• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Hylian, i'll tell the biggest secret KeemDota, aka 2nd Europe MMR told me.

7 Creeps are about as good as an hero kill in term of gold and experience.

Meditate on that.
F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

Nymerio

Meditate on that.

Huh, that's actually nice to hear spelled out. I've had games where I was constantly killing and was surprised that I had less gpm that the guy farming creeps half the time. Never really bothered to look that up.

Necro pros, please help!

How do I play this hero? Is he support? Is he carry? Is he some strange tank guy or something? I just don't know what to do. I really like the hero because I love to harass my opponents. Any strat or guide online that would help me that you Necro pros recommend? Thanks!

Meditate on that.
Sure, but you'd still want to kill a hero over getting 7 creeps, especially if it's a core. Killing 7 creeps doesn't set their core back on farm and have them be dead for x seconds(which you can use to get objectives). I get your point though.
I pick a mid and get yelled at non-stop for not ganking while the lane feeds and goes something like 1-7 combined by 15 mins.

Really depends on what kind of mid you're playing, but in general you should ignore nonsense flaming. Especially if you're playing a mid that doesn't gank.

Low Tier
dota's about economy. Like flat line yea 1 kill = 7 creeps. But subtract the amount of time the enemy hero can't farm, and if its a kill on a solo laner add the fact that you now have complete breathing room to farm, or if they wasted tps that's also -econ on their side. Or even if you die after getting the kill, means your other lanes are safe to farm/push/take tower s, which is more gold on ur side. Saying something like that just creates bad habits out of mid players.

Acinixys

Necro pros, please help!

How do I play this hero? Is he support? Is he carry? Is he some strange tank guy or something? I just don't know what to do. I really like the hero because I love to harass my opponents. Any strat or guide online that would help me that you Necro pros recommend? Thanks!

Hard, hard carry

Take all the farm (I always go mid with him. He needs levels badly)

Get Treads - Mek - Blink - Aghs - Heart/Shivas/Sheep/Pipe etc

Do NOT get Bloodstone. Its worthless on Necro. He already has insane mana regen from sadist, so getting a BS is pretty dumb IMO. Heart is way better because it gives you tonnes of sustain so you can tank everything and healbomb your way to victory

KS their carry all the time with your ult, it adds 30 secs to their respawn

Remember that level 4 sadist gives you 600 mana every time you kill a hero, so spam your heal like a bastard in fights and be aggressive

shira

Necro pros, please help!

I play him as support killstealer.
- buy laterns and chickens
- max heartstopper and stats
- when enemy carry is below threshhold erase him
- build into shadowblade, radiance, aghs, refresher

21DHq7j.png

NewBloom 2015 is going to have some weird hats.

Necro pros, please help!

G86kj.png

hes a carry

bounchfx

I play him as support killstealer.
- buy laterns and chickens
- max heartstopper and stats
- when enemy carry is below threshhold erase him
- build into shadowblade, radiance, aghs, refresher

21DHq7j.png

NewBloom 2015 is going to have some weird hats.

expect lots of goats (i'm not even kidding. Remember horses from last year? expect 100x more goats)

also the concept is outdated. less armor, different colours

and 100% moar GOAT

kvk1

Recognizing someone in Twitch chat is like running into a friend at a strip club.

You both know why you're there, and you're embarrassed about it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmm, ok that defeats what I was gonna speculate then. The previously mentioned factor of the player base in general improving could be at work here. Another thing is natural skill variance. I remember Aui talking about it in a video, but he was referring to a game by game basis , sometimes you play well (at say, a 4200 mmr level), sometimes you don't (at say, a 3700 level). I doubt that extends to larger spans of time, but I guess it's possible. However, another thing he talked about was how mmr is based on all your skills, so people lose and gain mmr in different parts of their skillset. A player who either communicates badly or not at all (because he queues on servers with a predominant language he doesn't speak, for instance), would be losing mmr in that as it's an area of his game that is weaker than most players. In order to make up for that he would need to be better mechanically than other people at his mmr who do communicate well.

Taking this idea further, we could suggest that different balence patches emphasise different skills. So if you are strong in an area that was vital in 6.82 but is not as important in 6.83, then you would lose mmr in 6.83 as your strong areas don't influence your mmr as much (Taking the idea that mmr is purely a measurement of your ability to win a game). So that could be another factor. This is very hard to measure or evaluate as many skills are subtle, but a more obvious example would be heroes and roles. Hylian, you play mid mostly, so if mids have less ability to dominate in a patch, it makes you weaker. More specifically, the beef to tinker, one of your favourite heroes, will certainly negatively affect your average ability to win a game.

There are far more things I could probably think of ooh I wanted to, but I'll let you ponder that for a while.
See the problem here is:

eSCeNxA.png

and the fact that Hylian goes on tilt and doesn't think he is so he's like 'my team sucks' which could be true but if Hylian was better and actually practiced and learned from all the resources given to him it would be ok he could be 5k mid and go 80% WR.

Legit if you just take a step back and analyze your own play there is no reason you can't carry from mid. I'm sure your map awareness and team situational awareness and camera control are still awful. Tab and check your teams items and determine their farm rate vs enemies in lane, decide which to gank, and most importantly farm the fuck more. Go back and watch those Juice replays of a 6k in 3-4k MMR where he has 80% WR on like 20 different mid heroes.

Everytime someone tries to give you advice you just say 'I know', but you really don't know or aren't thinking about applying it since you go on tilt.

G.ZZZ

dota's about economy. Like flat line yea 1 kill = 7 creeps. But subtract the amount of time the enemy hero can't farm, and if its a kill on a solo laner add the fact that you now have complete breathing room to farm, or if they wasted tps that's also -econ on their side. Or even if you die after getting the kill, means your other lanes are safe to farm/push/take tower s, which is more gold on ur side. Saying something like that just creates bad habits out of mid players.

My point was that if you play mid, trying to go for a semi-risky kill that can backfire (aka you die) is almost never worth if you can just farm 2 waves or 2 camps or whatever, especially on farming mids like TA, Storm or Tinker or whatever. Certain kills are what you want, not engaging/ganking all the time in a map when you see 1 or 2 enemies. In general, people think only carries should farm but in reality everyone but the roamers should farm, and the roamers/supps create the space around them.
That's why support early are so important, because they provide vision and allow kills to actually happen. In low MMR, supports are just passive in lane and ward the runes way too often.

Also yeah Keem still only play ES, he's at 7320 now and slipped to 4th place in the leaderboard. Sadly being famous mean that whenever his team isn't FP, he get blockpicked, so he has several games on different heroes, where he struggle a lot to keep his WR%.

And yes people get stuck on bad habits too often, but i found that usually the biggest mistake low level mids do isn't a problem of being mechanically bad, but not farming anywhere enough. RTZ docet.

Dota's about economy really.

Pratfall

My point was that if you play mid, trying to go for a semi-risky kill that can backfire (aka you die) is almost never worth if you can just farm 2 waves or 2 camps or whatever, especially on farming mids like TA, Storm or Tinker or whatever. Certain kills are what you want, not engaging/ganking all the time in a map when you see 1 or 2 enemies. In general, people think only carries should farm but in reality everyone but the roamers should farm, and the roamers/supps create the space around them.
That's why support early are so important, because they provide vision and allow kills to actually happen. In low MMR, supports are just passive in lane and ward the runes way too often.

Also yeah Keem still only play ES, he's at 7320 now and slipped to 4th place in the leaderboard. Sadly being famous mean that whenever his team isn't FP, he get blockpicked, so he has several games on different heroes, where he struggle a lot to keep his WR%.

And yes people get stuck on bad habits too often, but i found that usually the biggest mistake low level mids do isn't a problem of being mechanically bad, but not farming anywhere enough. RTZ docet.

Dota's about economy really.

There was a dendi game recently where he was QoP playing against a storm. He went for a kill at level 3/4 or something, got the kill but almost died to creep aggro. He was low and didn't have a ton of regen so had to back and basically not farm for a bit while the SS just TPd back to lane farmed safely and took away any advantage that Dendi got from the kill. Dendi was saying that kills don't win you lanes any more, staying safe and farming does.

inkls

There was a dendi game recently where he was QoP playing against a storm. He went for a kill at level 3/4 or something, got the kill but almost died to creep aggro. He was low and didn't have a ton of regen so had to back and basically not farm for a bit while the SS just TPd back to lane farmed safely and took away any advantage that Dendi got from the kill. Dendi was saying that kills don't win you lanes any more, staying safe and farming does.

Realized the same thing. Spent so much time trying to help other lanes as storm and my farm suffered.

Until you get a core until I dont think it worth it to go gank as the mid laner.

TUSR

Banned
Realized the same thing. Spent so much time trying to help other lanes as storm and my farm suffered.

Until you get a core until I dont think it worth it to go gank as the mid laner.
Inkls I need to watch you SS so I can learn the hero. 5 stack later?

manfestival

Things I should learn despite having over 1k games of dota 2

How to pull.
How to properly stack(I can stack but I usually suck at it because I care enough... 55seconds etc etc but thats not the same for all camps)
How to not suck at the early game(I feel like cloud 9 in my ranked games)
How to get out of 3k MMR and get into 4k MMR at least.
How to customize my inputs to maximize my effectiveness and to minimize my time spent messing with the courier as well as buying/managing items
How to git gud with disruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom