• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

Old_King_Coal on Steam, I'll be on again a little later.

I will support you to the end of the earth for those sets.

I forgot about that when at home. Had a 5 min break and ms paint. Here's something slightly different:
xj3kgee.jpg

HOW DID I MISS THIS?! It is spot on 100%

Pratfall

Interesting commentary from EE. Do our 5K+ers agree that xp is the indicator of who will win, not gold?

Not a 5ker but it seems to me that XP advantages helps you win those mid game skirmishes that set up the gold snowball. Having an extra item is nice, but if your team has a 2 level advantage you are going to be much better at skirmishes at 25 minutes.

Chris R

Interesting commentary from EE. Do our 5K+ers agree that xp is the indicator of who will win, not gold?

I think it's true, but I'm potato tier. I hate running into another player who was 2 levels under me 20 minutes ago who now destroys me even though I'm still outfarming them because the rest of the team fed them levels :(

Nymerio

Did EE just say he doesn't remember the draft, a minute after the game? And then Sheever lists the heroes for him and he doesn't remember the question?
laugh.gif

kvk1

Did EE just say he doesn't remember the draft, a minute after the game? And then Sheever lists the heroes for him and he doesn't remember the question?
laugh.gif

I think he was insinuating that he didn't want to give this thought process away.

But who knows, it's EE.

When I go into that Amiibo thread and balk at all the little Nintendo dolls people are buying, I have to remind myself of all the money I've put into Dota cosmetics.

Chris R

When I go into that Amiibo thread and balk at all the little Nintendo dolls people are buying, I have to remind myself of all the money I've put into Dota cosmetics.

Why doesn't my Tony Demihero give me shit when I put it on my PC ;_;

VOLVO PLZ

edit: I don't understand the Amiibo things either, but then again I'm the kinda person who won't pickup a Wii U until it hits $99 because there isn't a single game I want to play on it yet.

Raytow

VOLVO PLZ

edit: I don't understand the Amiibo things either, but then again I'm the kinda person who won't pickup a Wii U until it hits $99 because there isn't a single game I want to play on it yet.

At least the demihero looks cool, amiibo looks like el cheapo gashapon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

VOLVO PLZ

well to start with they are nifty figures of popular Nintendo characters. So even if they did nothing that alone makes them worth like $10-$15. In addition, they add as "dlc" in several games, like outfits in Mario kart and a new weapon in Hyrule warriors, and should give stuff in future games too. Also, while I don't totally buy it, Nintendo has said they plan to support them long term, so there is the hope the same figures we buy today will unlock stuff in games made years from now.

I preordered a kirby and a link, and there are a few more coming down the road that I want, like Metaknight and Captain
Falcon.

G.ZZZ

XP isn't a really good indicator. Example: all the deathballs strat of 6.81 were ahead in gold but behind in experience. If you have a deficit in XP and you are ahead on gold, you're usually a push strat and have to finish early. On the opposite, extreme core-heavy strat are probably even or ahead on XP but below on gold because of the difficult in taking objectives early.
Also, the more lategame you go, the less XP advantage matter compared to gold, because 5 level 25 vs 5 lvl 20 is the same difference as a 5 lvl 20 heroes vs 5 lvl12 in term of experience but is nowhere as relevant obviously.

It's all about team lineups, timing you want to hit etc... I agree that gold isn't a good indicator because of how non-linear it is, because a 100 g difference may be a difference between having a BkB in a fight or not, or a blink, or whatever, and XP in general is more intuitive because being 10% ahead in XP means that your hero are probably that much better, until the very lategame at least.

manfestival

This applies to me so much too. I see the amiibo thread with disgust but I have bought a bunch of digital only goods(only in mobas since I hate buying DLC or anything else digital only)

W1SSY

If you get a group going, I'll join. I'm a bit lower than 3K (especially right now cause allpick is my nemesis) but I do alright.

**Also why the hell is Dreamleague not on LAN if they're all there?

Qojqva is not there. He has school so he is playing from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom