• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Third tweet is something out of Ikaruga I'm pretty sure of this.

shira

pVTfTqd.png

I have no idea why he would kick half his team for half of the TI4 Mouz lineup.

I can see if Aui wanted to leave, but yeesh. Mouz was shit.

52club

I've played a great deal as of late. I've also watched a decent amount of professional play as of late. I think at my MMR 3.0k-3.5k carries rule. I'm not 100% sure why that is but, I know it has gotten worse since the last patch. The professional play is a lot more entertaining when compared to the last TI, but it has caused the play at my level to devolve a bit in my opinion. I personally miss the days of the single rune.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Funny to see how EE kicks his teammates after all the shit he talked about tournaments and organizers and respect

This is a business, and dota is his job. He's got one goal, and that's to win, if that means switching around the roster every now and then, so be it. It has nothing to do with respect. Is it disrespectful every time someone is cut or traded in the NFL? No, that's the expectation that comes with the job.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
II think at my MMR 3.0k-3.5k carries rule.
At that level, players aren't very good at roaming and ganking so it all comes down to whose carries farmed better for the late game fights.
I'm not 100% sure why that is but, I know it has gotten worse since the last patch.
Nerf to early pushing and buffs to traditional hard carries means farming is more effective than it has been in a long time.

TheCrow

Aui and PLD were on the team for a long time and it just wasn't working. I'm guessing he saw an opportunity to pick up notail and he took it. And misery was probably better suited to play alongside notail.

"Puppey and KuroKy were considering to form a team with Pieliedie but I convinced him not to leave" - EE
A lot can change in a year.

Haunted

C9 doesn't have a manager?

oy vey

I hope Valve locks down these roster changes for the International soon. I knew all the teams at TI4, but I honestly don't know the team makeup of half of them today.

C9 doesn't have a manager?

oy vey

I hope Valve locks down these roster changes for the International soon. I knew all the teams at TI4, but I honestly don't know the team makeup of half of them today.
I think that's partially why all this trading stuff happened all of a sudden in the past month. The unofficial deadline is in the spring just going off what people have gotten away with in the past with invites.

That's part of ees problem with ti is nothing is spelled out and he wants a checklist of this is when your roster is stable by, this is how many tournaments you've won, this is how well you've placed, this is how many former ti attendees you have, and that's why we invited you. When instead it's probably just ten dudes who follow the scene who did it off "feel" or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aui and PLD were on the team for a long time and it just wasn't working. I'm guessing he saw an opportunity to pick up notail and he took it. And misery was probably better suited to play alongside notail.

A lot can change in a year.
While we only got to see a few games at the DAC Qualifers, I think Misery + Notail are a really good fit for the style C9 plays, and is a step up. Its a shame to lose Aui, but I feel PLD really was the weakest player. I think the current C9 is better then the TI4 one.

What I'm intrested in is if ether RTZ or Envy will move to Europe to be closer with to their teams, they would be able to stop playing on their rather large ping disadvantage, and not have to deal with being on vastly diffrent time zones.

I think this year is going to have a lot of Qualifer spots, I think Valve will only dirrectly invite like 8 to 10 teams this time around unless some more really stabilze.

TheCrow

While we only got to see a few games at the DAC Qualifers, I think Misery + Notail are a really good fit for the style C9 plays, and is a step up. Its a shame to lose Aui, but I feel PLD really was the weakest player. I think the current C9 is better then the TI4 one.

What I'm intrested in is if ether RTZ or Envy will move to Europe to be closer with to their teams, they would be able to stop playing on their rather large ping disadvantage, and not have to deal with being on vastly diffrent time zones.

I think this year is going to have a lot of Qualifer spots, I think Valve will only dirrectly invite like 8 teams this time around unless some more really stabilze.

Yeah, its really early but I also feel they have more potential now. Especially if they can get used to playing with each other. Changing support duos after having PLD + Aui for a year and a half has to be a challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing them in china.

I know for sure that RTZ wants to move at least to the east coast of canada so that should help with pings and practice.

TI invites are going to be interesting because as it looks right now there might not even be 10 or so teams worthy of direct invites. I guess if NA has to have an invite, then EG will be fine but DAC did want to rescind their invite after the roster changes. Of course this is still early and who knows who will get hot in the upcoming months.

You writing erotic fanfiction for them doesn't count as being their manager.
hush.gif

I think this year is going to have a lot of Qualifer spots, I think Valve will only dirrectly invite like 8 to 10 teams this time around unless some more really stabilze.

I agree. Think it's an improvement. And this from someone who loves aui's play.

Nymerio

I have a hard time coming up with enough teams that deserve a direct invite right now. I think the qualifiers will be interesting this year.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does EE really need to justify kicking pieliedie? That guys' fucking terrible.

kasane

Prolly change of playstyles

Remember when ee picked slark on esl where he just destroyed eg brcause they were playing balls to wall

Aui just afk farms and let ee do his thing

I have a hard time coming up with enough teams that deserve a direct invite right now. I think the qualifiers will be interesting this year.

VG, Newbee, EG, Secret, C9, LGD, EHOME, One or both of the VP teams

those would be my invites. I wouldn't expect them all to place well, though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ppd: I knew RTZ was going to leave the team when I subbed to his channel and he didn't sub to mine. Pretty fucked up thing...

Chris R

can someone explain to me what rat dota is?

You pick heroes like NP/Brood/Lycan/ect and teleport to a lane that is pushing close to the enemy base. Then you summon your treants/spiders/wolves and necro units, try to burst down the tower/rax and gtfo without dying

Hylian7

Basically "rat dota" was splitpushing around TI3, really popularized by N0Tail back when he was on Fnatic and Alliance.

The general idea is while your team is fucking around with a teamfight, Nature's Prophet is already taking the barracks by himself. Other heroes this was done with were heroes like Lone Druid, and when he first released to a degree, Terrorblade. "Rat Dota", or splitpush in general, has been nerfed a bit, mainly with the Glyph refresh when a T1 tower falls.

Razzer

The practice of split pushing taken to the extreme. You constantly focus on pushing out lanes and accumulating chip damage on towers, whilst scurrying away at the first sign of trouble like a rat, hence the name. Also, you may use the way it splits teams to pick them off solo. Usually requires heroes with very high mobility or global spells like Furion, Meepo etc. I believe the term comes from a game where Fnatic beat a Russian team this way and the Russians called them rats afterwards.

Also, I don't count naga style split push as rat as she's not scurrying away from danger, she just sends illusions to dangerous places.

Edit: I don't count super fast pushers as rat necessarily either. That's just normal splitpushing. In rat dota the fight doesn't happen in the first place.

Hylian7

The practice of split pushing taken to the extreme. You constantly focus on pushing out lanes and accumulating chip damage on towers, whilst scurrying away at the first sign of trouble like a rat, hence the name. Also, you may use the way it deprecates teams to pick them off solo. Usually requires heroes with very high mobility or global spells like Furion, Meepo etc. I believe the term comes from a game where Fnatic beat a Russian team this way and the Russians called them rats afterwards.

Also, I don't count naga style split push as rat as she's not scurrying away from danger, she just sends illusions to dangerous places.

But if Naga gets caught out she basically can just Song TP and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom