• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

What are the factors for the contract to start? I've had a few games where there was nothing but PA had the arcana.

Acinixys

What are the factors for the contract to start? I've had a few games where there was nothing but PA had the arcana.

Theres a list of 20 or so heroes that are on the contract

Go look at the day 3 update page and it shows who she is contracted to kill

shira

Yup someone else on reddit noticed this.

All the Nemeis Assassin rewards are unsellable and untradable. LOLVO.

Deadly

Theres a list of 20 or so heroes that are on the contract

Go look at the day 3 update page and it shows who she is contracted to kill
Forgot to mention there was PA with arcana and contract kills on opposite teams. For example, once I was necro and another time there was necro and void but both times it didn't trigger.

Brb buying a Newbee car.

k97ffWy.jpg

Zeth

So PA Arcana looks best without any other items? I have all PA items and haven't found a great combination.

Manus

It's amazing how strong Oracle's ult is with a Urn. Throw your ult on someone than toss a Urn charge on them. Once ult wears off it's instant full health.

inkls

protip: Oracle's disarm makes the target magic immune but takes +50% dmg from all other source. You can use the disarm on ROSH. So enjoy ez rosh while he cant right-click you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oracle is the best healer ever. Casually cast false promise, dump some Purifying Flames on the person, Mek if you have it, and they are basically back to full.

Love Fortune's End, great 1 point wonder until at least level 7. The DPS combo is not easy, to the point where in my games I normally just don't use Purifying Flames for DPS much outside of finishing off a target.

What I was trying to decent success was Arcanes in to Mek and then picking up Euls (Since you can purge off silences with it)

Its been hard telling people "Enemy X is magic immune, stop blowing nukes on them", and "You are going to die when this is over, FUCKING DO SOMETHING!", only to proceed to stand around, get hit by AoE, and Die.

The best move I pulled up was getting False Promise off on a PA that was mid Necro Ult and at 25% HP. After I meked her, flamed her, and she life stole enough that she was able to come out of it alive.

Madouu

Love Fortune's End, great 1 point wonder until at least level 7. The DPS combo is not easy, to the point where in my games I normally just don't use Purifying Flames for DPS much outside of finishing off a target.

Press Q on enemy, target starts running, press E. It's especially easy in day time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Press Q on enemy, targets starts running, press E. It's especially easy in day time.

Few times I tried I just ended up healing them. I don't know how feasible it is with a higher ping, I'll have have to give it more practice later.

inkls

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2myxrr/pa_arcana_changed_my_games_completely/

Lmao this is too good.

I am a 2.5k mmr scrub, since i bought my pa arcana all my games have been different. i play on SEA servers, so you can imagine the flame wars in these servers

but now, everyone is cooperating, people are like

"please protect pa she needs kill"

"pa dont farm there, it is not safe"

"wards are on cooldown, please wait till i buy them"

"i'll stack ancients for you pa"

"dont go battlefury this game they have mobile heroes buy bkb and basher"

people are picking a minimum of 2 supports to protect me, sometimes even 3

they are fighting over who gets to buy wards,smoke and dust

even when i die stupidly they are not blaming me, instead they give me advice on how and where to farm safely

if i finish my contract this behaviour only increases.

if i fail my contract they will co-operate more so that the enemy team doesnt get the item sets

they commend me for having an arcana and letting them win item sets

dota is finally flame free?

TL:DR: PA Arcana is literally paytoberespected.

Now I want to buy the PA arcana

Madouu

Yeah the timing is pretty narrow, the other way around is viable too, safer and you don't lose on that much damage but you got to be careful with cast ranges.

protip: Oracle's disarm makes the target magic immune but takes +50% dmg from all other source. You can use the disarm on ROSH. So enjoy ez rosh while he cant right-click you.

It's amazing how strong Oracle's ult is with a Urn. Throw your ult on someone than toss a Urn charge on them. Once ult wears off it's instant full health.

These are good tips I hadn't considered.

Some quick thoughts after trying Oracle with bots, maybe you guys disagree:

- really bad at pushing/killing creeps, might be a viable strategy against him: Push fast.
Maybe not as great as other people's abilities, but the creeps bunch up enough that Q will take them down to half health in one shot.

Demoli

Why does Eg keep picking ember for Arteezy? At least he's well farmed this game.

Edit: Wait, it's fear ember my bad

kvk1

i snatched the LC arcana at 20 buckaroos

no shame

with my luck it'll go for like 5 dollars during the steam winter sale or something

Anno

Funny that when Ember first came to CM giving it to Arteezy was basically an automatic win for EG. Then the infamous game at SL9 happened and it's been downhill ever since in comp.

Big Dog

How come all of the Arcanas are dirt cheap on the market today? Strange that it happened but I'm happy to finally own a lina arcana!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
How come all of the Arcanas are dirt cheap on the market today? Strange that it happened but I'm happy to finally own a lina arcana!
I think everyone is selling theirs so they can buy the PA one to take place in the event and farm items with it

kvk1

Valve should retroactively add events/mini-games to previous arcanas now.

You know, watch the world burn.

inkls

On the other hand it´s really hard to get a game without someone playing a shitty PA fucking everyone up.

That was already the case before the Arcana though. PA didn't see a sudden spike in popularity. She was already popular for a while. Now players just have an incentive to make sure that their PA lives.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
laning as slark with an oracle who spent the entire laning phase stealing my lh and then claims halfway through the game after buying absolutely no support items that oracle isn't a support

pub games are fun :)

BigAT

Is that the intended behavior? That seems kind of crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom