• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

From looking at your last storm games hylian, it seems that you don't farm enough on the hero. The games you win seem to be from good mid game fights and ganks that help you with your items, thing is that doesn't happen too often in matchmaking and you need to also be able to farm creeps efficiently when you don't have the best fighting lineup or when you are behind.

Actually, I didn't realize this before, but Spectre can be a pretty good split push hero in the late game.

If the other team tries to push your rax, you can push a lane until the absolute last moment and haunt into the fight to defend high ground, and often times you can kill a building and still not be late to the fight. If they try to stop you, unless all 5 heroes are in the base, you'll probably be able to haunt to another hero and kill them 1v1, allowing you escape the gank and get a kill at the same time. It's only problematic if they have good coordination and disables, but late game spectre's tankiness might allow you to path into the trees and TP out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How exactly is QoP a good hero again? Squishy as all hell it feels like and you have to be close to land her spells.
Ohwow.jpg
I think, Hylian, that you don't understand mid very well if you're asking "why QoP is good". Aside from being one of the quintessential mid heros, QoP's most recent buffs have made her a lot more satisfying to play than ever.

I'll refer you to this mid guide: https://chaqdota.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/chaqs-ultimate-guide-to-advanced-solo-middle/

Hylian7

From looking at your last storm games hylian, it seems that you don't farm enough on the hero. The games you win seem to be from good mid game fights and ganks that help you with your items, thing is that doesn't happen too often in matchmaking and you need to also be able to farm creeps efficiently when you don't have the best fighting lineup or when you are behind.

But a mid hero just can't play farmville doto...how exactly is that possible with a gank capable hero like Storm unless your lineup just isn't capable of dying early to mid game?

Hylian7

I think, Hylian, that you don't understand mid very well if you're asking "why QoP is good". Aside from being one of the quintessential mid heros, QoP's most recent buffs have made her a lot more satisfying to play than ever.

I'll refer you to this mid guide: https://chaqdota.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/chaqs-ultimate-guide-to-advanced-solo-middle/

I understand it just fine, I'm just saying I do not like/am not very good with the hero. Yes, I know Puck has similar concepts, but Puck is much different being it has two forms of escape (Phase Shift, Jaunt, Blink if you have it).

QoP just feels like if you aren't killing in one blink in, you're fucked. Idk though.

use remnant and overload to kill creeps?

I do that plenty. My team still manages to lose because I wanted to farm.

Servers shit themselves again. fuck this.
I understand it just fine, I'm just saying I do not like/am not very good with the hero. Yes, I know Puck has similar concepts, but Puck is much different being it has two forms of escape (Phase Shift, Jaunt, Blink if you have it).

QoP just feels like if you aren't killing in one blink in, you're fucked. Idk though.

keep in mind QOP's blink is now comparable to AM's blink. 1300 range w/ 6s CD I believe. At that point, it isn't necessarily about killing in 1 blink, but being able to cause an obscene amount of pressure just by the nature of the blink existing. your team can go in for kills and you'll follow up from a million miles away.

And with the Pure damage ult... there isn't much the opponent can do except ward up and bulk up.

Madouu

But a mid hero just can't play farmville doto...how exactly is that possible with a gank capable hero like Storm unless your lineup just isn't capable of dying early to mid game?

Yes a mid hero can and should farm, I mean hell that's arteezy's trademark and he is one of the best players in the world. If you want to carry with storm more reliably you will have to learn that 137 cs by 38 minutes is unacceptable unless you are running around the map killing heroes 24/7.

If you are ganking a lion or bristle 5/6 times and dying in the process while the enemy cores are farming then you will get outcarried easily. It is much more intelligent to use storm's farming power to get 2 or 3 items asap while going for smart kills (enemy cores) or easy and not risky kills early on.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
89VQ7al.png

Beat my record GPM.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/830424391

alchemy is the future

you should be farming all game all the time as storm.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1150635202

I've recently starting placing higher priority on farming in my storm games and Storm's escape gives him great ability to farm in the enemy jungle. Granted, this game may not be the best example for the enemy team has no instant disables, but I could easily farm the dire jungle and safelane.

Chris R

I just one time want to play Alch on a team that doesn't suck. I always go "support" style alch and I almost always end up transitioning into a hard carry towards the end of the game due to the team not stepping up :(

Aselith

I just one time want to play Alch on a team that doesn't suck. I always go "support" style alch and I almost always end up transitioning into a hard carry towards the end of the game due to the team not stepping up :(

The best support is killing their whole team

bbd23

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1157658367

such a fuckin awesome gameee.

buddy picked up the late game rapier and we just went down mid and won

my invoker sucks but i did make some crucial plays late that im proud of. went the easier quas+wex build and realized how slow I was invoking spells. got the hang of it late game once my agh's came online though. fun hero.

I've decided that every time I go on a winstreak, Dota decides to match me up with the most ridiculous teammates in Dota.

In fact, to add to this, every time I get decent teammates Dota crashes all its servers so that it doesn't get counted.

I got this shit all sorted, now.

TUSR

Banned
I've decided that every time I go on a winstreak, Dota decides to match me up with the most ridiculous teammates in Dota.

In fact, to add to this, every time I get decent teammates Dota crashes all its servers so that it doesn't get counted.

I got this shit all sorted, now.

quit spectating my games

100% lose rate when you watch

100% win rate when we play together

Low Tier
OK LEGIT IF ANYONE'S NOT A SHITTARD MAGE OR A FUCKHEAD HEALING PRIEST I WILL ACTUALLY GET U 5K MMR ON UR ACCOUNT IF YOU CAN RAID THURSDAY AND SUNDAY PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET IT GO

manfestival

welp so I managed to go jungle jugg after valve removed my assured victory earlier and I stole another win. Before this patch, it was near impossible for me to win with jugg. Now I am so effective with him that I end up winning the game for my team most of the time.

Mordeccai

OK LEGIT IF ANYONE'S NOT A SHITTARD MAGE OR A FUCKHEAD HEALING PRIEST I WILL ACTUALLY GET U 5K MMR ON UR ACCOUNT IF YOU CAN RAID THURSDAY AND SUNDAY PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET IT GO

I know I quoted you before about this and I never followed up but legit, I am also in need of a group of raiders who know how the fuck to WoW and would supply resto druid heals to you doods. I have been guildless and pugging highmaul for five weeks now and am losing my mind slowly. My druid is sitting at 657 ilvl and I can pull 30k hps.

My battletag is JohnKimble#1134

I doubt you want to grind me up from 3k tho. In fact I really dont wanna be grinded up to 5k cuz I stomp pretty well in my shitty 3k bracket and would like to keep my ez wins.

nilbog21

Banned

Never blink in

Mordeccai

Wow... I just came out of a random draft match where 2 of the 5 players on the other team actively sabotaged themselves from the first minute. Jugger auto attacked the bounty rune, then just M clicked the LD and followed him around the map. Bristle back started yelling in all chat "PLS REPORT MY TEAM" before the horn even sounded and proceeded to run into our mid tower for 10 minutes.

Then the jugger claims his team are idiots for picking five carries even though he picked last and starts feeding us a bunch of couriers.

That wasn't even an enjoyable win.... it was the most unsatisfying match of dota ever

Kard8p3

Anyone wanna give me a rundown on how to play QoP? I wanna take a break from just playing Jugg, and she seems like she'd be fun to learn.

Hylian7

An 0-6 Invoker that tries to steall kills with the Euls damage. I'm 100% serious this is what is happening right now. We lost in about 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom