• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

I don't get this Manta on Ember. The entire point of the item on the hero is to dispell silences and slows, which the enemy team have None bar Curse of Avernus and Skewer.

Essentially burning up an item slot.

Yeah, didnt understand the logic of it.

I don't get this Manta on Ember. The entire point of the item on the hero is to dispell silences and slows, which the enemy team have None bar Curse of Avernus and Skewer.

Essentially burning up an item slot.

it was probably the suggested item in the guide qo was using

xanavi

I mean you could disjoint venge stun with it but I think QO wanted to both tank up and split-push.

He could leave the illusions in lane and get back to the fights I guess?

didnt have much base damage from his other items, a 2nd bfury would have helped more imo. Its much easier to disjoint venge stun with his 2 other abilities than with manta.

Of course it's not optimal but to me it looks a lot like manta on PA where the illusions can crit.

Aui might have been intentionally misleading us but he did mention that split-push aspect as one of the reasons envy will go manta on PA.

Also, I don't think moving to fire remnants strictly disjoint projectiles. I feel like I've been hit before after jumping.

inkls

I mean you could disjoint venge stun with it but I think QO wanted to both tank up and split-push.

He could leave the illusions in lane and get back to the fights I guess?

didnt have much base damage from his other items, a 2nd bfury would have helped more imo. Its much easier to disjoint venge stun with his 2 other abilities than with manta.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So this new Starladder Season X courier just showed up on the workshop...
mkvIsoj.png
iduVWEZ.jpg

The earlier submission for the grillhound courier was removed from the workshop. I liked that courier much better actually except for the fact that it was just a one headed version of the Grillhound from Season V.

I was personally a fan of 1 Headed Grill Hound to. Oh well.

I wonder where Vlat got the model, he is listed as the creator so I assume he hired some 3D modeler to make it. Looks like its Alchemist Themed based off the workshop video.

Looks like we will finally get the Gyrotechnics set this year, the workshop artiest put up a new loading screen.

I still think we are getting Source 2 with New Bloom, but maybe I'm just crazy.

inkls

Of course it's not optimal but to me it looks a lot like manta on PA where the illusions can crit.

Aui might have been intentionally misleading us but he did mention that split-push aspect as one of the reasons envy will go manta on PA.

Also, I don't think moving to fire remnants strictly disjoint projectiles. I feel like I've been hit before after jumping.

what makes pa illusion strong for splitpush is the evasion too.

Big Dog

I was personally a fan of 1 Headed Grill Hound to. Oh well.

I wonder where Vlat got the model, he is listed as the creator so I assume he hired some 3D modeler to make it. Looks like its Alchemist Themed based off the workshop video.

Looks like we will finally get the Gyrotechnics set this year, the workshop artiest put up a new loading screen.

I still think we are getting Source 2 with New Bloom, but maybe I'm just crazy.

Yeah I can only assume he just submits them under his own name to simplify communications when it comes to Valve accepting those items into the game. I wonder what they will do if people don't like this courier either. Third times the charm?

I also think that the subreddit who have spent all of their time whining about no SLX courier also do not understand that if they do want the courier to become a reality they must "like" the submission in the workshop. I wonder if there is enough emphasis by Valve in telling people that voting on submissions plays an actual part in accepting or denying sets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, do you guys think we will get our big hat patch this week, or Monday? Dota Pit starts up on Monday, and has a ton of hats for it.

Also, New Bloom is going to start up really damn soon, like 2 to 3 weeks.

shira

So, do you guys think we will get our big hat patch this week, or Monday? Dota Pit starts up on Monday, and has a ton of hats for it.

Also, New Bloom is going to start up really damn soon, like 2 to 3 weeks.

Friday and 1AM EST Tuesday are the new patch days.

i think this too many tournaments and too tight schedules scare we went through a month ago is a net positive

i mean nip vs power rangers at starladder

these "tier 2" teams getting lan experience because all the "tier 1" teams had dropped out

i understand envys complaints about feeling the need to constantly participate to secure a ti invite but lets be real you have an invite for ti5 envy, youre fine right now youre just still paranoid after ti3

opening up more tournaments so that not everyone plays every one but some participate in some and some in others give a lot of other teams plenty of more spotlight and chances to play and surprise some

i think its overall going to make the scene healthier

kvk1

An year of listening to Zyori and other awful casters, but this is what finally gave me ear cancer. Thanks!

You could've just left it at "now I have ear cancer."

But you went back and edited it to make it worse.

You're a real piece of work m8.

REAL PIECE OF WORK.

KingKong

somebody needs to tell Zyori that he doesnt have to talk the entire damn game especially when he has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say

Acinixys

Juggernaut suits XBOCT very nicely. I've said before that heroes like Bloodseeker (pre 6.82) and Bristleback where he can just run around and do damage instead of being more careful would work well with him.

I agree

When XBOXT gets lame farming shit like Luna/Weaver/Doom etc he tries to YOLO all the time and get rekt

But lately hes been given SUPER YOLO heros like Troll/Dusa/PA/Juggs/Slardar who can and want to fight 24/7

Its made a big difference

inkls

nip seems like a better team compared to pr, apart from the throw during the last game they've been solid during that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom