• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
man you win by destroying the fountain

ive been playing wrong the whole time

You could do this in 5.84c, couldn't you?

Along with hilarious shit like using BKB to attack your own throne since the game turned you into a chicken to prevent friendly fire.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
eeek

i meant the ancient

a flop mess

i mean it's not like it's in the name or anything

[edit] also one of my housemates keeps buying unsalted butter

UNSALTED BUTTER

what kind of cretin buys unsalted butter

ugh

Chris R

So if I request for two items back from dota2lounge but when they go to trade them back to me only one shows up I shouldn't accept the trade right? Or do I need to do multiple trades because the bot who is doing the trade doesn't have access to both items at that moment?

So if I request for two items back from dota2lounge but when they go to trade them back to me only one shows up I shouldn't accept the trade right? Or do I need to do multiple trades because the bot who is doing the trade doesn't have access to both items at that moment?
the latter

Out of curiosity, what is the strangest hero you've all ever used in ranked? Specifically, strangest that you've used that others have pointed out is strange.

I main Techies so the reactions I get are typically anywhere from "you're going to lose the match for us" to my team just quitting while picking...

is tp during storm zip too strong

dunno if it should be nerfed

Out of curiosity, what is the strangest hero you've all ever used in ranked? Specifically, strangest that you've used that others have pointed out is strange.

I main Techies so the reactions I get are typically anywhere from "you're going to lose the match for us" to my team just quitting while picking...

typically the more difficult to play a hero is the more i wanna die when i see it picked

sometimes my team question me when I say I want mid with something like antimage

People hate techies cause the hero is incredibly one-dimensional (place mine, hope) and is easily countered by a high range hero and a gem. People who just pick techies without having a super farm-reliant carry tend to elicit negative reactions.

Fuck it. I should learn techies.

Any tips.

They're incredibly fun and useful if you don't just plant mines and wait. Be proactive and always moving between lanes. Trap the runes, trap the jungles, trap rosh, trap the shops. You can use Remote Mines as projectiles is you detonate them fast enough. Never let the enemy kill you, just suicide every time youre about to die. Oh, and mana regen is your best friend,

They're incredibly fun and useful if you don't just plant mines and wait. Be proactive and always moving between lanes. Trap the runes, trap the jungles, trap rosh, trap the shops. You can use Remote Mines as projectiles is you detonate them fast enough. Never let the enemy kill you, just suicide every time youre about to die. Oh, and mana regen is your best friend,

also, when placing mines: Think of the places that would piss you off the most if an enemy techies put mines there. That's the best spot.

shira

Stats techies is best techies

suicide is filth

Learn to use the stun ward with the cooldowns and spacings and can have AOE permastun

- easy, early rosh with a medallion and a tank/lifesteal/heal
- totally op if you can set a fight location on your own terms

Qvoth

new patch made qop's butt bigger

9W3j8j6.jpg

haha

Mordeccai

Nyx is such a good hero. Took me a few months to finally understand him... in my noob days I felt like he required a dagon to do anything. But the Nyx is so much more.

Nyx is such a good hero. Took me a few months to finally understand him... in my noob days I felt like he required a dagon to do anything. But the Nyx is so much more.

I think for (my mmr) pubbing, dagon is still the best, though. I like arcanes -> dagon 1 -> blink -> dagon5/eblade/support items (force staff, hex, etc.)

Mordeccai

I'm trying to learn qop and it's really annoying to have some one run into fog and cancel the dagger strike. Doesnt help that the past three matches with her I've had the supports feed like crazy. Lately, dazzle was 3-18, Terrorblade was 1-11 with 30 mins treads PMS and Yasha, and Windrunner was also 1-11. I gank all the lanes and make so much space and team doesnt do shit with it.

Then they yell in all chat "report qop for jungling" when we cant see anyone on the map and I'm 1k away from sheep.

Mordeccai

Position 5 support sucks hard. If I have to do it I make sure I pick disruptor, hero is a beast with just brown boots and a wand.

But it is kind of satisfying to know at the end of the game that the team won on your back, buying all the wards and dust and shit. Even if it's usually thankless.

Chris R

Position 5 support sucks hard. If I have to do it I make sure I pick disruptor, hero is a beast with just brown boots and a wand.

But it is kind of satisfying to know at the end of the game that the team won on your back, buying all the wards and dust and shit. Even if it's usually thankless.

I just had a kotl game where I was able to keep two lanes of super creeps off the T4s for ~15 minutes until their team came to us and we team wiped them over and over. kotl's force bomb or whatever it's called is nice to use on Earthshaker and the like that depend on multiple skills after they blink in

I've found playing a support has way more to do with understanding the skill level and general tendencies of the cores you are supporting than actually knowing what the "ideal" support should do, in contrast to cores whose jobs are usually fairly straightforward. I think the suggestion of buying the first two set of wards and seeing if your team can actually use vision intelligently before deciding to buy them for the rest of the game is a good idea, plus I can probably roam more and help out people even if they aren't losing their lanes, even if I'm getting completely uncontested pulls and jungle farm while my carry isn't being pressured.

Chris R

be sure to thank your supports if they do a good job

we really do appreciate it

even just a "hey thanks for that ward there" would suffice

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

FFS I can't buy any more, we are out of stock, stop fucking feeding their carry, the lack of vision on our safe lane didn't cause you to die

Then I get reported for playing a support while the carry sucks ass

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

FFS I can't buy any more, we are out of stock, stop fucking feeding their carry, the lack of vision on our safe lane didn't cause you to die

At the same time if he got ganked in the safelane it means that the enemy got all the way to your jungle and lane without getting spotted. But if there was a ward which saw them coming you should ping your carry and tell him to "BAAAAAAAAACK" . If he still didnt back and died and flamed you just ping your wards and mute him.

Jakiro son.

I love Disruptor (he's probably my most played hero) but Jakiro can help destroy towers, has a low cd stun, and slow.

Probably the best support in Dota 2.

Acinixys

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

- WE NEED WARDS

Your jungle + ancients + rosh are warded

YouR carry dies in THEIR jungle to a 5 man gank

gg noob support no wards report pls

Mordeccai

I just had a kotl game where I was able to keep two lanes of super creeps off the T4s for ~15 minutes until their team came to us and we team wiped them over and over. kotl's force bomb or whatever it's called is nice to use on Earthshaker and the like that depend on multiple skills after they blink in

Heh last night I played an hour and 30 minute match that went like this, we had a tiny, I was necro, my friend was KOTL, they couldn't break our base. We held them off from breaking high ground for 35 minutes. Aghs refresher was doing some work but our damn wraith king decided to go solo rosh when they had it warded, my kotl friend followed and got rekt, and then they pushed for the win.

I've found playing a support has way more to do with understanding the skill level and general tendencies of the cores you are supporting than actually knowing what the "ideal" support should do, in contrast to cores whose jobs are usually fairly straightforward. I think the suggestion of buying the first two set of wards and seeing if your team can actually use vision intelligently before deciding to buy them for the rest of the game is a good idea, plus I can probably roam more and help out people even if they aren't losing their lanes, even if I'm getting completely uncontested pulls and jungle farm while my carry isn't being pressured.

It's definitely much harder. A buddy I que with says supporting is more relaxing to him, but it's much more stressful for me. You have to try to keep all your idiots alive and have a much greater awareness of the potential for fights to break out so you can always be there to help.

I know we're in for a fun game when nobody on my team wants to contest the 0:00 runes.
Jakiro son.

I love Disruptor (he's probably my most played hero) but Jakiro can help destroy towers, has a low cd stun, and slow.

Probably the best support in Dota 2.

I haven't played much Jakiro but I might start. From what I've seen he can even transition into a semi-carry if he gets big enough and ALL his spells have such a ridiculously low cool down.

ViviOggi

Heh last night I played an hour and 30 minute match that went like this, we had a tiny, I was necro, my friend was KOTL, they couldn't break our base. We held them off from breaking high ground for 35 minutes. Aghs refresher was doing some work but our damn wraith king decided to go solo rosh when they had it warded, my kotl friend followed and got rekt, and then they pushed for the win.
That could have been a smart move with a smoke

The shit publords think they can get away with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom