Stolen from reddit, listen to this stream @ 0.5 speed.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

When you're cloning, an easy trick is to send them all to the camp, then when they are all in position issue an attack-move command to all units anywhere on the map. They should all begin to attack the camp they are standing in if they were close enough. The other option is to just get in the habit of a-moving as you are cloning instead of right clicking. You'd be doing a-click, deselect one illusion, a-click the next place, deselect one illusion, etc. The only other trick I can think of is using the selection box. It's not as accurate, but people used to do this to split up their marines vs banelings in SC2.

For Meepo, you need to get used to hotkeys. The easiest way to practice this is to make a lobby for yourself, get 5 meepos and break them into 3 control groups. The main meepo is on one, then break the other four are in two groups of two. Practice moving around the map with your main meepo while farming the entire jungle with the other two groups. Playing micro heroes is less about being quick on the mouse and more about learning these little shortcuts to make your life easier. For instance, when I've got the two groups of farming meepos in the jungle, you can send them to two different camps, then tell each group to attack move a second camp. That way they will just move to the next camp themselves whenever they kill the first camp.

I think Lycan and Terrorblade are really good beginner micro heroes to practice. Terrorblade creates illusions much more slowly than Naga and with Lycan you only need to micro the two wolves as a group. If that's still too overwhelming, playing heroes like Luna, Drow, DK, or Gyro that can build a helm and stack ancients is a good way to get in the habit of using a second unit regularly.
thanks <3

a-clicking gets tricky when I'm spec/naga with radiance and draw aggro from a distance, but that's the price to pay for quick farm, I guess

it's easy enough to just send illusions down a lane, which almost always gives a farm advantage anyway in my tier (and helps push which nobody does, ever, for some reason) but every time I see the clock tick over to a new minute and there are unfarmed neutral camps I curse every god I can think of at that moment

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah. it was super entertaining to watch him leaping about.

vs. playing against some cancerous awful hero like terrorblade slark is sheer joy

slark imo is the the absolute worst hero to play against as a support

ive been abusing him in pubs since 6.79, absolutely disgusting hero in pubs. he's been balanced in competitive by some hard counters like void and BS... but well, when the void counter is removed and the BS counter is softened A LOT, then yeah, hero is going be broken in competitive as well.

we'll see how this patch plays out in the coming months though

xanavi

What if they changed slark's leash so that you could force staff out of it but the further away you got the slower you moved?

Acinixys

This game makes me really sad

Farm hard, team feeds relentlessly, manage to repel pushes for 30 minutes, get enemies Rapier and start pushing back, hold for ages thanks to X + blink combo on Kunkka

Their team fight is retarded vs ours so I lose the Rapier and they get all 3 rax and win the game

Bristleback - "gg wp Kunkka you fucking suck lost us this game"

FACE

Banned
Sure when you go Midas > Force.

I actually think she's finally a decent hero now, if you use her as a secondary carry. Getting support items on her is ass.

I mean in this game, killing ppl is hard.

The amount of stuff secret has to use to kill off one hero is kinda absurd.

Playing Bounty Hunter
Highest GPM, second highest Hero dmg, Win game because everybody has shitloads of gold thanks to track.

Get reported 2 times because enemy team had sentrys everywhere and I got caugh off guard 2 times.

You just have to love some people.

manfestival

Playing Bounty Hunter
Highest GPM, second highest Hero dmg, Win game because everybody has shitloads of gold thanks to track.

Get reported 2 times because enemy team had sentrys everywhere and I got caugh off guard 2 times.

You just have to love some people.

BH rapira is something im seeing in a few games now on top of slahser doing it himself because of that track gold

&#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920; NOW WE RIOT &#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920;

&#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920; NOW WE RIOT &#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920;&#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920; NOW WE RIOT &#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920;

Seriously, fuck this. Amazing fight turned into Slideshow.

&#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920; NOW WE RIOT &#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920;&#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920; NOW WE RIOT &#2919;&#3900;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#3901;&#2920;

Seriously, fuck this. Amazing fight turned into Slideshow.

We just missed an insane comeback. why didn't they bb immediately!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom