• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raytow

I suppose it works like with pro sports, you break the contract, you pay a fee? or they can just bail out without repercussions, doubtful.

Just normal contract remedies if someone breaks it.

Orgs need to enforce them, but they might have had some funny business going on that wouldn't stand up in court.

Einbroch

Banned
Young players don't get along with PPD. He doesn't have the patience for them. I hope Secret does well.

Well, that's that. See you all in 6 months. woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop.

Pick brood (because we had a clinkz and they had a lot of squishies), my entire team follows me to whatever lane I'm on all game long (while the enemies have plenty of aoe to kill my spiderlings and plenty of lockdown and we have bad teamfight (but a gyro and a clinkz so awesome splitpush and lategame)

Thats the last time I pick her, people can just stop you from playing her by following you like a bunch of lost puppies.

Why are you in my lane, there's no towers left here...

I keep here about the nba thread imploding incident or whatever. What happened o_O?

There were some minor incidents before that so they were already on thin ice before it happened, but basically a member of the community didn't get along with the rest and it eventually led to several bannings, some permabans, and a demodding. After this over half the active members left GAF(some because they were banned, others because they didn't want to stay anymore).

I'm keeping it vague because I don't remember it all that clearly anymore, also I don't know whether it's okay to talk about this openly :x
Good Lord PA needs to get nerfed, what a fucking lie that hero is. She was able to 1 v 1 my AM with just a bkb and a bf, while i had a fucking basher, battlefury, manta and an eagleson. one crit, two hits and that bullshit evasion. i was also 2 levels ahead. bunch of lies.

MKB good item

Carlius

Banned
Good Lord PA needs to get nerfed, what a fucking lie that hero is. She was able to 1 v 1 my AM with just a bkb and a bf, while i had a fucking basher, battlefury, manta and an eagleson. one crit, two hits and that bullshit evasion. i was also 2 levels ahead. bunch of lies.

she can win games by herself vs 5 heroes is shes fat enough, its ridiculous.

Raytow

Young players don't get along with PPD. He doesn't have the patience for them. I hope Secret does well.

Well, that's that. See you all in 6 months. woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop.
Lel PPD is such a little shit, buy my mason heroic =P

Deadly

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/550943015775514624

Wonder if this has anything to do with Secret, if so I honestly think it's hilarious that the team people think are pushing for a player's union are the ones who would break contracts
Maybe it has to do with the supposed 'poaching' that happened. I remember one of the tweets mentioning that.

CWM has a tweet saying notail+misery on C9. I'm surprised they let pieliedie go.

Maybe it has to do with the supposed 'poaching' that happened. I remember one of the tweets mentioning that.

CWM has a tweet saying notail+misery on C9. I'm surprised they let pieliedie go.

Maybe PLD+Sing on Alliance? That would mean two position 5 supports though, but I'm sure Akke can play a more greedy style.

Wok

Pick brood (because we had a clinkz and they had a lot of squishies), my entire team follows me to whatever lane I'm on all game long (while the enemies have plenty of aoe to kill my spiderlings and plenty of lockdown and we have bad teamfight (but a gyro and a clinkz so awesome splitpush and lategame)

Thats the last time I pick her, people can just stop you from playing her by following you like a bunch of lost puppies.

Why are you in my lane, there's no towers left here...

Maybe just baiting...

"bf" as in battlefury or as in butterfly? If the latter, do not expect to kill PA by right-clicking her.

G.ZZZ

Don't worry, you had AM which is literally unkillable as the Technomancer told me. Literally.

Einbroch

Banned
So that's why EG is taking on a 15yr old to replace rtz....?

The problem is with young players not enjoying being around PPD, not necessarily the opposite. In general, obviously. This doesn't apply to EVERYONE. This should go without saying, but this is just from stories, not from first-hand experience or being told flat-out.

I mean, I hated my old roommate and wouldn't live with him again, but he'd live with me if offered the choice.

manfestival

I got that ugly immortal axe blademail item because I caved into the peer pressure of having red text and new hats. So I decided to show off my new swag with my two immortal axe items equipped at the same time. Feels so good to go slamming and dunking on some fools. We had a tiny that would toss me to a low enemy like a lay up and I would get the glorious dunk. Went 19-8-12

TLDR: DUNKING FOOLS WITH AXE IS SO MUCH FUN

FACE

Banned

Hex/MKB good stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah I mean, if it's carry vs carry, you can negate half her effective HP with a decent DPS item.

Gav47

Holy shit these roster changes
crazy.gif

There were some minor incidents before that so they were already on thin ice before it happened, but basically a member of the community didn't get along with the rest and it eventually led to several bannings, some permabans, and a demodding. After this over half the active members left GAF(some because they were banned, others because they didn't want to stay anymore).

I'm keeping it vague because I don't remember it all that clearly anymore, also I don't know whether it's okay to talk about this openly :x

Emoticon_surprise.gif
dayum. thats a shame.

PSA:Singsingu is striming btw +sexy cam

Wok

Apparently, Juggernaut's omnislash does damage to Naga Siren even during her song. It is like the chronosphere which I mentioned previously: it does not interrupt the ult. What is more problematic is I thought Siren was invulnerable during her ult... and she is not!

W1SSY

Apparently, Juggernaut's omnislash does damage to Naga Siren even during her song. It is like the chronosphere which I mentioned previously: it does not interrupt the ult. What is more problematic is I thought Siren was invulnerable during her ult... and she is not!

No Naga is not invulnerable, the enemies are. Someone with a BKB could attack Naga during song and kill her or I guess anything magic immune like Warlock golem. Also if someone has radiance and they are in naga song, I am pretty sure it still burns and can kill people.

Haly

I think you've grossly misunderstood what Naga's ult actually does.

Wok

No Naga is not invulnerable, the enemies are. Someone with a BKB could attack Naga during song and kill her or I guess anything magic immune like Warlock golem. Also if someone has radiance and they are in naga song, I am pretty sure it still burns and can kill people.

I think you've grossly misunderstood what Naga's ult actually does.

I thought everyone was invulnerable during the ult. So if something is magic immune, Naga and her allies can still kill it. Interesting. I remember something about Omni's Repel now.

I thought everyone was invulnerable during the ult. So if something is magic immune, Naga and her allies can still kill it. Interesting.

nope. only sleeping heroes are invulnerable. if you BKB or are Repelled by an enemy or ally Omniknight before sleep, you can be attacked by the enemy. you can also attack the enemy (including Naga) for as long as the BKB/Repell is active.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Why do I keep seeing carries in my games picking up MKB when there's no evasion on the other side?

Haly

It's a good item now. Also if there are channels that need interrupting.

MKB is also a good idea if you think the opposing carry might get a bfly, which is a good bet if you're playing against AM, Drow, Gyro, Luna and such.

They should really buff Deso, nobody gets it anymore. Love that item.

Does Toby/Joindota have any relevance anymore?

They don't seem to have any big tourneys of their own, not really invited to other big tourneys and just left casting some low tier stuff. Not saying I miss Toby screaming but just curious how he went from *THE* caster to irrelevant.

MKB is also a good idea if you think the opposing carry might get a bfly, which is a good bet if you're playing against AM, Drow, Gyro, Luna and such.

They should really buff Deso, nobody gets it anymore. Love that item.

As soon as I see an MKB in the works and I'm playing Luna or Drow, I move on to AC and proceed to wreck shit.

They don't seem to have any big tourneys of their own, not really invited to other big tourneys and just left casting some low tier stuff. Not saying I miss Toby screaming but just curious how he went from *THE* caster to irrelevant.

Tobi has been casting one of those Asian scene events almost every day. It's really early in the morning though, so you might have been missing it.

Razzer

Hooray, access to my account again. As a returning gift, I bring funny links.

Also, with regard to the roster changes, my biggest curiosity with the new secret is how the playstyle will be with RTZ as a safe farmer. After all, his 1 from mid strat with EG worked because the lane is smaller, making him very hard to gank, and also meaning PPD would be on heroes like Dazzle or Abaddon a lot to tp in and save him, which again is much easier mid. How will he adapt to being in drafts that aren't set around this.

Chris R

Just sucks that one of my favorite players jumped to a European team, I rarely get to watch those matches due to the timezone difference :(

JoinDota will be casting the MLG season

They were also meant to do WePlay too but that seems to have disappeared

inkls

that should just show up like that for you and not for anyone else in the game

inkls is your computer still broken?

rejoice for i have risen (using little brother's old laptop while my stuff gets repaired/the people who owe me money pay me so i can get my new pc).

Also, wow at these lineup changes.

pompidu

Hate 70 min games and where mega creeps are practically useless. Long games are dumb in general. Everytime they put out a big patch, it fixes old issues and creates new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom