• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

sigh come on casters, super silent during fogged absolutely huge earth spike that pretty much saved the fight for FIRE and then they get all hyped up shouting their lungs out when jugg comes in and presses R.

Actually, it's sorta nice that the big teams didn't go to starladder, because the CIS teams and the tier 2 teams like Fire and Na'Vi are getting really good exposure

Madouu

ixmike played well, initiating on the right target at the right times is a skill very undervalued but MVP of both matches would have to go to TC in my opinion. Also, Hylian I recommend that you watch how fogged plays lion from his perspective, I'm sure you will learn one thing or two and realize how strong support can be.

this game feels like one of my pubs. You get a massive carry with a huge lead but somehow you just can't manage to get the win no matter how hard you fight

Someone forgot eastern teams.

T1: VG IG LGD CEDC BigGod newbee, EHOME
T2: DK, SPG, HGT, TongFu, IMG

SEA teams...hmm..I don't follow that scene but
T1: MVP,First Departure, RAVE, Team KS(?)..
T2 everyone else

*I think the gap between T1 and T2 in china is smaller than in the west. and tier 1 SEA is like tier 2 china.

inkls

I wonder if the pace at which valve breaks down hero models will go faster after they finish moving dota 2 to source 2

I need some sets for undying, troll warlord, zeus, etc.

abunai

TI4 was already pretty dominant

all 5 teams in top 8, 3 of top 4 including the two finalists

This is true, I just have a stronger memory of TI2 being 'china dominated' because I couldn't see much of TI4. Oh well.

I enjoy watching VG these days and maybe C9/Secret can do something, it'll be a hype tournament anyway (hopefully).

kvk1

The grave.

7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Demoli

God i hate this recent trend of Stats Jugg. I'd much rather have the quivalente damage as AoE Rather then bank everything on Omnislash.

Heh last night I played an hour and 30 minute match that went like this, we had a tiny, I was necro, my friend was KOTL, they couldn't break our base. We held them off from breaking high ground for 35 minutes. Aghs refresher was doing some work but our damn wraith king decided to go solo rosh when they had it warded, my kotl friend followed and got rekt, and then they pushed for the win.

It's definitely much harder. A buddy I que with says supporting is more relaxing to him, but it's much more stressful for me. You have to try to keep all your idiots alive and have a much greater awareness of the potential for fights to break out so you can always be there to help.

I know we're in for a fun game when nobody on my team wants to contest the 0:00 runes.

I haven't played much Jakiro but I might start. From what I've seen he can even transition into a semi-carry if he gets big enough and ALL his spells have such a ridiculously low cool down.

Yeah, and you can pretty much farm with his ulti thanks to its quick cd. It can actually be used against catapults.

Didn't watch lots of tournaments until now, but shouldn't those teams be in others rooms and not sit right in front of a big screen where they can see where the players of the other team are right now? That's why they sit in boxes at the TI, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom