• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

what if different players are good at different things?

waoowwww thats pretty deep

disapprove.gif

I play carry because I like filling XP bars and seeing gold stuff pop out of things. Now I don't have to pay 60 dollars and spend weeks unlocking shit because I get that whole experience in 40 minutes for free. DOTA is the best.

Hylian, have you considered paying for coaching? I don't think you get much good advice here and I don't think you'd believe it even if it was genuine. If you want to take a serious effort to improve it might be worth it, instead of laying out a mental checklist of things that need to happen in order for you to win a game.

G.ZZZ

I play carry because I like filling XP bars and seeing gold stuff pop out of things. Now I don't have to pay 60 dollars and spend weeks unlocking shit because I get that whole experience in 40 minutes for free. DOTA is the best.

Hylian, have you considered paying for coaching? I don't think you get much good advice here and I don't think you'd believe it even if it was genuine. If you want to take a serious effort to improve it might be worth it, instead of laying out a mental checklist of things that need to happen in order for you to win a game.

Better yet, DC Hook for 500 MMR boost
wink.gif

Razzer

Hey man, I'm geniunely trying to help.

Satch

Banned
i think most people here are actually trying to help/have actually tried to help him in the past but hylian can be very defeatist so it can be a bit of a waste

the good news is that even if he doesnt use the advice, at least i get to read it and use it for myself

inkls

So yesterday I play a game with a gyro with a french name.

I'm thinking "ohh sweet this is another guy from quebec"

Later during the game he pings me like 5 times for not joining them in a teamfight while they gave no sign of going to teamfight.

I tell him "mange de la marde idiot" which basically means "eat shit idiot" but its usually a blank statement thats less about insulting the other person and more about telling them to back off and that you speak french too. Ironically its usually a good way to get the other person to laugh when from quebec from my experience and nothing bad happens if they dont understand french.

His reaction?

"It had to be a brazilian"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hylian's one of those guys that even if he clawed his way up to 5k he'd still be in the trench because (#twilightzoneending) he was the trench the whole time.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
i think most people here are actually trying to help/have actually tried to help him in the past but hylian can be very defeatist so it can be a bit of a waste

the good news is that even if he doesnt use the advice, at least i get to read it and use it for myself

You'll get nothing more from me
damnyou.gif

They basically grouped up after 1t minutes, and we couldn't beat them in team fights.

Nobody should lose 9 games in a row. I'm tempted to play another.

We just got simply outcarried.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1158050387

This one started strong, and now we are about to lose.

H3Pgczs.png

After seeing shit like this in a 35 minute game, I have no faith in supporting any carry.

Supporting is even more frustrating. I have tried it before and I hate it.

Leshrac requires a setup stun, which requires teamwork, which requires me to expect anything out of my team in these games. He's a good hero but not for this.

Our Omni went AFK, lovely.

GWmuzKC.gif

TUSR

Banned

Later during the game he pings me like 5 times for not joining them in a teamfight while they gave no sign of going to teamfight.

I tell him "mange de la marde idiot" which basically means "eat shit idiot" but its usually a blank statement thats less about insulting the other person and more about telling them to back off and that you speak french too. Ironically its usually a good way to get the other person to laugh when from quebec from my experience and nothing bad happens if they dont understand french.

His reaction?

so by your logic im a female japanese highschool student

His reaction?

so, you abuse people in the hope that you can form some sort of close connection with them (that makes sense) and you're now flaming them for not knowing the difference between french and brazilian portuguese?

all because you formed some sort of possible connection that you're from quebec.

ok mate.

bye

inkls

so by your logic im a female japanese highschool student

You're not?

Really tho, Quebec players have easy to spot names most of the time across all games. I just assumed that one time 99% success rate yo.

so, you abuse people in the hope that you can form some sort of close connection with them (that makes sense) and you're not flaming them for not knowing the difference between french and brazilian?

all because you formed some sort of possible connection that you're from quebec.

ok mate.

bye

Heavy pls. Its a culture thing.

Low Tier
Ok Since WoW keeps crashing I'll post up a lil thing for Hylian that hopefully he'll read and take in some of this info. Sorry cuz this is gonna be a tl;dr

http://pastebin.com/svcmPwDC

Overall things to take away: Relax dude, its just a game. Take some time if you're serious about ladder climbing and focus on things you're doing wrong. Play some unranked games where you won't be haunted by this number in the back of your head and try to improve. Analyze every mistake you make and think 'how could I have done that better' and you'll find yourself improving. Try to find gaffers to play with around your skill level or slightly above, and try your hardest to play well in those games. As stupid and vague this may sound, a lot of your problems originate from yourself (I've looked at a lot of the players you've played with and none of them are on losing streaks like you) . At this point I'm sure a majority of this thread is tired of your Dunning-Kruger cycle of abuse.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so, you abuse people in the hope that you can form some sort of close connection with them (that makes sense) and you're now flaming them for not knowing the difference between french and brazilian portuguese?

yeah i mean those two languages really are so similar, they even have like the same letters and stuff

xanavi

You're not?

Really tho, Quebec players have easy to spot names most of the time across all games. I just assumed that one time 99% success rate yo.

I swear there was a guy with a [Qc] tag in every counter-strike game I've ever played.

Ok Since WoW keeps crashing I'll post up a lil thing for Hylian that hopefully he'll read and take in some of this info. Sorry cuz this is gonna be a tl;dr

http://pastebin.com/svcmPwDC

TP scrolls are only 100g now ^_^

G.ZZZ

yeah i mean those two languages really are so similar, they even have like the same letters and stuff

They're both latin-derived language even, so it's 100% harder to recognize for a non-latin speaker. Also playing with good teammates is so relaxing, i pick support Silencer and go 7-1-8 Refresher Aghs KreyGasm

Lately i've seen myself improving a lot. What's better, even in 5.5k games where we lose and i get the "omg 4k trash", i'm usually the best on my team in term of score and hero damage, like in those two games:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1157432939
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1158474650

Obviously i still have shitty games but in general it all feel so ez. Road to 6k soon.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They're both latin-derived language even, so it's 100% harder to recognize for a non-latin speaker.

honestly it's not even about whether french and portuguese are difficult to tell apart

it's the fact that as soon as they saw a foreign language they assumed they were brazilian

i mean...that's basically just a bit racist.

G.ZZZ

honestly it's not even about whether french and portuguese are difficult to tell apart

it's the fact that as soon as they saw a foreign language they assumed they were brazilian

Well at least he was competent enough to know it wasn't spanish, else he would've called him a dirty Peruvian #freeThacker

FACE

Banned

Most brazilians that play Dota are a bit shitty though, I don't blame the guy.

Source: I'm brazilian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom