• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

I don't think Slark need to be nerfed even more. Maybe like 10 more secs cd on ulti. Even a slight nerf on ulti duration would destroy the hero, some more damage nerf on his skills would keep him playable.

I think Jugg will get another slight nerf because as of now the hero's just too versatile and hard to counter in general. He's sorta like a slightly worse slark that farm two-three times as fast. Also, his skills all scale so badly and in general i dislike heroes whose best skillbuild involve taking stats early. I think he'll get a rescale on its skills, ward probably from 2-3-4-5 to 1-2-3-5, and spin having some sort of scaling bonus (i was thinking something like you can attack while you spin but your damage is reduced by 100/80/60/40%, meaning you can't push as well as you can now with it, but it's way more useful to level up and in lategame).

Brood is sorta broken in pubs because it force you to pick mass AoE or lose a lane and then get rolled. But i doubt Icefraud will touch her. She ain't picked because everyone pick AXE now and whatever.

Earth spirit and Meepo are the biggest cancers of the first pages. Most of the top tier MMR players abuse either Earth ( Keem, Yond), Meepo (a 7.5k US player that queue on EUW whose name now i don't remember) or both (w33). It isn't a problem for 99% of the dota players but whenever a player above 6k pick one of those heroes you know that your game will be a disaster. Meepo come out of the jungle with 15 min blink aghs and simply murder everyone, while earth spirit consistently win 1vs2 lanes and then cast AoE finger of deaths that silence half your team in the midgame. Earth need a nerf on lvl1-2 of ulti and possibly of his kill potential at lvl 3, and Meepo need probably a scale on cd respawn reduction and maybe a nerf on shared stats aghs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Every grand final I've watched since TI4 has been miles better than TI4 grand finals.

(I get lucky sometimes)

I don't think Slark need to be nerfed even more. Maybe like 10 more secs cd on ulti. Even a slight nerf on ulti duration would destroy the hero, some more damage nerf on his skills would keep him playable.

I think Jugg will get another slight nerf because as of now the hero's just too versatile and hard to counter in general. He's sorta like a slightly worse slark that farm two-three times as fast. Also, his skills all scale so badly and in general i dislike heroes whose best skillbuild involve taking stats early. I think he'll get a rescale on its skills, ward probably from 2-3-4-5 to 1-2-3-5, and spin having some sort of scaling bonus (i was thinking something like you can attack while you spin but your damage is reduced by 100/80/60/40%, meaning you can't push as well as you can now with it, but it's way more useful to level up and in lategame).

Brood is sorta broken in pubs because it force you to pick mass AoE or lose a lane and then get rolled. But i doubt Icefraud will touch her. She ain't picked because everyone pick AXE now and whatever.

Earth spirit and Meepo are the biggest cancers of the first pages. Most of the top tier MMR players abuse either Earth ( Keem, Yond), Meepo (a 7.5k US player that queue on EUW whose name now i don't remember) or both (w33). It isn't a problem for 99% of the dota players but whenever a player above 6k pick one of those heroes you know that your game will be a disaster. Meepo come out of the jungle with 15 min blink aghs and simply murder everyone, while earth spirit consistently win 1vs2 lanes and then cast AoE finger of deaths that silence half your team in the midgame. Earth need a nerf on lvl1-2 of ulti and possibly of his kill potential at lvl 3, and Meepo need probably a scale on cd respawn reduction and maybe a nerf on shared stats aghs.

I agree with all of that, but I don't think a nerf to his ult would make him unplayable; it'd make him more honest and force him to make better decisions about how to time it in fights. I'd prefer Haly's nerfs to any sort of damage nerf. the damage from his skills aren't the issue anyway. it's their cost and/or cooldown of them. An HP (str) nerf helps quite a bit. I'd still like to see his cooldowns raised or mana cost increased, though.

Milabrega

Just tuned in to see that hero swap.

And to join the conversation from a few pages back, Catalyst Cap is the only Lina item a person needs.

bbd23

aeolist

Banned
i'm glad there weren't any really top tier teams playing this lan, everyone made some crazy mistakes and if someone had been able to consistently take advantage of that it would have been kinda boring

Anno

That final offensive force staff on Illidan out of the trees into the RP was crazy, then the grave on him that nearly killed everyone with Dispersion.

So. I love Illidan but,

- Forgetting you don't get to keep free pathing on Spectre if you leave the dagger trail, getting stuck in the trees multiple times.

- Spent all that money on refresher and did next to no damage with either ult.

- Not there to pick up the aegis leading to the theft that should have never happened.

The Illidan giveth; the Illidan taketh away.

aeolist

Banned
So. I love Illidan but,

- Forgetting you don't get to keep free pathing on Spectre if you leave the dagger trail, getting stuck in the trees multiple times.

- Spent all that money on refresher and did next to no damage with either ult.

- Not there to pick up the aegis leading to the theft that should have never happened.

The Illidan giveth; the Illidan taketh away.

mag stood next to the aegis for a good 5 seconds, even after the dire came in after it. if he had gotten hold of that extra life it could have made a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom