• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

that's what dusa is supposed to do in that situation as far as I'm concerned. Unless the other team has never seen a dusa before, they'll roll over you in every fight whether it's 4v5 or 5v5 until she gets items. She should've farmed more efficiently, sure, but there isn't a whole lot she could do.

This is different. I'm serious. Watch the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In one of my games last night I got stuck playing position 5 solo off lane lion vs a sniper bh lane, the duo last picked techies/enigma and techies insisted on safe lane. We won after like an hour.

Hylian7

And another lost game, not particularly anyone's fault this time. But Invoker said "I am done" just now. Gooood siiiiiiiiiiiiign.

Wok

if you want to see why i get banned so often http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1138216174

edit: im the AM.

The number of assists, kill participation and kill matchups tend to show that SandKing and Morphling carried the game.

0fScuRW.png

Plus, you were obviously trolling the supports of the ennemy team since you had good support.

Y6u05lc.png

3p5EvyU.png

3Houik8.png

Hylian7

>Bear's dead while Tinker is attacking our rax
>Tinker has eblade
>Team yelling at me to "go def" and just right click the creeps
>I tellt hem he will just blow them up
>Walk up anyway and get blown up
>They call me an idiot

I cannot stand when some dipshit starts bitching about everyone over voicecom like everything they do is costing the game. In conjunction with this, these players are always horribly underwhelming themselves, and when confronted with this fact, become very passive aggressive. Fucking children.

I cannot stand when some dipshit starts bitching about everyone over voicecom like everything they do is costing the game. In conjunction with this, these players are always horribly underwhelming themselves, and when confronted with this fact, become very passive aggressive. Fucking children.

Doto being doto i guess. Everything is always someone else's fault. Unless it's an obvious misclick like tide ravaging while farming the jungle because he accidentally pressed R.

Some like to point fingers at others to make their own poor performance stand out less.

Like blaming the Lion for not buying wards to distract others from the shitty farm you got on AM.

The number of assists, kill participation and kill matchups tend to show that SandKing and Morphling carried the game.

0fScuRW.png

Plus, you were obviously trolling the supports of the ennemy team since you had good support.

Y6u05lc.png

3p5EvyU.png

3Houik8.png

where was the suggestion that I carried the game?

Do all analyses of games take place by reading dotabuff rather than watching matches?

Anno

These are some great passive aggressive tweets from PPD.

Peter Dager @ppdDota
Eg practiced for the first time since July yesterday and today. I feel prepared and excited for vegas. #BleedBlue

Peter Dager @ppdDota
Nice to work with motivated and positive minded players. Ty @Aui_2000 @SumaaaaiL . Breath of fresh air!!!! You inspire me!

Manus

Man I remember that solo queue life. I could careless about MMR and always play with stacks of 3 or more. It just makes things so much better and makes me enjoy the game so much more. Have a group of around 10 people from around the world who I play with. We all have Whatsapp and usually let each other know when someone is getting on.

Random Draft, SD and all random for life yo.

These are some great passive aggressive tweets from PPD.

the fuck? why wouldn't they have been practicing? why would RTZ and Zai have to leave in order for them to practice? Is it even possible that's true? I don't understand how a team plays at such a high level without practicing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
the fuck? why wouldn't they have been practicing? why would RTZ and Zai have to leave in order for them to practice? Is it even possible that's true? I don't understand how a team plays at such a high level without practicing.

Talent. And a few weeks of bootcamping being enough to take 1-3.

Which, admittedly, shows a lot of talent.

Do we have confirmation as to Aui's replacement at C9?
I don't believe so.

Talent. And a few weeks of bootcamping being enough to take 1-3.

Which, admittedly, shows a lot of talent.

Yea I know. It's just...nothing short of amazing. I just don't understand, then, why RTZ would leave. Clearly if you're not even practicing, you can't suggest you've "peaked" or maxed out your ability to win. It was pretty clear that Secret worked hard as hell to get their top 3 finishes...and now we find out EG Allen Iverson'd their way to a flurry of top 3 finishes and wins.

5SUAuGM.gif

Just seems like there was a lot of unrealized potential. EG seemed capable of drafting any comp and winning. One of the truly unpredictable teams in Dota. I would have loved to see how that grew with some faces I knew and learned to really enjoy.

I assume Secret offered him a bigger cut of prize money.

Cassius

The fact that PPD is showing them so much attention has to be indicative of him being upset that they are gone. Why not just congratulate them and move on?

The fact that PPD is showing them so much attention has to be indicative of him being upset that they are gone. Why not just congratulate them and move on?

Because he's a salty mothafucka and has always been. No reason to expect him to not be a salty asshole now after losing a good teammate and arguably the best mid/carry in the West for free.

Not sure how true it is but EG not scrimming has been something they've said for a few months now

Razzer

It's not like they had huge amounts of time to scrim anyway. They said they treated the smaller tournements as scrims. IG also supposedly don't practice much, Newbee too.

It's not like they had huge amounts of time to scrim anyway. They said they treated the smaller tournements as scrims. IG also supposedly don't practice much, Newbee too.

I know scrims can be difficult to coordinate. And with the deluge of tournaments, tournaments *became* scrims.

But scrimming and simply practicing together are 2 different things. The later affords you the opportunity to see each others habits, understand the nuances of each other's play, what they need from you and you from them. It affords the opportunity to exchange ideas and try them out to see what works for people and what doesn't. It puts you in best position to maximize your results and helps a drafter make picks that he knows will work for a given player.

Even if it's just 5-man pubbing together, not practicing is just beyond my understanding. It's like launching software that hasn't been debugged. Can you imagine a pro sports team not practicing and simply taking to the court? Even with premiere talent, that's usually a death sentence. I can't imagine they would be regarded as anything less than the best in the world if they took the time to actually practice. And the tone of PPD's tweet suggests RTZ may have been the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom