• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though this was interesting:

quite well stated too. that's part of a higher level of discussion about the differences between the two games, of which there are more than I think one might expect of 2 games in the same genre. so many little design philosophies that make the games handle differently.

Falk

that puzzling face
quite well stated too. that's part of a higher level of discussion about the differences between the two games, of which there are more than I think one might expect of 2 games in the same genre. so many little design philosophies that make the games handle differently.

It's easy to make Dota2 more like League.

Rename Wraith King, Clockwerk, Spectre, Legion Commander to John, Dylan, Rosie and Nancy.

There, done.

Ratting with TB is so good.
Seeing the enemy team get confused on what they're going to do next puts a smile to my face.
smile.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does crimson guard block omnislash damage? Specifically the ult damage itself, not the right clicks during it?

Volodja

I dont think it reduces the dmg from physical spells. It doesnt reduce wd or dp ult
Damage block does block physical abilities. It just doesn't block some of them (among them exorcism and death ward).
Specifically it works with Omnislash jump damage.
Remember, however, that it is applied before armor, so if you have 50% physical reduction from armor, the active on Crimson Guard will only seem to block about 25 damage compared to when you don't have it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Damage block does block physical abilities. It just doesn't block some of them (among them exorcism and death ward).
Specifically it works with Omnislash jump damage.
Remember, however, that it is applied before armor, so if you have 50% physical reduction from armor, the active on Crimson Guard will only seem to block about 25 damage compared to when you don't have it.

So wait, it does block omni damage?

Volodja

So wait, it does block omni damage?
Yes, both the autoattacks in between and the jump damage.
The block without the guard ability is applied as well if it procs (obviously it isn't if the guard ability is active).
This is true for all physical abilities that aren't like shadow poison, death ward, exorcism and others that I don't recall right now. It does however work with shadow wave for example.

Manus

good lord, was ti4 really like that? i didnt watch much of it cause i didnt like what i saw form the beginning, but 16 ins gg? 25 mins gg? man that meta was so whack, worse times in dota for sure.

Yup. The finals even had a quicker GG called.

shira

Navi and PR to Starladder. Quel surpris

good lord, was ti4 really like that? i didnt watch much of it cause i didnt like what i saw form the beginning, but 16 mins gg? 25 mins gg? man that meta was so whack, worst times in dota for sure.

people were not happy with the push strats

Mordeccai

Well now its been more than 12 hours since the game happened and still cant download the replay. What can I do?

Yeah I had a game I wanted to review a few days ago that I felt I could really learn from, but I noticed when I went to download it a player's name was totally absent from Radiant side and it said the replay was unavailable. It still has not popped up.

Just gonna have to chalk it up to a loss I guess.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
You know i go and read the /vg/ Dota thread quite often, and if the quality of players is based on what i see posted there every day, this is going to be either the worst or the best tournament ever

The guy who organized the summer tournament did such an awful job informing players of their playtimes and matchups. I did not even get to play with my team because we were moved last second and i had a commitment. I think hehe united won the summer tournament (http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/teams/7275-hehe-united).

KingKong

uh yes of course he's responsible, he's the leader and he says it was his decision on twitter.

which is fine, but as Pie said

"i havent talk to any of them, its kinda weird really.."
"i just got 3 message from skype, and thats it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom