• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

What is with the trend of pubs not knowing how to finish games? Literally had nothing, but games where my team would absolutely dominate, but refused to push into throne. Enemy team would then catch up and be at our throne and not finish either until my team hit their heads against the wall hard enough and pushed through.
Not a trend. The average publord has always been terrible at assessing situations and taking objectives. Dota is an incredibly complex game and fully grasping the state of a match is impossible while playing, so people tend to make plans and stick to them too blindly, not bothering to actively adapt to changing conditions. Factors like a lack of communication and self-centered playstyles play into this as well.

This happens at any skill level to some degree, it can be frustrating but there's really not much you can do regarding randoms.

Apparently ravage is to be used to save the moron ally (when its 2v4 and our other team mates are nowhere near) in your team even if they are 100% dead anyway and must be off cooldown at all times or else you will hurt their cyka feelings.

This is why I mute everyone who doesn't immediately strike me as being reasonable.

This is why I mute everyone who doesn't immediately strike me as being reasonable.

this is the only answer.

My friends laugh how quick I am to mute someone but after awhile you can tell real quick whos going to mess you up.

Ill also mute the whole team as well before the flame even starts if i know im doing badly and the flames about to start, then unmute them at end

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2qqmz5/results_of_the_rdota2_best_of_2014_awards/

crazy.gif
I think Dota 2 is dead guys.

Best match this year is an ARDM All-Stars match, not an actual game of real competitive Dota match.

Best tournament is an online captains draft tournament beating out every LAN event ran this year.

Don't get me wrong I loved the XMG tournament but that must make other organisers question what they are doing when they could simply run an online tournament with a large bundle of hats and avoid all the costs of running a LAN event, paying for team's food, travel and accommodation etc.

Also the content creator one made me chuckle, a guy who uploads other people's content before they get a chance to.

Low Tier
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2qqmz5/results_of_the_rdota2_best_of_2014_awards/

crazy.gif

Best match this year is an ARDM All-Stars match, not an actual game of real competitive Dota match.

Best tournament is an online captains draft tournament beating out every LAN event ran this year.

Don't get me wrong I loved the XMG tournament but that must make other organisers question what they are doing when they could simply run an online tournament with a large bundle of hats and avoid all the costs of running a LAN event, paying for team's food, travel and accommodation etc.

Also the content creator one made me chuckle, a guy who uploads other people's content before they get a chance to.

????

R E D D I T B O Y S

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

crazy.gif

You have to realize people have like a 2 month collective memory, so the best thing to happen recently will almost always win "Best of Year" awards.

crazy.gif

It's Reddit

IMO that C9 v [A] game was the best of the year, though LGD v DK and [A] v EG were also amazing. I'm surprised the all-star match even got a lot of votes but eh what can you do, people are more interested in dumb shit than actual intense Dota games.

crazy.gif

To be fair,

Many (most?) of the best matches of 2014 happened after 6.82 dropped. Game was nowhere near as fun back then.

Also, nobody in the West gave a shit about the Chinese teams that would go on to dominate TI4 so TI4 has largely been forgotten. I couldn't even tell you how the Grand Finals unfolded. It's all a bad memory. With respect to Chinese GAFers.

6.82 has made for some epic matches and comebacks. Tourney organizers who's events came before September shouldn't take that personally.

Playing in a five, we're playing very high skill matches, whatever that actually means.

Supports in our five are so scared of upgrading courier/buying wards it's not even funny. Dogplop all over the shop.

Razzer

I don't rage, but goddamn does playing with my IRL mates get me close to it. It's not that they annoy me, but their skill level means our teammates are just awful, and unlike my mates won't listen to advice. /vent

bounchfx

Carpal Tunnel ain't a joke. Same goes for high blood pressure :(

90% sure I'm getting it really strongly now. I'm scared as fuck. I want to go to a doctor as soon as the new year is over. It's honestly hard to sleep now because of the pain going down my arm from my elbow to my wrist. And I still have a shitload of work to do over the next couple months.. :(

doing my best to do hand stretches but I should be doing better. ugh. :( Might need to take a few months off after this...

:O

90% sure I'm getting it really strongly now. I'm scared as fuck. I want to go to a doctor as soon as the new year is over. It's honestly hard to sleep now because of the pain going down my arm from my elbow to my wrist. And I still have a shitload of work to do over the next couple months.. :(

doing my best to do hand stretches but I should be doing better. ugh. :( Might need to take a few months off after this...

bounch noooooo

Big Dog

Thank you CyborgMatt for keeping Theeban and party in check. They must not run away to that Heroes of the Storm bloatware game!!! Dans Game (no space)

have you switched to a ergo keyboard? You really need to watch your posture.

bounchfx

have you switched to a ergo keyboard? You really need to watch your posture.

I have not. I'm using a sideways mouse now though which can kinda help? I guess. I try to use my cintiq as much as possible but I've had the screen so high for so long that it's caused it's own issues... i'm actually going to buy a standard wacom tablet tonight so I can rest it on my lap and use it there so my arm isnt lifted and my hand isnt using a mouse. Fucking mice. I'm not sure how much the keyboard is contributing to my problem since it only seems to be localized in my right hand.. definitely worth investigating though. shit sucks major. I have plenty of motivation to work and do stuff, but I'm held back because I don't want to destroy my arm. It's strange.

Pratfall

lol, this server situation is a joke. if there is truly no solution for these sorts of failures and they only increase in frequency dota in the us is pretty fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom