• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

no but i mean instead of casting it on them, it should just increase your damage output

why doesn't this item exist? they're just worried it would make supports too powerful?
Casters in general yeah. Nukes are balanced around being strong early and not as strong late.

Low Tier
Because then casters and int heroes (who are much more dominant early-mid game) would scale too well into late game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
could you imagine getting a 4x multicast fireblast off against a PA if there was such an item though

it would be lols for days

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
okay now imagine being the pa

oh right so it's fine for PA players to kill other people in two seconds but it would just be so sad for the poor PA player to have the same treatment
cry.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Getting a 4x multicast fireblast against pretty much anything already is lol for days.

true.

getting a good multicast fireblast then good multicast unrefined fireblast against PA is already probably the most fun you can have in dota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ok Since WoW keeps crashing I'll post up a lil thing for Hylian that hopefully he'll read and take in some of this info. Sorry cuz this is gonna be a tl;dr

http://pastebin.com/svcmPwDC

Agreed with the bin of paste. And I'll add that you need to seriously work on your mechanics because in that storm vs sniper game, you were walking up to kill creeps using level 1 remnant and you'd wind up eating autos. Sometimes, you would still miss and get denied.

You seem to be allergic to the minimap. I don't know if you're watching it or not because player perspective doesn't show your eyesight but when people are moving out of fog and into vision range, you should be snapping your camera to them via the minimap to scout items and whatever. My impression from watching you play is that your awareness still extends only 800 units around your hero. There was more then one occasion where you were fighting right at the edge of the camera and you could only see a fraction of what you should be seeing. Learn to pan and fight at the same time!

You're still not leading half your ball lightnings correctly. The other half, sometimes you lead when you don't need to. Treat it like Pudge's hook, you're good at that right? You aim where they're walking to, not where they were.

As for the farming thing. You're locking yourself into the mentality of "I'm playing a ganking hero so I should gank 24/7". This is NO BUENO. You need to be much more flexible than that if you're going to play Storm solo queue. You need to recognize when you're in a game where you should farm, and when you're in a game where you should gank. You should also focus on easy ganks instead taking risks for difficult ones because you're simply not good enough to be a playmaker/space-creator like s4. His playstyle also relies heavily on teamwork. Basically, you're trying to play a 7k level Storm with 3k level mechanics in a 3k level environment.

Misprioritizing ganks, combined with your poor farming skills, results in a very suboptimal Storm that's probably doing more harm to your MMR than good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
imagine a world where someone reads before trying to post a sick burn.

I wasn't posting a sick burn. I was re-posting a funnay joke that someone else made a couple days ago. Isn't that what the internet is for now?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
bullying veiled as funny jokes rather than attempting to help?

Hylian has made it abundantly clear by now that he is beyond the help of GAF. Besides, what can I do, as bad as he is he's still like 1k MMR higher than me.
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

One joke under the mountain of helpful posts is acceptable as light ribbing I would say. It's not like there's a continuous stream of insults. (Except that ember spirit guy, he's just being an arse.)

i posted a gif lol

all jokes aside, people pile on him. hence my return.

it's not like it started that way, hylian doesn't respond well to advice, so eventually people stop trying to help and just treat his posts as a joke

Sen²

If you actually want to improve ,learning how to support could be a very good way to do so, I'm roughly the same mmr as you, 3.8k ,I random almost every game, and even though the position I have the least experience with Is support, I have the highest win rate supporting ,most supports at my mmr are terrible, and just being semi decent at it will get you wins

H3Pgczs.png

After seeing shit like this in a 35 minute game, I have no faith in supporting any carry.

I kind of agree with both of you. Support is by far my favorite role, however, I will usually not support if I solo queue because it's just too painful. Whenever I queue with my buddy, whom I know can be trusted to actually hit creeps and not suicide, I'll happily play support. (~3,5k)

LiQuid!

Heavy's latest Dota ban come with a Valve-ordered, mandatory anger management stint?

Chris R

Pick Support -> Carry can't carry

Pick Carry -> Zero support from a single support

#trenchdoto

edit: Also, good luck with future ventures Matt!
Keep Artour away from the coco plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom