• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I wonder why it's so hard to get a chinese visa? I got mine easy when I applied, though my previous company did it, so I dunno the lengths they had to go through.

US work visa was the hardest shit ever lol

DrPizza

Banned

Only if your team understands what spider does and what spider is for. Where I play, in the trench, they do not. They do not understand that having 3 enemy heroes trying to remove the spider infestation gives them a ton of space in the other two lanes. They do not understand that spider can just sit in the lane by herself and does not need someone to babysit her. They do not understand that spider will threaten the enemy base if there is a teamfight elsewhere on the map.

Teams that understand what spider is for are great. But teams that think that spider should be played like any other hero ("OMG spider, y u no join teamfight?") are the pits.

Who has your favorite voice acting and lines?

My favorite is anti-mage

I like when your spamming a spell or phase boots with clock while they are on cool down. He says something like "I'm not ready".

He sounds so cranky and repeats it more frequently than what other hero's repeat lines.

Mordeccai

Hooooo boy. Just played a round with my friend with a Lina/Keeper duo lane. It did not end very well for the other team, infinite dragon slave spam. Won that match pretty handily.

What are your favorite cheese strats? We've had a lot of fun just pub lording it up and having my friend go keeper while I pick spammy heros like Zeus, Bristle, and Lina

I will never do PL/KOTL tho, that is straight up cancer and I refuse to be that guy

Razzer

Hooooo boy. Just played a round with my friend with a Lina/Keeper duo lane. It did not end very well for the other team, infinite dragon slave spam. Won that match pretty handily.

What are your favorite cheese strats? We've had a lot of fun just pub lording it up and having my friend go keeper while I pick spammy heros like Zeus, Bristle, and Lina

I will never do PL/KOTL tho, that is straight up cancer and I refuse to be that guy

I had to play vs shadow demon Kotl once. Never again.

Manus

Undying Necro lane, or Undying Silencer lane. When me and my stack do it I always feel so bad, but it's just so fun.

shira

ee talking about roster change on stream now

Text:
First of all, in the all roster changes, RTZ and Zai left, Notail was kicked, misery was not on team so he was not kicked, fly was kicked, Zai got asked to join secret, not RTZ (ONLY ZAI), but then Zai wouldn't leave unless someone else left. Zai didn't even want to leave, but then they lost and the team was toxic so he left with RTZ (wouldn't leave alone), secret didn't want RTZ but had to take both. Kicked notail as a result.
The C9 change was abrupt. I handled it badly at the end. The C9 change was because after TI, we were thinking of having 2 changes. first singsing and second PLD. Talked to PLD and told him if he changed things he could stay. For the next few months after every lan I felt like there were reasons to replace AUI and PIE and the team felt the same. This wasn't done because we had faith things would change. The team became too much like a family which is not good. I treat my mom really poorly and she treats me poorly too in a different way. She cooks be food and that's good but she'll get bitchy. she wouldn't treat anyone else the same and i wouldn't either. the team was playing too long and certain habits were toxic but couldn't change because we were to used to our environment.
After ESL NY, that was when I said we actually need a chance this team will not work out. We won't win anything like this. After that things changed for the better. Things were not optimal and some things were fixed, but when things got bad it went to how it originally was. Things were kind of being fixed but now and then when we lost or were about to lose, it would go back to how it originally was. Dreamhack was a fucking disaster. Everyone didn't give a fuck. At BTS people gave a fuck. After DH I wasted a change, but BTS changed that. I told my team i didn't want a change then. All of sudden we decided not to play SL and I league and that was huge because i needed one tournament to decide if my team could not be cancerous and win TI. But with these two tournaments it was hard to judge. We couldn't have a change after DAC because it might be too late you might lose your TI invites. I don't know how they work but it would be risky after DAC than BTS.
I still wasn't going to have a change. I didn't talk to notail or anybody when they had their change. Notail knew a month before that it was going to happen and so did I. I didn't talk to him then. Notail was kicked and then came to me. That was really impressive. HE came right away. When you get kicked from your team, you are way too sad or whatever. I thought that he would be too sad to play dota really, and from NOtails past interviews he talked about how he valued friendship. He wouldn't leave his team even if they sucked ass. For me that is absolute insanity. If you kick someone you are still friends if you are real friends. They wouldn't mind if you kicked them for a better team if you are real friends.
No tail came to me and the way he talked was extremely convincing that I wanted to play with him. After that AUI and PLD were kicked.
It was done really poorly. The reason to why I told them over skype is because i wanted them to know ASAP. AUI actually gave me the contact of Notail. He indirectly knew it was going to happen. T Hey were both AFK when I messaged them, so i invited them to group on skype and told them that way. That was horrible idea for PLD because he didn't have any clue what was happening. I should have told him alone.
I didn't even tell them the reason why. But they should have known since we were discussing it for the last few months.
That is all.
Misery was not involved. It was me, bone and FATA discussing who we could play with. After much discussion we decided to play with Misery.
I considered PLD amazing at Dota, but now I consider him really shit. AUI is still amazing though. They'll be fine - at least AUI will be fine. HE's a really strong character and won't go emo. PLD might go emo though. He had a really hard time recovering before.

lol pie you shit now eesama shines on you one day the next he shit on you from great heights.

I am going to be in France for three months, there are maid cafes here right and anime?

shira

lol pie you shit now eesama shines on you one day the next he shit on you from great heights.

I am going to be in France for three months, there are maid cafes here right and anime?

don't you mean cat cafes?
[pounce]
54GStNB.jpg

Qvoth

was pld ever that bad though? i don't watch c9 too much
i remember c9 had one game with a BH that kept killing the enemy courier quite some time ago, who was that? pld right?

was pld ever that bad though? i don't watch c9 too much
i remember c9 had one game with a BH that kept killing the enemy courier quite some time ago, who was that? pld right?

PLD is a fine support. And yeah, he plays a solid BH. Issue is that he didn't synergize well with C9's team. PLD just isn't consistently solid enough in a complimentary manner to the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom