• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

beating try-hards is quite satisfying. guy on our team randoms huskar. their response:

PA
Jugg
BH
SB
Silencer

I wasn't gonna let him feed so I picked Dazzle last. Even with that lineup they still got bodied. try harder chumps. And with that comp they had the NERVE to catch feelings about me picking Dazzle. Fuck outta my face.

I'd say troll is prolly my counterpick. Steroid, bash, miss + bkb carrier

Huskar + Necro is more fun than Dazzle

sixghost

beating try-hards is quite satisfying. guy on our team randoms huskar. their response:

PA
Jugg
BH
SB
Silencer

I wasn't gonna let him feed so I picked Dazzle last. Even with that lineup they still got bodied. try harder chumps. And with that comp they had the NERVE to catch feelings about me picking Dazzle. Fuck outta my face.
True counter pickers always save one last ultra-counterpick.

But the people that wait until after time in unranked AP to do that shit, then pause are the scum of the earth.

I will unpause every time, I don't care what their excuse is.

Just like how I will unpause if someone pauses in a crucial teamfight without someone DC'ing, I'll take the chance of being a dick to not give that advantage. Fuck tactical pauses.

Hylian7

I will unpause every time, I don't care what their excuse is.

Just like how I will unpause if someone pauses in a crucial teamfight without someone DC'ing, I'll take the chance of being a dick to not give that advantage. Fuck tactical pauses.

At the same time, I hate people that just unpause no matter what the situation was, and then kill the AFK person. Last night I had a game where I was SF mid, my cat spilled my water, I said something and paused. Then I come back and I've died once.

At the same time, I hate people that just unpause no matter what the situation was, and then kill the AFK person. Last night I had a game where I was SF mid, my cat spilled my water, I said something and paused. Then I come back and I've died once.

I won't unpause if there's not an engagement, there's no advantage to be taken from it so I'm fine with those, I'm never in a rush.

The worst thing is pausing, saying you'll be right back, DC'ing, and coming back to see you've missed several minutes, and nobody on your team even cares.

Last time this happened I was SF in the laning phase, instead of trying to pause my team ignores me, TA steals middle lane while I'm gone(I have to go offlane underleveled), and then they flame me for not carrying their ass. We got demolished and after going 0-7 or something I came back and almost carried us to the win while said flaming TA remained useless the entire game.

I've been toxic in the past, but mostly as a response to other toxic players, I've learned to mute instead of flame back.

G.ZZZ

I won't unpause if there's not an engagement, there's no advantage to be taken from it so I'm fine with those, I'm never in a rush.

The worst thing is pausing, saying you'll be right back, DC'ing, and coming back to see you've missed several minutes, and nobody on your team even cares.

Last time this happened I was SF in the laning phase, instead of trying to pause my team ignores me, TA steals middle lane while I'm gone(I have to go offlane underleveled), and then they flame me for not carrying their ass. We got demolished and after going 0-7 or something I came back and almost carried us to the win while said flaming TA remained useless the entire game.

I've been toxic in the past, but mostly as a response to other toxic players, I've learned to mute instead of flame back.

Mute is the only truth. Mute is love , mute is life.

G.ZZZ

Got glimpses of it Sing made some absurdly next level play on that clock like stucking jugg on cliffs with hookshot + cogs Kreygasm

EDIT: OMG i'm playing with BabyKnight, feed incoming Biblethump

twitch.tv/13abyKn1ght

EDIT2: lol he's offline noob BabyRage

Hylian7

Another fucking solo MMR loss...

bTlzJsN.png

This is ridiculous.

What ever happened to that official announcement Secret were going to make?

Either way be interesting to see if N0tail ends up on Cloud9, suppose we'll find out tomorrow one way or another

Hylian, you'd know this: at what point does Neku start being a better character? I reached the end of the first week and then kinda stopped playing (not from any real dislike of TWEWY).

Also every LD I've seen lately in pubs has lost (anecdotal evidence but still)

....Are we seriously calling LD a bad hero now? Wtf

You should have seen Bulldog's LD guide. he spent half of it saying how shit he is.

You're mostly useless before Radiance(or Mael+Basher if you're going that route), and you fall off hard if you're not winning within 10 minutes of getting the radiance. Too much has to go right for that hero to do well.

But don't listen to me listen to the best LD player himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLHgkO8Z10

Hylian7

You should have seen Bulldog's LD guide. he spent half of it saying how shit he is.

You're mostly useless before Radiance(or Mael+Basher if you're going that route), and you fall off hard if you're not winning within 10 minutes of getting the radiance. Too much has to go right for that hero to do well.

But don't listen to me listen to the best LD player himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLHgkO8Z10

What exactly changed? He's been even buffed recently. Did the Glyph refresh after T1 fall really hit him that hard?

What exactly changed? He's been even buffed recently. Did the Glyph refresh after T1 fall really hit him that hard?

He was already one of the least picked heroes in competitive in 6.82, it's too soon to say but I don't think the new changes are enough for him to get picked or raise his winrate.

Honestly though I don't think he's been good since the first patch after TI3( where Bulldog and a few others(but mostly Bulldog) dominated with him).

G.ZZZ

Alche is semilegit after last patch, sylla is good for bullying lanes but even then not really.

3 games from 5k, Babyknight fucking fed that game but we still won carried by random 6k slark lol.

LD is good if your opponents don't do anything for 30 minutes and you get ahead....

Which is true of literally every hero. LD isn't very good.

Demoli

....Are we seriously calling LD a bad hero now? Wtf

It's literally the worst hero in the game right now.

Edit: reasons its bad

Hero is a right click only hero that deals no damage and has no form of cc outside of a rng root.

He loses a lot of lane control if he ults into bear form.

Desoite huge ms, bear gets kited esily.

Loads of spells have increased effects on the bear, most notably Brewmaster q and w and CM slow.

Battle Cry has too small of an effect for too small of a duration for too long of a cooldown.

Your tankyness falls off very fast agaisnt any non physical only line up.

Verh bad vs early aggression and very bad in the late game. Very underwhelming mid game aswell.

Imo, his only good quality is the pseudo buyback by ressummoning the besr in a fight. Which isnt great at all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bounch, I have to say, these Tiny themed shirts you handed out at that Redmoon/Polycount/Neogaf meet up have held up really well. The Brooklyn Kurtz shirt I bought is basically destroyed after only washing it like 4 times (And the free EG shirt I got is also not looking too great ether), but this shirt still looks great despite washing it like 10+ times.

Battle Cry has too small of an effect for too small of a duration for too long of a cooldown.

I wonder if it would be not OP if Battle Cry Bear+LD damage could go through Glyph, right now you can almost never use Battle Cry since the opponent will just Glyph immediately after.

Another idea I had was have Bear summon CD reset when you die, would improve his laning if it wasn't an instaloss if he gets ganked at a bad time.

edit: Or have bear just summon at spawn if it didn't get killed but you did.

sixghost

I think an ability for the hero to share damage taken by the bear would be interesting. He might just have to wait for the metagame to change though; a patch where games regularly go past 45 minutes isn't something LD is every going to shine in.

Hylian7

Something I've always wondered: Why does Demonic Conversion on Enigma say the duration is 35 seconds, yet it is clearly longer than that? You can tell because the spell is on a 35 second cooldown, and you still have a couple of seconds to cast it before the last set dies.

Mordeccai

I long for the day when I can join a match of solo que dota, and not have the team just fighting each other.

I just lost a match in 20 minutes because rather than fighting the enemy, our tide and lina decide it's more constructive to flame their team and not show up to team fights.

Why people cut off the nose in spite of the face is beyond me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe if he's redesigned to be more of a "double hero" like that wolf thing from HoN instead of a semi-hero leashed to a hero-like post.

Oh but Arc Warden is the double hero so that overlaps.

Something I've always wondered: Why does Demonic Conversion on Enigma say the duration is 35 seconds, yet it is clearly longer than that? You can tell because the spell is on a 35 second cooldown, and you still have a couple of seconds to cast it before the last set dies.

Eidolons that have multiplied will last about a second longer than those that have not.
This allows Enigma to convert his own Eidolons once they have multiplied.

According to Dota2 wiki.

G.ZZZ

Maybe if he's redesigned to be more of a "double hero" like that wolf thing from HoN instead of a semi-hero leashed to a hero-like post.

Meh, just give the bear a couple of actives more i guess. So that become "2 slightly different and UP heroes". Like True form could give bear an ability that scale with level aside from the roar that he already has. Or make root a castable ability with CD now that bear has mana.

sixghost

Maybe they could change the Druid passive to something like Drow's aura, except it lets the bear attack outside of the normal leash range for 15 or 20 seconds. I think druid's biggest problem is that the hero design forces you to rush radiance if you want to take advantage of the hero's unique aspects. If you go for anything else, you become a shitty right clicker that falls off after 35 minutes.

inkls

I think an ability for the hero to share damage taken by the bear would be interesting. He might just have to wait for the metagame to change though; a patch where games regularly go past 45 minutes isn't something LD is every going to shine in.

Wasn't that one of his older ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom