• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I haven't won one in like 3 days. Tilts don't last that long.

Maybe take a break and random every game in normal matchmaking for a few weeks. Make a deliberate effort to try new builds or styles of play. Every game you post you always seem to be playing one of a handful of heroes and they're almost always cores.

Hylian7

Probably something to do with the heroes you're playing. Have you considered a different role? Different style of play so that you can compensate for your teammates' crazy feeding?

They can feed in any role, it literally does not matter what role I play.

I'll admit this last one was partially on me because I fucked up and barely gave up FB mid (It was super close).

Hylian7

whatever fine dont play leshrac dont listen to me enjoy plummeting to 1k mmr
smh

Leshrac requires a setup stun, which requires teamwork, which requires me to expect anything out of my team in these games. He's a good hero but not for this.

Our Omni went AFK, lovely.

sfedai0

Banned
Leshrac requires a setup stun, which requires teamwork, which requires me to expect anything out of my team in these games. He's a good hero but not for this.

Our Omni went AFK, lovely.

Lesh has his lightening which has a slow that can setup the stun. Honestly, I think you just need to break out of your circle of heroes. Try supporting and roaming because I think it helps immensely with map awareness and positioning. I know sometimes when youre playing just carry, you can get tunnel vision.

Hylian7

Lesh has his lightening which has a slow that can setup the stun. Honestly, I think you just need to break out of your circle of heroes. Try supporting and roaming because I think it helps immensely with map awareness and positioning. I know sometimes when youre playing just carry, you can get tunnel vision.

Supporting is even more frustrating. I have tried it before and I hate it.

Hylian7

DdRFdil.png

On an unrelated note, I got a laugh out of this.

yarden24

Supporting is even more frustrating. I have tried it before and I hate it.

If you actually want to improve ,learning how to support could be a very good way to do so, I'm roughly the same mmr as you, 3.8k ,I random almost every game, and even though the position I have the least experience with Is support, I have the highest win rate supporting ,most supports at my mmr are terrible, and just being semi decent at it will get you wins

Hylian7

If you actually want to improve ,learning how to support could be a very good way to do so, I'm roughly the same mmr as you, 3.8k ,I random almost every game, and even though the position I have the least experience with Is support, I have the highest win rate supporting ,most supports at my mmr are terrible, and just being semi decent at it will get you wins

H3Pgczs.png

After seeing shit like this in a 35 minute game, I have no faith in supporting any carry.

Mordeccai

Hylian we aren't kidding, if you want to break your losing streak pick juggernaut. Be the carry you know you can be.

sIVdMhJ.png

Cliff notes: PMS if your lane will have ranged harass. Last hit like a champion. Phase -> Maelstrom. Do not stop farming until you get your maelstrom up, but gladly TP in to stop ganks or omnislash anybody stupid enough to run close enough to you. I've only built battlefury a few times when I felt like we needed me to carry the game late & I only missed a couple last hits in the first 10 minutes, but tbh you farm super fast w/ the mael. Also remember omni has a ministun to stop tps.

As soon as you get mael and have ulti ready, go gank. Build aghs with your gold from ganking (and you WILL kill at least the support heros), and from there snowball like a motherfucker. After this you can basically build whatever. If I dont need anything specific I like Mjolnir and Butterfly Don't ignore BKB if they have disables.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT skill healing ward. Shit is so strong. I don't really like building MoM because your health pool is low enough as it is and I've never really needed more than phase boots to catch up with supports I want to slash.

OddMorsel0 said:
First pick Jugg in literally every single game. What is anyone supposed to do about this shit. Every. Single. Game.

Honestly, I'm not sure. You're screwed early unless you have a hero with a disjoint built in. You're screwed in mid game if he gets his aghanims up. If you can farm up a manta, ghost scepter or euls those are your best bet, I had a lion fuck me up earlier with euls and dagon

NBtoaster

This is how I got out of 3.8k hell:

RGoEAfk.png

There is no shame in spamming op heroes, everyone else does. If your hero is nerfed, you just have to adapt. After phoenix I played skywrath all the time, and now I like void/jugg and sand king. Sand king isn't op though, just a strong support.

Punch-Out for Wii is
a) the most racist game ever
b) fucking outstanding

Also the 'play high impact gank/carry heroes' line of thought is a good one if you want MMR. TA, Storm, Ember, etc, I got a lot of wins/MMR with those guys.

FACE

Banned
This is how I got out of 3.8k hell:

RGoEAfk.png

There is no shame in spamming op heroes, everyone else does. If your hero is nerfed, you just have to adapt. After phoenix I played skywrath all the time, and now I like void/jugg and sand king. Sand king isn't op though, just a strong support.

67b5yutb.jpg

I spammed Ogre in 6.82

Satch

Banned
you lost that game because your team wasnt committed to ruining anita mage's game AND your team roamed as five getting pickoffs on witch doctor and lich for like 15-20 minutes and couldnt break the base

anita mage wasnt even doing all that well relative to how he should have been doing, but your team gave him plenty of space to farm since all of you were showing on the map mid as five pushing the creeps towards his base

and then once anita got his post-30-minute manta style in free farm conditions, their team wrecked your team, took mid rax, and then you said "gg" in all chat and spent like the next ten minutes sitting in base resigned to your fate while anita mage went off and farmed some more and got a basher and aegis and mauled your team again and ended the game

your pudge play was very low impact to be honest
HXiBo.gif

Hylian7

you lost that game because your team wasnt committed to ruining anita mage's game AND your team roamed as five getting pickoffs on witch doctor and lich for like 15-20 minutes and couldnt break the base

anita mage wasnt even doing all that well relative to how he should have been doing, but your team gave him plenty of space to farm since all of you were showing on the map mid as five pushing the creeps towards his base

and then once anita got his post-30-minute manta style in free farm conditions, their team wrecked your team, took mid rax, and then you said "gg" in all chat and spent like the next ten minutes sitting in base resigned to your fate while anita mage went off and farmed some more and got a basher and aegis and mauled your team again and ended the game

your pudge play was very low impact to be honest
HXiBo.gif
They basically grouped up after 1t minutes, and we couldn't beat them in team fights.

Razzer

Tbh these posts show why you find it hard to get better. So many people say go to bed, then the minute satch says not to you say you will. You are way to stubborn.

ksan

what the fuck, you dont pick, random gold is the best thing ever, at least until you get stuck playing carry beastmaster without any way to push against a tri-core enemy team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom