• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

can't kill era guys, ez game 1.

merloobi doesn't know you can drag and drop items to sell them

I just want to be able to press a hotkey to sell :( (hon was ctrl+shift+rightclick)

Maybe kelly convinced him in Singapore. They need a solid mid bad.

TT is going nowhere
Stop playing with my heart shira

This is going to end up like every offseason for the bulls. Maybe we get Wade? Maybe we get Carmelo? Nope we got nothing.

They could end up getting EGM back too if TT is completely imploding <3
And alliance is?

Alliance has 3/5th of the team that won TI3, Tinker has zero potential.

G-Unit

Stop playing with my heart shira

This is going to end up like every offseason for the bulls. Maybe we get Wade? Maybe we get Carmelo? Nope we got nothing.

They could end up getting EGM back too if TT is completely imploding <3

Alliance has 3/5th of the team that won TI3, Tinker has zero potential.

hellooooooooooooo bulls buddy. It's been a while since I spotted a wild chicago fan

well, first support Zeus in my life.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1133971737

Felt pretty okay. Still not sure what to max first to create the most space for carry. I ended up mostly going with a build I'd do from mid, except I picked up a soul ring which I never do but had to to keep spamming arc lightning. Hardest part was getting enough money to buy soul ring AND mana boots while buying couriers and wards and shit.

I don't like feeling chronically out of mana and I basically was for the first ~20 minutes. When I'm mid Zeus I usually have mana boots up and a bottle so quickly I mostly miss the phase.

I thought about getting a bottle but that would have delayed boots even more. idk. any advise?

game 2 starting

EG: sumail - aui - ppd - universe - fear

secret: rtz - zai - kky - puppey - s4

c9: bone7 - ee - pieliedie - fata - (probably misery)

RIP na'vi?

If Sumail is the real deal, Secret and EG will be equals seemingly, and the best in the West by far. Nearly the best players in the West at each position for both of those rosters.

xanavi

I thought about getting a bottle but that would have delayed boots even more. idk. any advise?

I wouldn't go for mana boots on a support zeus unless your team is intensely mana hungry. You only get 100 mana every 55 seconds with it and the movement speed bonus over brown boots is negligible.

I think if you're doing the support zeus thing you want to get some of the staples like tranqs, soul ring, bottle, magic stick, urn into force/euls if things are going well.

You go bottle if you can get yourself runes without stepping on your teammate's toes and if not you go for the soul ring. And I find an urn is often a better investment than the energy booster for arc boots in this patch.

However, if you're still finding yourself constantly poor on mana I think the magic stick is the item you're missing.

there is a shit storm of lag on USWest right now

was awful on USE too.

I wouldn't go for mana boots on a support zeus unless your team is intensely mana hungry. You only get 100 mana every 55 seconds with it and the movement speed bonus over brown boots is negligible.

I think if you're doing the support zeus thing you want to get some of the staples like tranqs, soul ring, bottle, magic stick, urn into force/euls if things are going well.

You go bottle if you can get yourself runes without stepping on your teammate's toes and if not you go for the soul ring. And an urn is often a better investment than the energy booster for arc boots in this patch.

However, if you're still finding yourself constantly poor on mana I think the magic stick is the item you're missing.

good points. I thought about hp boots but kept looking at my mana bar thinking, "shit I need mana boots".

I'll try starting items --> soul ring / bottle --> tranqs next time.

getting soul ring AND bottle is too much money when wards and such need to be bought. or, it feels like it would be. but now that I think about it, I did zero stacking or pulling all laning phase. I probably could have gotten more money up but I was too busy thinking about making space for TB (which I was very much able to do).

Madouu

This game has been great to watch. Sylar and MMY have been playing great throughout it.

LGD outdraft...

NIP needed something more for morph.
Agree with casters than Puck was a garbage pick.

His game would have been far better if he got that kill on lion, a shame about that but I really like how he is always looking to make stuff happen and not just hang back & play passive. The game became really hard for NiP when they failed that first push high ground when panda couldn't split and era got picked off and wasted bkb.

Sylar though, what a player, Ethereal blade to save Lion I think when most players would've gone for the aggressive shotgun nuke was superb.

yea nothing Drow can do by herself once a morph gets that big. BKB *and* Manta means Gust is irrelevant so she can no longer create her own space. needed better peel or at least something to put a scare into morph. something that goes through BKB like Axe. Maybe a Lina rushing Ags. idk.

maybe even Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger.

Their plan was to gain enough of a lead before Sylar got big, a mid game win. If they draft differently then their pushing window probably gets postponed by 5 or 10 minutes and with a drow pick + them being very inexperienced compared to their opponents, I don't know if it is necessarily the right choice to draft for late. I think the game was winnable if they didn't fail that push top so hard.

I also have a preference for drafting with a strat in mind from the start and committing to it from the beginning. Then you have 2 or 3 heroes that can be swapped out if you need to counter specific things but the idea behind the strat should remain the same. Trying to focus too much on countering a specific hero during the draft often results in some incoherent drafts.

yea nothing Drow can do by herself once a morph gets that big. BKB *and* Manta means Gust is irrelevant so she can no longer create her own space. needed better peel or at least something to put a scare into morph. something that goes through BKB like Axe. Maybe a Lina rushing Ags. idk.

Alternatively, some way to just instagib morph. Outside of drow/visage they were pretty lacking in damage. Brew only does so much. Especially against a morph with a bristle spamming goo.

The ET suggestion made a lot of sense.

Madouu

I wonder why jonassomfan isn't treads swapping much, maybe he is still not used to the different stats order in this game.

Alternatively, some way to just instagib morph. Outside of drow/visage they were pretty lacking in damage. Brew only does so much. Especially against a morph with a bristle spamming goo.

The ET suggestion made a lot of sense.

Ehhhh....but ET doesn't offer instagib. he just amplifies damage which is very nice but if the damage dealer is being 2-shot by blink Lion, ET isn't of much value. No, with a BKB and manta, instagibbing Morph is very hard to do outside of my aghs Lina idea. What they really needed was a way to peel BKB morph off of Drow so she could reposition and continue fighting. Ergo, my Axe thought. Call goes through BKB. Maybe even an LC.

They didn't necessarily need more damage dealers so much as time for the damage dealers to do their job. How often did they straight up ignore the rest of the team to dive Drow? Most of the time, it felt like. And the team was largely helpless to stop it. Imagine what 3-5 seconds worth of CC from an Axe call or LC ult would have meant to that Drow.

Their plan was to gain enough of a lead before Sylar got big, a mid game win. If they draft differently then their pushing window probably gets postponed by 5 or 10 minutes and with a drow pick + them being very inexperienced compared to their opponents, I don't know if it is necessarily the right choice to draft for late. I think the game was winnable if they didn't fail that push top so hard.

I also have a preference for drafting with a strat in mind from the start and committing to it from the beginning. Then you have 2 or 3 heroes that can be swapped out if you need to counter specific things but the idea behind the strat should remain the same. Trying to focus too much on countering a specific hero during the draft often results in some incoherent drafts.
None of my suggestions (Axe, Lina, LC) would require the game to go any later than they wanted it to go.

Madouu

Game 3 starting. Sylar Naga and a broodmother pick from NiP.

None of my suggestions (Axe, Lina, LC) would require the game to go any later than they wanted it to go.

You'd need to remove venge or visage if you want to go for lina and they're a big part of the strat. Axe or LC offlane might work since they would force the skywrath to be top a lot more often but they would get kited quite a bit by LGD heroes I suspect.

No tail not good enough? Guys what happened? Didn't he have the best et/es/wisp in the world?
he has been brilliant for a little while now

I think it's a great shame if kuroky goes back to being a support, I think his performances as a carry, especially late game meant he was one of the best around.

Who will offline? S4?

Question is, did Notail leave in good terms or was he kicked out.

I think he probably left to be on a team with Simba, and on good terms.

Also not surprised RTZ went to Secret, considering they're the ones actively trying to improve pro players contracts. Looks like maybe Puppey has got that sort out.

God, this is a terrible shuffle. c9 are the big losers here, cant see secrets synergy. kky now a support? nice...seems people are being played out of (their favoured) position just to make a super team.

Poor n0tail, he was of the best players in secret

stilll...at least Aladdin found Jasmine...

also:
Na`vi ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom