• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

So I've just thought of another feature I'd like to see at TI5.

Give me a ~20-30 minute "State of the Game" speech from Gabe/Valve before the finals, highlighting the stuff we can expect to have happen in the next year and then maybe bring out the people who work on the game we all love and hate to love so we can appreciate them.

Icefrog doesn't have to get on stage if he/she doesn't want

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Icefrog communicates entirely in patch notes and number tweaks.

Quesa

Icefrog communicates entirely in patch notes and number tweaks.

IceFrog Patch 6.84

-Added New Lover!

-Mrs. Icefrog name updated to Ms. IceFrog

Ms. IceFrog

-Husband count rescaled from 1/1/1/1 to 0/0/0/0
-Income reduced by 50% for the foreseeable future
-Current net worth increased by 50% due to prenuptial agreement
-Weekends are now totally open

Wok

Some people just spam the same hero over and over.

4FLIBry.png

I lose when I play with him.

I am glad I win when I play against him.

Razzer

IceFrog Patch 6.84

-Added New Lover!

-Mrs. Icefrog name updated to Ms. IceFrog

Ms. IceFrog

-Husband count rescaled from 1/1/1/1 to 0/0/0/0
-Income reduced by 50% for the foreseeable future
-Current net worth increased by 50% due to prenuptial agreement
-Weekends are now totally open
Lmao

Also the feature I wanna see at TI5 is a proper match of the day style analysis show that takes place after the main coverage each day. Last year a bunch of analysts/hosts/caster types were sorta not doing anything after the first phase. Put them to work Valve! I'm sure they would appreciate getting more chance to be in the spotlight. Maybe pros who've been knocked out can help if they feel up to it (not the day they get knocked out ofc).

G.ZZZ

Some lovely russian cyka tonight, 5k furions afk junglers that buy wards and place them in our base out of rage, also, everyone pick carry but can't play it on my team. Our mid puck was good but our team was so bad lol. Need to get 6k fast ResidentSleeper

Razzer

Some lovely russian cyka tonight, 5k furions afk junglers that buy wards and place them in our base out of rage, also, everyone pick carry but can't play it on my team. Our mid puck was good but our team was so bad lol. Need to get 6k fast ResidentSleeper
So how long till you go pro.

shira

So I've just thought of another feature I'd like to see at TI5.

Give me a ~20-30 minute "State of the Game" speech from Gabe/Valve before the finals, highlighting the stuff we can expect to have happen in the next year and then maybe bring out the people who work on the game we all love and hate to love so we can appreciate them.

Icefrog doesn't have to get on stage if he/she doesn't want

YYemxxp.png

Falk

that puzzling face
Is it time to start taking bets as to if TI5 will hit 10 million?

I mean, TI4 grand finals has to really sting.

Right?

Riiiiiight?

bounchfx

Is it time to start taking bets as to if TI5 will hit 10 million?

I mean, TI4 grand finals has to really sting.

Right?

Riiiiiight?

I feel like it can, I mean, the 'monthly' players has gone up around 1.3 million since last year. I do agree the grand finals were a huge disappointment but that's not really something they can control, plus there were lots of great games leading up to that point.

a lot of it though is going to determined by what valve offers in the compendium

Tieske

Neo Member

My experience has been the polar opposite in the same bracket, lotsa friendly dudes and the easiest mmr of my life tonight. I'm afraid i mightve jinxed it now tho

also hi dota gaf, first post here

Falk

that puzzling face
Game needs a few more ES-type heroes, especially on non-ult abilities. Heck you'd think LC making Captain's mode might have stemmed the popularity of illusion heroes somewhat.

It's interesting that the better I get the more I realize that properly playing a core at my level is so much more about itemization than actual mechanics. So many people are just blindly following guides or going for their build without any consideration for the composition of the other team or the state of the lanes/game.

EDIT: like this game, which I feel like we won even though nobody made any big plays or brilliant decisions, except for the other team getting 2 midases and having a weaker teamfight til it was way too late

Judging by pro streams, getting 6k just means you end up carrying three 4ks and a 3k versus a team of 5ks

G.ZZZ

This was the dumbest game in a while, Tiny is 5.5k, but this game felt like a 3k shitfest. Players constantly flaming in chat, mid oracle dagon going around in invi and solokilling people , shadowblade literally blade of invincibility because no one buy dusts out of spite BabyRage

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1161445849

Still won, Offlane troll EZ LIFE RTZFaec

EDIT: also i go on w33ha stream and spam -refresh. The dude is a genius, he got 10x the viewers of before with the move. -viewers 3000

idk, illusion heroes aren't too annoying because the vast majority of players (and all of them at my tier, including me) make it exceedingly obvious which is the real hero.

once you learn to look at the damage the various PLs are taking you can find the real one in under a second and shut him down pretty quick before most of your mana is gone, and most manta players just send their illusions down a lane and don't bother with fuckery beyond that

Demoli

Brood is literally free MMR if you see an enemy jungler/2 greedy supports/2 non aoe supports.

Sup Silencer pretty good too.

shira

C9 owner Jack Etienne said:
The players want to win and the remaining players on my roster made a decision to go with the team that gave them the best chances.

I'm on good terms with Pie and Aui. I hope to see them on teams they are happy with soon.

I’ve even offered to support them under Cloud9 if they want to make a new team. So technically, Pie and AUI are still on Cloud9 and I’m paying them until they find another team they want to be on. Or, if they want to make a new team with my help I will do that.
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/pieliedie-aui-2000-kicked/

wow, he's still paying them till they get settled

Hylian7

Steve tried that a long time ago if I remember correctly, and he ran into a problem as well.

Basically mine is where the cursor just goes off the screen on the right side. If I have it in fulllscreen mode and alt+tab ever, then the left and right camera pans get reversed.

Madouu

Magnus is also a fun hero that can easily have a big impact on the game, especially in pubs. I don't know why I don't see much of it in games but I do know that I've had a lot of success with the hero in recent times, I definitely recommend learning the hero.

Satch

Banned
i just got out of a game with a tinker that rushed linkens sphere after boots of travel (not even after blink) because there was a doom on the other team, and it made me think about how people generally try to solve their problems by buying specific defensive items but neuter their kill potential

it was interesting

i was mad as hell, but it was interesting

edit: there was a jugg too, but he didnt get a ghost scepter

i just got out of a game with a tinker that rushed linkens sphere after boots of travel (not even after blink) because there was a doom on the other team, and it made me think about how people generally try to solve their problems by buying specific defensive items but neuter their kill potential
From my experiences there's two types of players in pubs: the ones that want to stay alive at all costs and the ones that will try to kill someone at all costs. Pro players are the ones that can balance the two.

Chris R

So the ideal jugg build has been proven to be the 1 - 0 (1) - 1 - 1 with 4 (3) in stats right?

Then go phase/treads -> MoM -> Aghs? or just straight Aghs rush?

Hylian7

it was interesting

i was mad as hell, but it was interesting

edit: there was a jugg too, but he didnt get a ghost scepter

Sometimes this is necessary, but it really depends on the situation, like MKB for PA, BKB for almost anything, etc.

Mordeccai

So the ideal jugg build has been proven to be the 1 - 0 (1) - 1 - 1 with 4 (3) in stats right?

I mean, ideal from a damage per second stand point, sure. But fact is while the stats will make you a little bit beefier, that healing ward will give you Heart like regen for you and your partners and allow you to tower dive/survive ganks like nobodies business. And while bladefury falls off after about 20-25 minutes, it is a really good damage skill before you hit that point.

I know a MoM will let you farm jungle and lane like a boss but I still prefer going phase into maelstrom into aghs at least in my bracket.

Sometimes this is necessary, but it really depends on the situation, like MKB for PA, BKB for almost anything, etc.

I think you'd probably want to get it later on Tinker if you really have to get it. That's why Blink is Tinker's 2nd big item purchase; to allow you to skirt around the outside of fights and keep yourself safe when split pushing. It seems damn near impossible to me to catch Tinker with Doom if he's rotating around split pushing lanes.

Hylian7

I think you'd probably want to get it later on Tinker if you really have to get it. That's why Blink is Tinker's 2nd big item purchase; to allow you to skirt around the outside of fights and keep yourself safe when split pushing. It seems damn near impossible to me to catch Tinker with Doom if he's rotating around split pushing lanes.

Oh no, I wasn't suggesting getting it on Tinker at all, I was just talking in general about buying items to counter another hero defensively.

It's stupid strong if you have good supports. I love it but that extra str is countered by extra dmg from MoM so just make sure you don't get caught in any stuns.

It took me a while to get used to it, due to my usual reliance on Blade Fury.

Satch

Banned
i was just playing necro and trying to solo carry my team of idiots to a win and i was succeeding and then the lag came and then the game didnt count

why cant this shit happen when im about to lose? when im playing like shit???? always when im playing hard as fuck FUCK DOTA 2

inkls

i was just playing necro and trying to solo carry my team of idiots to a win and i was succeeding and then the lag came and then the game didnt count

why cant this shit happen when im about to lose? when im playing like shit???? always when im playing hard as fuck FUCK DOTA 2

Well it just happened to them. They were about to lose.

Satch

Banned
im actually so fucking upset

ive never carried so many feeders so hard before and theres no record of it

its time to uninstall duders

im actually so fucking upset

ive never carried so many feeders so hard before and theres no record of it

its time to uninstall duders

Honestly that's the worst feeling. 100% out of your hands and totally indifferent to the status of the game.

Like when you're playing an intense game of chess and your cat just sits down on the board and knocks everything over.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Look at those goat horns.

Obviously being saved for New Bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom