• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Geeze. This Huskar and his Meepo friend (both in the same party) started complaining that I was trying to carry with a Necro (or at least after I got a Heart) then complained non-stop after we lost. bah

Not a trend. The average publord has always been terrible at assessing situations and taking objectives. Dota is an incredibly complex game and fully grasping the state of a match is impossible while playing, so people tend to make plans and stick to them too blindly, not bothering to actively adapt to changing conditions. Factors like a lack of communication and self-centered playstyles play into this as well.

This happens at any skill level to some degree, it can be frustrating but there's really not much you can do regarding randoms.

Yeah this one of the hardest lessons to learn in Dota.

I used to follow guides rigidly too, when probably changing it a little to fit the situation would have helped.

Bogeypop

Not a trend. The average publord has always been terrible at assessing situations and taking objectives. Dota is an incredibly complex game and fully grasping the state of a match is impossible while playing, so people tend to make plans and stick to them too blindly, not bothering to actively adapt to changing conditions. Factors like a lack of communication and self-centered playstyles play into this as well.

This happens at any skill level to some degree, it can be frustrating but there's really not much you can do regarding randoms.

Should have said "a trend in regards to my current games". But yeah I think as someone said earlier it's just people wanting to farm extra goodies, and extending that sense of dominance over the enemy team which can backfire if they know what they're doing. I'd just forgotten about that feeling since now a days I'm eager to get a new game going win or lose than basically gloating how my team has a commanding lead by farming items I don't need at that point. It's just frustrating when I can see what both my team, and the enemy team are doing wrong, and I verbalize it and they don't do anything more often than not. Heck I remember a Leshrac game I had yesterday. We had a Invoker, SS, and Enigma on our team, and the enemy TA was complaining how we had too much stuns and she couldn't do anything. I pointed out she was doing what most pubs do and skipping BKB which would be vital in this situation. She finally bought one, and I guess she gave us a harder time, but I think our real problem was our LS wasn't cooperating with our Enigma and trying to do some Naix Bomb + Black Hole combo, and just yelling at him whenever he didn't land a proper Black Hole when we didn't have vision. He was basically blindly Blinking in and taking a guess. Also everyone was just afraid of their Techies mines after some mishaps in the river even after buying detection and not really pushing once we got all their T2s down.

Big Dog

I will eat a shoe if you can make front page of /r/dota2

You can use any means necessary.

Getting to the front page is so much easier than you think. I have made two threads and both of them have gone straight to the front page. Might want to eat something more like food instead...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how long until Jugg is treated with the same disdain 6.81 Tinker and Void got. He truly is great, and I feel one of the best aspects about him is he is sort of untethered from core items. Jugg can build what ever the game calls for and it won't slow him down, where most heroes are sort of pegged into one or two core builds or they aren't effective.

10/10 will pick hero again:
juggernaught.jpg

Acinixys

I wonder how long until Jugg is treated with the same disdain 6.81 Tinker and Void got. He truly is great, and I feel one of the best aspects about him is he is sort of untethered from core items. Jugg can build what ever the game calls for and it won't slow him down, where most heroes are sort of pegged into one or two core builds or they aren't effective.

juggernaught.jpg

I have to ask why you would neglect getting Aghs on him?

He has one of the best Aghs in the game, and skipping it seems silly to me

juggernaught.jpg

Give it a month or so. Such a pubstomper at the moment.

juggernaught.jpg

vRbRP00.jpg

One game and I'm a believer.

#JuggisthenewPa

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
C'mon you guys, please stop with the Jugg hypetrain. He's literally the only hero I love that has gotten nothing but buffs since I started playing Dota. Every one of my other most played heroes has been shit on patch after patch. Jugg is all I have left in the world.
SLx19c3.gif

G.ZZZ

Jugg still sucks because people pick it and afk farmerino 30 mins then come and die like noobs against literally every half decent hard carry, flame the team "noobs" and then afk rage leave.

I just went 1-13 Axe offlane...

then I recovered into 17-14 Axe in the span of 15 minutes. Best hero ist best hero.

Edit: Godz and Winter are probably the best Caster-Duo around atm. They keep the stupid talk to a minimum and have pretty good understanding of what is going on. Also you can listen to them talk without getting a headache.
And of course Xyclopz for the fun.

Had the worst match in a long time. I had a riki teammate who did not want to help because I kept getting kills. He's mad that im carrying the game with Necrophos. He said he is the only carry in the team. This fucking game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just link to a cyborgmatt post and get instant top page.

Randdalf

So I was researching into some advanced Techies play, and was watching a replay of the 3rd ranked Techies in the world. Now, either this replay is buggy, or he's abusing some sort of glitch to place mines globally: he sits in the fountain, looks at mid lane and places a mine on the high ground.

Look at around 7:30 in the replay of this game, from the Techies' perspective http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1126803863

Seems pretty dodgy to me.

ez reddit front page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom