• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

That Secret shuffle doesn't make much sense to me. If you're going to move kky into a support role and then kick a support from the team, kick kky. n0tail was easily one of their strongest and most reliable players, in many games I felt like he was their best player.

I know that obviously it's not that simple, but I feel their team will be much weaker without him.

SamVimes

That Secret shuffle doesn't make much sense to me. If you're going to move kky into a support role and then kick a support from the team, kick kky. n0tail was easily one of their strongest and most reliable players, in many games I felt like he was their best player.
Speculating is useless, there might be a multitude of reasons that are not noticeable to anyone looking from the outside.

As much as I love Notail (who doesnt) Secret now has who is arguably the best player in professional Dota 2.

So not a bad swap.

So, is Sing going to alliance? They just need another support then. EGM back to Alliance? Or n0tail?

....wasn't Sing-Sing with Kelly in Singapore and Malaysia this week? So yeah. Maybe.

Wok

For low MMR (2k-ish), this Juggernaut build order seems to work:

ePUsraf.png

PMS > MoM > Treads > HyperStone > Aghanim > Manta > Mjollnir > Butterfly

I build Manta before Aghanim to counter a NightStalker.

This is the opponent I copied it from:

5K41Klc.png

He farmed a lot faster than I did.

Jex

For low MMR (2k-ish), this Juggernaut build order seems to work:

ePUsraf.png

PMS > MoM > Treads > HyperStone > Aghanim > Manta > Mjollnir > Butterfly

I build Manta before Aghanim to counter a NightStalker.

This is the opponent I copied it from:

5K41Klc.png

He farmed a lot faster than I did.

I've only played a handful of games on Juggernaut in a similar skill bracket but I really don't see the advantage in picking up a full Manta (or even getting a Manta at all unless you need to break silence) and Hyperstone before acquiring an Aghs. I try to get my Aghs somewhere around the 20-25 minute mark so that I can have the most game impact before the opponents carriers even have a chance to get online. The low cooldown and increased jumps should allow you to solo kill anyone on their team every couple of minutes and from there you can snowball.

God, this is a terrible shuffle. c9 are the big losers here, cant see secrets synergy. kky now a support? nice...seems people are being played out of (their favoured) position just to make a super team.

Poor n0tail, he was of the best players in secret

stilll...at least Aladdin found Jasmine...

also:
Na`vi ;_;

While I agree that I don't really like the shuffle, Kuro played support for years and Carry for like 6 months now? With a carry like RTZ I bet Puppey and Kuro can do wonders as supports.

n0tail out sucks, I don't really like RTZ or Zai... EG always had a bad attitude for me.

Wonder how Na'vi will end up.

edit: Also I think that some pro players said that you need a team where you can have mutliple people on the same role to shuffle around depending on picks/the enemy team. Maybe that is what Secret is going for.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is there a reason for MoM on jug?

I've been playing jug and wr almost exclusively for the past week. My jug build tends to start with shield, tango, boots of agil, 2x gg branches. If I can get the bounty rune at the start I finish the Poor mans shield.

From there it's Phase > either Aghs or Yasha > S&Y. Then it's a mix of stuff, Sometimes butterfly, Sometimes i've been leaning towards basher into abys.

Side question, Is BF of any use for Jug during his ult? Or is it worthless unless you're aim is to farm the jungle early on?

edit: Also I think that some pro players said that you need a team where you can have mutliple people on the same role to shuffle around depending on picks/the enemy team. Maybe that is what Secret is going for.

Because that worked out well for Na`Vi in ti4.... having a bigger hero pool might help.

Radec

While I agree that I don't really like the shuffle, Kuro played support for years and Carry for like 6 months now? With a carry like RTZ I bet Puppey and Kuro can do wonders as supports.

n0tail out sucks, I don't really like RTZ or Zai... EG always had a bad attitude for me.

Wonder how Na'vi will end up.

Kuro played carry for years during dota 1 days.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Axe seemed like a really good pick against PL but it was actually so bad. Never died quicker as Axe than I did after calling a pile of diffusal illusions.
SLx19c3.gif

Eh. Players get traded around in sports all the time, even with unions. It only seems different here because there are fewer top tier teams to root for.

Well it doesn't sound like a trade the way that tweet is written, it sounds like the players just broke the contract and left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom