• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abunai

Didn't watch lots of tournaments until now, but shouldn't those teams be in others rooms and not sit right in front of a big screen where they can see where the players of the other team are right now? That's why they sit in boxes at the TI, right?

On tournaments with stages such as Starladder, there's usually referees sitting behind the players so that the coaches/players don't use anything foul. They also have industrial noise cancelling earphones over their own personal earbuds. It's decent but the boxes are better, for sure.

Chris R

If Starladder moved further west for it's next lan I actually might buy a ticket for a change. Games are on too early in the morning :(

shira

Didn't watch lots of tournaments until now, but shouldn't those teams be in others rooms and not sit right in front of a big screen where they can see where the players of the other team are right now? That's why they sit in boxes at the TI, right?

The TI booths are custom made by Valve. They cost like a hundred thousand and weigh a tonne. That's some pretty high-end shit for a LAN cafe in Ukraine.

AFAIK they only have the booths in dedicated eSports arenas or companies.

IIRC LOL World finals don't booth.

On tournaments with stages such as Starladder, there's usually referees sitting behind the players so that the coaches/players don't use anything foul. They also have industrial noise cancelling earphones over their own personal earbuds. It's decent but the boxes are better, for sure.

The TI booths are custom made by Valve. They cost like a hundred thousand and weigh a tonne. That's some pretty high-end shit for a LAN cafe in Ukraine.

AFAIK they only have the booths in dedicated eSports arenas or companies.

IIRC LOL World finals don't booth.

Interesting, thanks.

ksan

era's movement in fights is pretty ridic
otherwise its not a great display of skill, but damn fun to watch
minus armor best armor

they should have shadow fiend instead of ember tho :(

i dont think more -armor after amplify and goo is really necessary, not that efficient dmg :p

Radec

Holy fuck at that fight.
KuGsj.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
This game

This game keeps giving harder and harder

You could fill out a whole "best of LAN" reel with this one game

Im not watching due to work, but are they rolling with my dream armor theroycraft team of Bristle, Slar, VS, Dazzle, SF?

witch doctor, bristle, ember with a deso, wisp, and slardar

if you wanna see your team stevewinwoodstack ran exactly that like 3 times in that gb tournament because i had a hard on for minus armor stuff at the time

╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝
╔( ◉_◉)╝ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉ )╗
╚(◉_◉)╝ ╔(◉_◉)╗ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝ ╚(◉_◉ )╗ ╔( ◉_◉)╝

MOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLYMOLLY

Mordeccai

Vanguard first slardar wut.

Every slardar I see in my pub matches does this shit and it makes me mad. I have yet to see one of them build a blink and I'm always left thinking if they have a mental handicap.

Speaking of that, last night we had a dark seer on our team who randomed it in RD as he ran out of time. The guys speech was MASSIVELY slurred and he couldn't form coherent sentences. He bought two couriers and was mumbling something about being the worlds best support. We asked if he was high or drunk and he said "you guys are some stupids for thinking of drugs"

At 6 minutes he came to my top lane when he saw there were 4 heros trying to gank. We had wards up and full vision. He runs straight into 4 with surge and ion shell on his head and I don't follow him, neither does my support. Dude then starts screaming in the mic SLARK DO YOU HAVE MAP AWARENESS. DO YOU SEE THE ENEMIES ON MAP. I responded it was a stupid fight to take and he ran in to die.

Then he spams GG in all chat and says he's done being worlds best support and runs into the Huskar at mid five times before eventually typing 'here you go fuckers' and abandoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom