• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL MATT We need a recap of what happened here: https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/551641432629714944

C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

HOW

how does one lose 72 - 34

While we're on the topic(kind of):

Do you people listen to music when playing Dota? Or just in-game stuff?

I have two albums compatible with steam, ones the zelda 25th anniversary album, the other is moloko. I listen to moloko.

I think I've had confirmation that the ranked calibration matches confirm your hidden mmr

Can someone explain the compendium daily challenge to me please? do you just get points once per day or for every win.

I know it sounds like a daft question, but the language of this compendium on thne whole is terrible

Edit: looks like its daily, as you'd need 40 days of victories to max it out...which should be around the time of the finals.

yarden24

I've got a question for the medusa players out there, is it worthwhile to level her ult at level 11?

Radius: 1000
Attack Damage Amplification: 30%/40%/50%
Move Speed Slow: 50%
Attack speed slow: 50
Turn Rate Slow: 50%
Gaze Duration: 6
Stone Duration: 3

there is no change in cool down, no change in mana cost, the only difference is the 8% or so increase in damage from physical hits,

wouldn't more points in the other skills be more worthwhile until 14?

ink4n3

I bought the DAC compendium, but I don't see where I can access it? I opened it in the armory and got the rewards... My profile just shows the 2 International compendiums. HALP.
cry.gif

I bought the DAC compendium, but I don't see where I can access it? I opened it in the armory and got the rewards... My profile just shows the 2 International compendiums. HALP.
cry.gif

Go to 'Watch', 'Tournaments', 'Premium', check the 'Sort by owned Tournaments' box, find the DAC tournament, and click the green book icon.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
now i see why noone picks all random

my team

phoenix, shadow demon, dark seer, silencer, tusk

their team

ogre magi, clinkz, tinker, centaur, undying

does the game just hate me or what

my team

their team

Figuring out how to make a shitty draft work is exactly why it's so fun.

That and it's the best way to learn new heroes along with SD(but I can still avoid heroes I can't play in SD).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Figuring out how to make a shitty draft work is exactly why it's so fun.

That and it's the best way to learn new heroes along with SD(but I can still avoid heroes I can't play in SD).

there is literally no way to make this draft work. we're 17 5 down after 15 minutes.

i mean come on 4/5 our team is squishy as hell and they have a clinkz and undying is literally a counter to phoenix.

a single tombstone can basically cause a teamwipe for us easily. undying isn't even being careful with them, he just pops them up whenever we're nearby and we can't go anywhere near him.

[edit] at least they got an actual team out of it. a carry, a ganker, a great initiator, and a pusher. we just got shit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've got a question for the medusa players out there, is it worthwhile to level her ult at level 11?

there is no change in cool down, no change in mana cost, the only difference is the 8% or so increase in damage from physical hits,

At that point you're mostly using it as an escape tool so you can farm safer, so yes it's fine to skip it.

there is literally no way to make this draft work. we're 17 5 down after 15 minutes.

i mean come on 4/5 our team is squishy as hell and they have a clinkz and undying is literally a counter to phoenix.

a single tombstone can basically cause a teamwipe for us easily. undying isn't even being careful with them, he just pops them up whenever we're nearby and we can't go anywhere near him.

[edit] at least they got an actual team out of it. a carry, a ganker, a great initiator, and a pusher. we just got shit.

Well yeah sometimes you get a shit draft while they get one that might even work in competitive. Then again it's just AR, win/lose doesn't matter.

Maybe they should tweak it slightly so teams aren't completely unbalanced, I went up against a literal 5 hard-carry lineup the other day, they couldn't possibly win with that laning phase.

Razzer

my team

their team

I'm just gonna say how I'd lane it as a way of thinking out loud.

Firstly, it's fair to say your right click is poor outside of silencer if he gets a great game. So you should focus on trying to win mid game. I'd put Phoenix mid, where he will likely be against Tinker, and if done right should be able to deny him loads thanks to spirits. Delaying his BoTs is very important, so the bird man should just concentrate on that. I would expect them to put centaur off and ogre undying clinkz tri safe, but it could also be dual off. In either case, SD is an excellent zoner, so have him do that whilst tusk pulls and silencer farms. Silencer can also help zone whenever they get too close cus he has glaives and curse, neither of which draw aggro. Dark seer goes off, and can rotate to jungle if needs be.

I don't see you being able to get ambitious kills early, but I also think they shouldn't be able to kill you, thanks to disruption and snowball.

DS get mek, Phoenix get pipe, silencer go aghs, maybe get a Midas first. Once you have the mek and pipe tho, group and push. They should not be able to fight into global, mek, pipe and two excellent defensive spells.

A couple of you should also get forcestaffs. This could be anyone but silencer (who needs aghs refresher ASAP IMO) tbh. SD and Tusk should always be near your farmers, so if clinkz ever tries to get a solo pickoff between your pushes, you disrupt him and walk away, or snowball, then wait for reinforcements. Similar if centaur jumps you.

As the game goes on, keep investing in more defensive items, more forcestaffs, shivas on DS or Phoenix, maybe a ghost sceptre or two. BKBs as well if needed. Because your team really doesn't build damage you should have the money and slots for these team items. Breaching high ground will be tough, but as long as you don't let clinkz get fat I don't see them being able to kill your pipe mek creep waves very fast, so just slowly grind away at them, don't let them farm.

I realise you already finished by now, but I just wanted to indulge myself to practice my theorising.

G.ZZZ

my team

their team

Phoenix solo safe, DS roam with Tusk (600 ms snowballs ez life), Silencer mid and SD solo offlane kill noobs with poison and can pull the camps (on radiant)

Tbh if Tusk hadn't been nerfed so much from his original incarnation that was SO FUN, it'd be such a joyful hero to play and watch. IFraud plz
sleeping.gif

Razzer

Phoenix solo safe, DS roam with Tusk (600 ms snowballs ez life), Silencer mid and SD solo offlane kill noobs with poison and can pull the camps (on radiant)

Tbh if Tusk hadn't been nerfed so much from his original incarnation that was SO FUN, it'd be such a joyful hero to play and watch. IFraud plz
sleeping.gif
How is a roaming tusk ds gonn get level2? Snowball ain't a long stun.

Demoli

No, just put points in split shot and skip further levels in ult until you know you are going to fight. Stats are crazy good on medusa.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Game on Bulldog strim just now > TI3 final

Anno

Switching on the epic playlist at the end is what did it, I think.

Also: His TI3 commentary is now starting up.

Jex

And now Bulldog is onto the final game of TI3. I can only assume he'll be laying the slam on everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom