• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

Now that 6.83 has been around for a while, do you guys think they nerfed pushing too much? I'm not that sad to see the 5man crap go away for a while, but I think all the changes really crushed split pushing even moreso than it did the death ball style. The glyph reset change in particular is devastating to split pushers early on. I'm starting to think that icefrog overreacted a bit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Heavy if I were you I would move all your hats to a fresh account cause you're on your way to a lifetime achievement award.

Any tips for playing Terrorblade? Even after farming with him all game, I can dish out some serious damage but I feel like he is really lacking in survivability.

Now that 6.83 has been around for a while, do you guys think they nerfed pushing too much? I'm not that sad to see the 5man crap go away for a while, but I think all the changes really crushed split pushing even moreso than it did the death ball style. The glyph reset change in particular is devastating to split pushers early on. I'm starting to think that icefrog overreacted a bit.

Deathball is alive and well in 1.5k MMR.

for spec, what should I build if my team is doing well but I had a tough lane and am struggling to find early farm?

I went yasha -> radiance -> manta but by then the game was already over

skip yasha/radiance and go diffusal?

farming was tough :(

bbd23

pit lord not being ported yet has to be the biggest crime in the entire world
SLx19c3.gif

xanavi

Any tips for playing Terrorblade? Even after farming with him all game, I can dish out some serious damage but I feel like he is really lacking in survivability.

Got any recent matches on dotabuff I can look at? If you're building the right items then it sounds to me like you're not picking the right fights or positioning your hero correctly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In my experience, it's better for me, as a support player, to pick a semi-carrys than a hard support. I find it more difficult now to close out games with an early lead. If I'm not scaling well with items, I'm just dragging my team down no matter my performance in the early game unless it was absolutely crushing.

This was always true of pub games to an extent, but I'm feeling the pressure now more than ever. Volvo started hitting my smurf account with their legendary "Force Fifty", so I started picking Doom, Void and Weaver to break out of it.

G.ZZZ

Deathball is alive and well in 1.5k MMR.

That's cause people have difficult farming. Terrorblades or Lunas that farm 10cs min are my death .

In my experience, it's better for me, as a support player, to pick a semi-carrys than a hard support. I find it more difficult now to close out games with an early lead. If I'm not scaling well with items, I'm just dragging my team down no matter my performance in the early game unless it was absolutely crushing.

This was always true of pub games to an extent, but I'm feeling the pressure now more than ever. Volvo started hitting my smurf account with their legendary "Force Fifty", so I started picking Doom, Void and Weaver to break out of it.
Yeah, this patch is better than last, but I'm still more confident with a lion or Mirana ratsher than Rubic or sd

sixghost

Do you mean supports that scale into late game, or actual semi carries?

Pratfall

Due to my awesome teammates, I ended up playing support luna the other day. Was actually kinda nice knowing that I could farm a bit and still be relevant later.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1123320638

Haly

Do you mean supports that scale into late game, or actual semi carries?
Actual semi-carries. Like, my duo queue partner is a mid player, if there a support to buy wards and courier for him, great. If there isn't, I'll get it and play position 4 offlaner if I have to and it works out in the end because games take so long and I eventually become position 3 anyway.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1128730230

4 core lineup vs a well rounded roster of damage, stuns, and well divisioned farm priority. My first items as Weaver? Regen and Wards + Courier.

Actual semi-carries like Windrunner although my track record with Windrunner still isn't so great, at least I feel like I'm contributing past the 30 minute mark.

I hate 4/5 WR early on though, she doesn't contribute much unless you manage to get off a good shackle a couple of times. She's good at zoning I guess. edit: okay you changed your post

I like picking supports that can always contribute something late game instead of just being fodder when behind. Lina, Venge, Shaker, SK, etc. I can always do damage even if the only thing I got out of the game was a bunch of levels.

manfestival

that feel when you are winning a game despite being down in exp the whole game thanks to your push strat with brood. Then brood DC's and never reconnects...

Is paste bin allowed in gaf?
http://pastebin.com/A8PAKxt2

-lion had bought a total of 17 obs and 15 sentries
-he bought 6 wards before the 12 minute mark
-morph is his friend (Heavy's Sandvich)
Remind me never to play with Heavy. You're actually the brand of sociopathic cancer that plagues this game. Blaming others, going on tilt and mentally checking out for the duration of the game instead of figuring out what the new win condition is and encouraging everyone to focus on that and what they can do better to reach that goal.

TBH, I didn't think we had these kinds of people on GAF. I'd rather have someone intentionally feed for 20 minutes then Abandon than someone who's capable of this kind of behavior for 40 minutes nonstop. At least the former can be won. Check that chat log for what decent behavior looks like in the face of feeding and roids raging. Kid died once and didn't like it. Then proceeded to "pull a Heavy" and flame the team for 30 minutes or so while intentionally feeding. We tried to get him to come around and stop but he wouldn't have it. When he realized he wasn't going to get any further reaction from us, he abandoned. And of course we started winning as soon as he left.

Cool heads win Dota. Find a better way to keep yours, Heavy.

Quesa

Remind me never to play with Heavy. You're actually the brand of sociopathic cancer that plagues this game. Blaming others, going on tilt and mentally checking out for the duration of the game instead of figuring out what the new win condition is and encouraging everyone to focus on that and what they can do better to reach that goal.

TBH, I didn't think we had these kinds of people on GAF. I'd rather have someone intentionally feed for 20 minutes then Abandon than someone who's capable of this kind of behavior for 40 minutes nonstop. At least the former can be won. Check that chat log for what decent behavior looks like in the face of feeding and roids raging. Kid died once and didn't like it. Then proceeded to "pull a Heavy" and flame the team for 30 minutes or so while intentionally feeding. We tried to get him to come around and stop but he wouldn't have it. When he realized he wasn't going to get any further reaction from us, he abandoned. And of course we started winning as soon as he left.

Cool heads win Dota. Find a better way to keep yours, Heavy.

But dv everyone knows the person who talks the most about how others are doing is always the best player on either team

Aselith

Whats a good skillbuild for Ember mid?

My personal build is to max chains and shield first favoring shield over chains only if i'm vs a heavy magic user. Sleight maxed last. Works out really well for me. I've done a ton better with that build since I stopped going for max sleight first when I was a nub ember.

Jex

Actual semi-carries. Like, my duo queue partner is a mid player, if there a support to buy wards and courier for him, great. If there isn't, I'll get it and play position 4 offlaner if I have to and it works out in the end because games take so long and I eventually become position 3 anyway.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1128730230

4 core lineup vs a well rounded roster of damage, stuns, and well divisioned farm priority. My first items as Weaver? Regen and Wards + Courier.

However well my teammates play it just seems inevitable that every game will go on for 50 minutes so I can certainly agree with the idea of playing a hero that actually contributes and scales into the late game.

W1SSY

My personal build is to max chains and shield first favoring shield over chains only if i'm vs a heavy magic user. Sleight maxed last. Works out really well for me. I've done a ton better with that build since I stopped going for max sleight first when I was a nub ember.
When ember first came out all the people I played with have me shit for not getting sleight early. Feel so redeemed now that nobody gets sleight until later and gets the other two skills.

Aselith

When ember first came out all the people I played with have me shit for not getting sleight early. Feel so redeemed now that nobody gets sleight until later and gets the other two skills.

Yeah, chains and shield both do so much damage early. Ember is basically impossible to escape from unless you have a blink once he hits 6 with chains plus his dash and even then he can dash on you. One of the best mid gankers in the game imo.

Bracer > Brown boots > Bottle > Drums and you are a killing machine. BF comes easy after that.

No issue with the disgust being expressed.

We won the match just to add.

And to make things worse, before each "hahahahah" I would pause, just to rub it in. CM was on the other team talked plop, she got it back.

Edit: Lion did nothing of importance in the first 16 minutes of the match. Polite requests were made to aid me in lane, rather than sitting in jungle, as I was up against CM and PA. Needed his stun to counter initiate when CM was to go on me.

You can list the stats, but I did actually say watch the match to actually get the gist of what happened early. Not to excuse the way I mouth off but listing statistics after a successful match will on go to deceive.

Edit edit: he writes that wards were bought after the 12 minute mark, none were placed whatsoever. The other team camped our jungle for a good while. Politeness turned into baiting.

edit edit edit: not tempered, that's the uncomfortable part, it's just deep sighs and frantic writing.

Bad7667

The amount of Embers that still go Sleight at 3k is still high. And every game I try real hard to ask why they would pass a stun that has the potential to get 2 heroes and do 300 dmg.

Unsurprisingly, most people tell me to fuck off.

I had one guy say its not guaranteed to latch onto heroes, so why skill it over a skill that is going to do dmg 100%. At least he has a reason.

Hylian7

I haven't paid attention to the Ember conversation here, but are we talking about not getting chains early?! People do that?! I would always get at least a value point in chains early...

Also, this is an unrelated thing that's bothered me ever since this patch: The expectation of mid not to block his own creep wave and go for the super rune.

I think you still need to block. It's still important and can win you the lane.

what's the best way to play antimage mid

stout and tango into ring. maybe pms or qb depending on matchup, and 1-1-1 with lvl 4/5 in stats works well so far

Aselith

I haven't paid attention to the Ember conversation here, but are we talking about not getting chains early?! People do that?! I would always get at least a value point in chains early...

Also, this is an unrelated thing that's bothered me ever since this patch: The expectation of mid not to block his own creep wave and go for the super rune.

I think you still need to block. It's still important and can win you the lane.

I always get the rune and run mid to block creeps and it usually works fine for shifting them toward my tower.

what's the best way to play antimage mid

stout and tango into ring. maybe pms or qb depending on matchup, and 1-1-1 with lvl 4/5 in stats works well so far

Rush BF no boots ever no regen

Haly

Obviously, you ask your support/jungler to block while you and offlane go to contest runes.

Hylian7

First game of the day and our Medusa gave up at 3 minutes in and AFK farmed jungle. Now she is 3 levels behind everyone.

Edit: Now 5 levels

W1SSY

First game of the day and our Medusa gave up at 3 minutes in and AFK farmed jungle. Now she is 3 levels behind everyone.

It's fine, you have the late game. Medusa will hit her full potential after all other heroes have peaked. /s

Well yea dusa can't jungle without at least phase boots and a band of elven skin. And that's not fun at all, but at least it can work.

Why not just tell her to go stack ancients. That still works and is easier than ever on dire side.

It's fine, you have the late game. Medusa will hit her full potential after all other heroes have peaked. /s
If the enemy has peaked and Dusa isn't ready the team will get run over. Being 5 levels behind on a carry that desperately needs levels as much as items seems awful.

Hylian7

dKBxwgz.png

Is it?

dJuo9oD.jpg

Is it?!

They have a DP and are pushing our shit.

Well yea dusa can't jungle without at least phase boots and a band of elven skin. And that's not fun at all, but at least it can work.

Why not just tell her to go stack ancients. That still works and is easier than ever on dire side.

Top lane was pushed back and I asked her to go farm that, she said "Nope, fuck you. Muted." That is what we are working with.

dKBxwgz.png

Is it?

dJuo9oD.jpg

Is it?!

They have a DP and are pushing our shit.

Top lane was pushed back and I asked her to go farm that, she said "Nope, fuck you. Muted." That is what we are working with.
Let us pray.

The other 4 of you have to find a way to buy her like...40 more minutes. :-(

how does dusa fall 5 levels behind if she's AFKing jungle?

Sounds more like she's trying to recovery farm and you guys are taking her jungle.

Or you're so far behind that she's just doing what she can. I really don't see this as being on her.

Hylian7

how does dusa fall 5 levels behind if she's AFKing jungle?

Sounds more like she's trying to recovery farm and you guys are taking her jungle.

Or you're so far behind that she's just doing what she can. I really don't see this as being on her.

No, we aren't taking her jungle. We have been fighting the deathball while she says "Fuck you" and does nothing and farms innefficiently. If you don't believe me watch the game, it just ended.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1138637119

No, we aren't taking her jungle. We have been fighting the deathball while she says "Fuck you" and does nothing and farms innefficiently. If you don't believe me watch the game, it just ended.

that's what dusa is supposed to do in that situation as far as I'm concerned. Unless the other team has never seen a dusa before, they'll roll over you in every fight whether it's 4v5 or 5v5 until she gets items. She should've farmed more efficiently, sure, but there isn't a whole lot she could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom