• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

So PLD got cut? Can't say I'm too surprised, but still a bummer. He's a cool guy.
apparently he's trying out a team with h4nn1 fly w33 and xcalibur

whats the alliance lineup btw? people said sing was playing with them in scrims or am i imagining things?

whats the alliance lineup btw? people said sing was playing with them in scrims or am i imagining things?

Good that he's got people interested in playing with him. Supports sometimes get left behind.

TheCrow

http://redd.it/2rdnl0

C9.notail, C9.misery confirmed

C9.eternalenvy confirmed idiot

Notail is actually a significant upgrade over aui. Really opens up their draft too. Misery should be just fine replacing pld and he has been playing with notail for a bit already. Excited to see the new c9. They might be changing their style of play to suit their new and more aggresive support duo. Hopefully the growing pains aren't too rough.

Sing was in some of their scrims but it looks like they are still figuring out the last roster spot. Kelly confirmed that they already have 4 of them locked in.

Notail is actually a significant upgrade over aui. Really opens up their draft too. Misery should be just fine replacing pld and he has been playing with notail for a bit already. Excited to see the new c9. They might be changing their style of play to suit their new and more aggresive support duo. Hopefully the growing pains aren't too rough.

Sing was in some of their scrims but it looks like they are still figuring out the last roster spot. Kelly confirmed that they already have 4 of them locked in.

I don't think N0tail is a straight upgrade. They offer slightly different things. Example: N0tail is significantly more apt as a play maker, but -- while he's no slouch -- he's not the theory crafter and drafter than Aui is. Something like Brains vs Brawn might be appropriate.

That said, I think someone like N0tail will fit well in the team, assuming he gets along well with Envy.

TheCrow

Maybe but I think aui is just one of the few pros who's actively giving out his thoughts on patches and heros to the public. That kinda of skews people's perception of him as a player. Not that I'm complaining since I love his replay analysis but I'm sure most pros are into theorycrafting as he is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I would like Aui over Notail, but lets see how Notail synergizes with Envy.

Also, now with only 2 founding members left of C9, I wonder who will be last to fall.

lmao, rePugnant's ult is so messy now that you can give health to people

if you can stay back a bit and have aghs you can redistribute health around the field just by clicking a few times, and the potential for reSpectHer/centhorrible synergy is cray

ez farm, too

get into him

M.D

It's too bad Fly and Notail didn't both go to C9.
according to h4nn1 (actually read on reddit) fly never wanted to play support, so he can't really fit in c9 right now

plus we don't know if they are still friends after team secret

Sibylus

Banned
lmao, rePugnant's ult is so messy now that you can give health to people

if you can stay back a bit and have aghs you can redistribute health around the field just by clicking a few times, and the potential for reSpectHer/centhorrible synergy is cray

ez farm, too

get into him
You're stanning for Pugna? Bless u

M.D

guys i think death prophet needs buffs in the new patch

exorcism now benefits from damage sources
exorcism now benefits from double damage rune

balance

M.D

Also add exorcism stays on even when dead.
exorcism is now a passvive

new ult death prophet makes a prophecy on the death of a random enemy player who will die within 10 minutes of the prophecy being made

aghs upgrade new ult can also target the enemy ancient

Still taking forever to connect. RIP.

same here, I rarely play dota and when I try to nothing works...I can't play during the day because of the work, all these problems seem to be nighttime for me.

If you just wanna play vs bots try this (taken from reddit):
This happens to me as well so what I do is I enable my console (Right-click Dota 2 > Properties > Launch Options > Type "-console") and after I start Dota 2, the console opens up automatically (or you could press the console key, default shortcut '\') and then type the following

sv_cheats 1; sv_lan 1; dota_start_ai_game 1; dota_bot_set_difficulty 2; map dota;

The bot difficulty ranges from 1-4, 1 being easy and 4 being unfair. This is what I do to play Dota 2 offline. After one full game has ended, it will return you to the Main Menu screen. Only downside to this is that you cannot access the option to change your keybinds or set the volume

Razzer

Notail will be interesting. This means C9 have replaced Sing with a less greedy mid and Aui with a less greedy 4. EE gonna be getting mad farm from now on I think, less time creating space. Oh, and Bone might get more farmy heroes as well.

G.ZZZ

Misery's a huge upgrade but Notail not sure, for example Notail Visage is a big ?

I'm sad cause i like Misery and C9 is mango so i can't root for them we lost.

I think the way competitive dota is played these days, you can "afford" to have a really greedy support. Notail is actually quite selfless in that area, I hope he gets a chance to be that greedy player in order to fit the EE style.

I'll say this as well, I thought he's been been playing brilliantly for a little while now. There is a concern about his hero pool though, for me at least, but he's put in some great performances.

Raytow

exorcism is now a passvive

new ult death prophet makes a prophecy on the death of a random enemy player who will die within 10 minutes of the prophecy being made

aghs upgrade new ult can also target the enemy ancient

fuck yeah, someone at valve give this man a job, just image a race to avoid DP farm aghs, lol.

Misery's a huge upgrade but Notail not sure, for example Notail Visage is a big ?

Notail has a very good Visage--he just hasn't been on a team that prioritized that hero much.

G.ZZZ

Being good at micro don't mean you play a micro hero well. Notail isn't famous for his Chen or Enchantress or Visage, and there may be a reason for that other than "team didn't pick it", dunno maybe he don't like those heroes much? He said his favourite heroes were maapo and LD

W/e

G.ZZZ

Page 3 game boys, i'm getting my skillz back

Zoon

The only reason dota is down and servers lagging the past days is because valve is busy transfering them to source 2.
Kappa

Madouu

Being good at micro don't mean you play a micro hero well.

He micro'd visage familiars back in the fnatic days even when he wasn't on the hero. They used them more to gank than split push though so yeah it is a different playing style.

I mean that's how it is with roster changes, everyone got to adapt.

TheCrow

Notail microd visages birds when fly played him so he should be fine with the hero.

G.ZZZ

4k is really the worst mmr. 5k game, everyone just play and focus, 4k is like blame game three thousand, and what's funnier is that people think they're goo dthere. This was last game: after tide pick, i decide to pick axe because dire has 4 melee heroes and say tide "let's go top we rek them dual melee vs axe + tide ez game". Tide say "fuck you" and go jungle. All the game i get triple ganked top, and still manage to come on top on kills because they're so bad. Void after 3 hour freefarm get ganked once and start flaming in broken english russian in vocal chat and proceed to solo all game, and the Jakiro say "fuck you void won't be buying anything for you anymore". Game is lost 20 mins later even if we had triple the farm and they had no carry against our void. Game end and i see 4.5k-4.5k-4.5k, rolleyes.

I swear those people really are the worst, ruining games for no reasons but dunning-kruger and shittymindness.

Guys, I am going to be leaving NeoGAF. Thank you for blessing me with so many wonderful memories.

A reflection of sum:

#stagnantgame
#thrasheraintnoracist
#hylianplsyourpudgeisplop
#theyrenotgoodenough.

Wishing you all the greatest success in dota and in your lives.

I shall miss you all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Guys, I am going to be leaving NeoGAF. Thank you for blessing me with so many wonderful memories.

A reflection of sum:

#stagnantgame
#thrasheraintnoracist
#hylianplsyourpudgeisplop
#theyrenotgoodenough.

Wishing you all the greatest success in dota and in your lives.

I shall miss you all.

goodbye and goodluck, i hope to have the willpower to follow some day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom