• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pros dont build pipe enough. build pipe, beat zeus.

Nope. Pipe simply delays the inevitable. I've seen plenty of pipes. You either:

a.) Drop ult and 1 nuke before the pipe is activated (it's not like anyone can activate a pipe on reaction), then wait for pipe duration to end before dropping more, tossing out a few Q's if needed to chip away at the pipe's shielding.

b.) Just back up a bit and wait for pipe duration to end.

If the team is solely relying on you to deal all the damage, you've already lost anyway. If your team has no initiator, you've already lost, as neither should be expected of Zeus. If a Zeus let a pipe shut him down, he didn't know how to play Zeus. See if a pipe will beat me, bro.

I just got finished watching a few of my very old games from when I first started playing. I am embarrassed that I was ever that bad. One of the games was me playing Alchemist. I bought all the recommended starting items then put Radiance in my quickbuy... and didn't buy another item for the entire game. 45 minutes and I had a Stout Shield and three Iron Branches.

Wok

I want to build Blink Dagger on Void. I just need an ennemy team with lots of blink daggers to make it look legitimate.

I just got finished watching a few of my very old games from when I first started playing. I am embarrassed that I was ever that bad. One of the games was me playing Alchemist. I bought all the recommended starting items then put Radiance in my quickbuy... and didn't buy another item for the entire game. 45 minutes and I had a Stout Shield and three Iron Branches.
Started from the bottom now were here.

I remember me only buying the item recipe.

I've realized I'm pretty good (atleast in my skill bracket) at being a mid or a carry for the first half of the game, but if a team is depending on me to make good decisions in the late game I'm almost definitely going to let them down.

Last 2 games I always got a pretty good start even though my team was feeding vigorously the whole time, but I was also almost solely responsible for losing us the game by bad decisions at the end.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've realized I'm pretty good (atleast in my skill bracket) at being a mid or a carry for the first half of the game, but if a team is depending on me to make good decisions in the late game I'm almost definitely going to let them down.

Last 2 games I always got a pretty good start even though my team was feeding vigorously the whole time, but I was also almost solely responsible for losing us the game by bad decisions at the end.

If you really want to, you can meta game this in your favor. Assuming all players in a game you are in are at a similar skill level, they must all have their own strengths and weaknesses that average out. The biggest one that sticks out is if someone is really bad at itemization, they likely have good mechanics to make up for it.

Please don't start bad trends.
Ke8PJKb.jpg

It's official.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1123863703

Support Zeus + Soul Ring is *the* anti-Techies pick. Techies didn't end with only 8k damage in 40 minutes because of poorly placed mines. It was because Zeus made it his job to be the team's bomb diffusing expert.

Yup. I once picked Techies for the hero challenge and an enemy Zeus dewarded all my mines. The only ones I was able to defuse successfully are on the Roshan pit, on the bunch of trees just beside the dire tier 1 mid tower and a couple of pickoffs on enemies that are not Zeus. Techies will just waste his time and experience planting mines against Zeus.

Kambing

God damnit!

I just noticed that keys are no longer available for purchase... what happened to my dota 2 economy =(. Was going to trade some things and buy keys to finally get a Murrissey courier. Paying with cash seems super sketch on dota2lounge -_-

Can't believe i just noticed this... have logged quite a bit of hours since the supposed update in August of this year took the keys out lol

God damnit!

I just noticed that keys are no longer available for purchase... what happened to my dota 2 economy =(. Was going to trade some things and buy keys to finally get a Murrissey courier. Paying with cash seems super sketch on dota2lounge -_-

Can't believe i just noticed this... have logged quite a bit of hours since the supposed update in August of this year took the keys out lol

Impressive...

Radec

So... which tier 1 or 2 teams will be hurting the most on this rumored upcoming shuffle?

Na'vi doesn't count since their tier 3 now. And any roster change they will have will might be for the better for them. lol

Cassius

The pub mentality of not picking up BKB on carries makes me want to slam my head into a wall. Had a Slark that could justify Shadow Blade and Blink but no magic immunity in sight.

win lanes->people ragequit on enemy team
win lanes-> people ragequit on enemy team before laning phase is over
random a mid-> 2 others pick mids at the last second + 2 carries, 55 minute painful loss
random qwop -> 5 silences/counterpicks on enemy team right away, another 60 minute game where I can't do much (never given any room to farm a bkb either)
win lanes-> people ragequit on enemy team before laning phase is over
random viper-> get sent to offlane by 'mid' calling techies who then stalls a loss (aba feeding a kill a minute for some reason, literally running into them over and over) for 68 minutes in base...

I need to stop queuing all pick and just queue captains mode

So... which tier 1 or 2 teams will be hurting the most on this rumored upcoming shuffle?

Na'vi doesn't count since their tier 3 now. And any roster change they will have will might be for the better for them. lol

EG probably. I think all other teams will be better. Not sure about Secret.

Pratfall

Nope. Pipe simply delays the inevitable. I've seen plenty of pipes. You either:

a.) Drop ult and 1 nuke before the pipe is activated (it's not like anyone can activate a pipe on reaction), then wait for pipe duration to end before dropping more, tossing out a few Q's if needed to chip away at the pipe's shielding.

b.) Just back up a bit and wait for pipe duration to end.

If the team is solely relying on you to deal all the damage, you've already lost anyway. If your team has no initiator, you've already lost, as neither should be expected of Zeus. If a Zeus let a pipe shut him down, he didn't know how to play Zeus. See if a pipe will beat me, bro.

im just playin, i know pipe isnt an autowin and I think zeus is very strong at the moment, 55% winrate in pubs dont lie.

but you can use the pipe to effectively bully a team that has a zeus. Group up to push a tower, activate pipe as you kill the tower and then back off when the shield ends. 12 seconds is plenty of time to kill a tower and it is much more difficult for the zeus to do his patented "get everyone to 50% before starting a team fight thing." pipe is less of a teamfight item against zeus (because it is so hard to anticipate his ult) and more of an objective securing device.

"Luna's ranged, she can solo off lane"

fucking don't know why I bother with Australian servers

I love Luna solo off-lane.

Then again I love to solo offlane with anyone. Juking and figuring out how to survive it is the best.

Depends on what you need done. Storm and QoP are chosen for their initiation and pickoff ability. Necro is chosen for his ability to buy an aghs and kill a critical hero later without buyback and keep pushes moving forward with mass heal bombs. Zeus is chosen when you want to get an entire team down to 50% hp before the fight even starts and bkb's are activated, insta-cancelling blink initiators, free map checking, free dewarding and one of the stongest early and midgame damage kits in Dota. It's about what you need. There is no single solution for any position. Nobody bursts like Zeus in the first 25 minutes of a game.

Also, he needs minimal farm to get his items. He farms heroes.

And pros seem to have figured out that he can do all of that, as he's been murdering some of the best players in Dota2 lately.

Yesss! Zeus eats supports for breakfast. Lightning bolt at level 4 early game does serious damage, not to mention free true sight and a mini stun if they are channeling or tp-ing. Quick cooldown too.

Seriously, try him out in an aggressive position. You'll be surprised how stupid good he can be early and mid game.

ZeroX03

Banned
I love Luna solo off-lane.

Then again I love to solo offlane with anyone. Juking and figuring out how to survive it is the best.

I ended up laning with a Centaur who took all the farm and died three times, which was worse. At least if I had solo I would've had exp. They got a 19 minute rax.

I like to solo off-lane with ranged heroes who want levels over money. With Shadow Shaman it's just sit there until you get level 6 and kill or take the tower.

I ended up laning with a Centaur who took all the farm and died three times, which was worse. At least if I had solo I would've had exp. They got a 19 minute rax.

I like to solo off-lane with ranged heroes who want levels over money. With Shadow Shaman it's just sit there until you get level 6 and kill or take the tower.

Wait, you weren't Luna?

NewGame

Banned
Kotl is soo good with aghs now I almost exclusively go

Treads > Aghs > Blink

Chase and leak people all day. The tears.so many tears.

He is also the fastest jungle hero until muds spawn.

manfestival

there is a special warm feeling that overcomes me when I random sven. I freaking love playing him.

Also last night I had one of my best games as support. I picked rubick cause the enemy team had some nice abilities and I figured my team was going to refuse to pick support(which I was right). I ended up playing like a freaking BOSS. Always had wards to place, bought tps for my carry's, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom