• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I should learn despite having over 1k games of dota 2

How to pull.
How to properly stack(I can stack but I usually suck at it because I care enough... 55seconds etc etc but thats not the same for all camps)
How to not suck at the early game(I feel like cloud 9 in my ranked games)
How to get out of 3k MMR and get into 4k MMR at least.
How to customize my inputs to maximize my effectiveness and to minimize my time spent messing with the courier as well as buying/managing items
How to git gud with disruptor

Click the courier button.

Chris R

Why?

What I meant is I do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uml07cb0eiA&index=26

Which honestly could have gone horribly wrong. Thankfully, if it was lategame enough these two didn't have much free inventory slots and there was only two of them there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnhR5x4TATQ

Seriously, you can stack that thing like 6 times now if you pull straight to the left.

I'll just have to do it that way, most often I'm stacking it when I'm a support offlane and try to get back to lane by pulling up

shira

maxresdefault.jpg
D I R E B O Y S

t1421096400z4.png

Razzer

How to pull.
How to properly stack(I can stack but I usually suck at it because I care enough... 55seconds etc etc but thats not the same for all camps)
How to customize my inputs to maximize my effectiveness and to minimize my time spent messing with the courier as well as buying/managing items
Stacking is 53 not 55, except the medium camp near radiant mid and the one near top t2 dire. Also, if you see the troll priests in the small camp, don't attack to stack, the healer will stand in the camp healing the damage you do.

As for pulling, I just judge the right time by sight and get it every time, I think the time period is big enough that you don't need to know the exact second. For pulling through, last I remember it was roughly 400hp left on the camp creeps combined when you pull the second camp. If your creeps are still not dying you can even pull it to a third camp on radiant.

Also, when the siege creep spawns, (3 mins right?) you can single pull to get two waves with a seige creep and push the tower. Hell, if your lane control is good enough you can wait for the second seige creep and have two. Only do that when the off laner can't just draw creep aggro ez tho.

Hylian7

Alright, I've read all the posts since last night. Thank you for the advice everyone. I also read 1.09's pastebin thing, which was actually very insightful, thank you for that.

I apologize for going full tilt last night and recently.

One technical question regarding Storm though, and this is from 1.09's pastebin. I've been told like, 3 different things regarding skillbuilds for him. There was what 1.09 just said: 1-2-2-1 (at level 6), then there was what I had been using, which was also told to me: 1-1-3-1 (at 6), and then what I was told before that even: 1-3-1-1 (at 6). Which of these is correct?

Anyway, here's the deal, I'm going to give another solo ranked match a try, if it's not even close, then I'll practice in some unranked.

IT ENDS AT 9.

http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven

HERE WE GO

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
None of them are correct, but 1-2-2 is probably a better fit for your skill level than 1-1-3.

I'm partly to blame for putting you on 1-1-3 because it's what I see working but the Storms I watch are a lot higher level than yours.

Battlefury Kunkka is the only Kunkka worth playing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well obviously not Double Bfury.

It's more like: Bfury -> Buriza > Blink > Buriza > Divine Spam

Demoli

I have another tip for you hylian. You need to know the timing of your pick in AP. If you want to play something like storm, you must not pick him early like i see you do many times. He is already not an incredibly strong hero, and picking him early is only an incentive to pick high lockdown heroes that are already pretty popular, like Void or Skywrath.

Ask your team mates for that position and then wait til the end or 4th pick or something.

Quesa

Dota 2 OT -- Season 8, Ep. 110-116

A frustrated HylianSeven gets key advice after a losing streak; Heavy's Sandwich attempts to redeem himself after a toxic incident by posting courteously, if passive-aggressively; the guys are briefly bamboozled by a 13-year-old girl who begins streaming.

Dota 2 OT -- Season 8, Ep. 110-116

A frustrated HylianSeven gets key advice after a losing streak; Heavy's Sandwich attempts to redeem himself after a toxic incident by posting courteously, if passive-aggressively; the guys are briefly bamboozled by a 13-year-old girl who begins streaming.

Someone should make a dotagaf blog. I'd read it. Bonus points if it comes with pictures.

Dreavus

How to pull.

Reminds me that I need to go through each hero and set proper control groups again (since I'm pretty sure the game remembers across different matches now). Right now I have it set to 1 - hero, 2 - everything else, 3 - everything. Things get dicey when I'm trying to play a hero like Juggernaut and his ward isn't counted as "everything else" for some reason. Also for the new PL 100% damage received illusion would be nice to have on it's own hotkey.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

How to pull.

For the pulling part, I blame Icefrog since he keeps changing it! First screwed with the creeps, then the timing, its all a disaster! Bring back 6.73!

sixghost

Alright, I've read all the posts since last night. Thank you for the advice everyone. I also read 1.09's pastebin thing, which was actually very insightful, thank you for that.

I apologize for going full tilt last night and recently.

One technical question regarding Storm though, and this is from 1.09's pastebin. I've been told like, 3 different things regarding skillbuilds for him. There was what 1.09 just said: 1-2-2-1 (at level 6), then there was what I had been using, which was also told to me: 1-1-3-1 (at 6), and then what I was told before that even: 1-3-1-1 (at 6). Which of these is correct?

Anyway, here's the deal, I'm going to give another solo ranked match a try, if it's not even close, then I'll practice in some unranked.

IT ENDS AT 9.

http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven

HERE WE GO

There are no correct skill builds Hylian. Like half of being good at dota is being able to change your skill or item build based on the heroes on both teams.

Hylian7

I don't understand Ember Spirit. I have farmed all game (as best as I could, Windrunner shit on me early) and I still feel useless at 50 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom