• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Not there to pick up the aegis leading to the theft that should have never happened.

That was the entire team's fault, you see Empire coming, you can't just leave it there waiting for Illidan. That thing sat there for at least 5 seconds. Night Stalker just stood there looking at it.

I've never been a fan of Illidan, but he's really improved since last year where he was consistently awful at TI4 qualifiers.

mag stood next to the aegis for a good 5 seconds, even after the dire came in after it. if he had gotten hold of that extra life it could have made a big difference.

yea. I think they panicked. they knew who they wanted it on but he didn't get there fast enough.

helluva effort from all involved. I look forward to seeing both at the TI5 main event.

That was the entire team's fault, you see Empire coming, you can't just leave it there waiting for Illidan. That thing sat there for at least 5 seconds. Night Stalker just stood there looking at it.
what can I say? pressure bursts pipes. sometimes you just get that paralysis.

I've never been a fan of Illidan, but he's really improved since last year where he was consistently awful at TI4 qualifiers.
I'm gonna be honest: put him on anything but Slark these days and he becomes *objectively* less impressive. He's a fantastic carry player, but when Slark gets nerfed I don't think he'll be nearly as prolific as he's recently become. he's solid...but being really good on one of the most broken heroes in recent memory may be skewing our perspective.

Milabrega

Sorry about my DC last night, net crapped up and only managed to log in again at 2 am. And it was going so well :/

Real fucking shame cuz I fucking rekt them.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1170624233

But in the end I'm not enough to hold back that whole lineup. You should watch the game, amazing plays by me. Milk wanted to let the game go like 20mins in but we almost won in the end.

Yep Rez put the team on his back hard with Madouu micro'ng you very well. I did want to quit out since Vol was waiting to join and not being able to item up the void we were slowly losing. A shame that was one of the smoothest and well executed matches in a gafpubstack ever. UsEast nightly DDos kicked in the game that followed.

sixghost

yea. I think they panicked. they knew who they wanted it on but he didn't get there fast enough.

helluva effort from all involved. I look forward to seeing both at the TI5 main event.

what can I say? pressure bursts pipes. sometimes you just get that paralysis.

I'm gonna be honest: put him on anything but Slark these days and he becomes *objectively* less impressive. He's a fantastic carry player, but when Slark gets nerfed I don't think he'll be nearly as prolific as he's recently become. he's solid...but being really good on one of the most broken heroes in recent memory may be skewing our perspective.
His AM is pretty awesome as well.

shira

how the fuck did navi knock out empire from DAC ?!

15699-6333-navi-zerogravity.jpg

Tier C IS dota.

His AM is pretty awesome as well.

it certainly is. his naga is top tier as well, iirc. I can't think of too many more heroes I've seen him carry really well with, but yea he's amazing with those 3. That said, his naga and AM he's not going to run over you early/mid game in team fights. they may clean up, but they won't be going out and getting double kills sub-10 minutes and picking off supports with extreme regularity. slark runs over you early, mid AND late game. it's just the reality with the current implementation of the hero. I can't even remember the last time I saw him loose with Slark.

It's such a dilemma. I love the arcana's particle effects, but don't really care for its appearance. Catalyst Cap rules. Wish I could bind the effects to the Catalyst Cap.
speaking of, I wonder if/when that fire skirt is going to be released more broadly. It's only out in Genuine quality, I believe. I can't think of too many non-immortals that weren't re-released in different qualities.

I thought Illidan had a decent Gyro as well, might be confusing him with someone else though

it's pretty decent, but last time I saw him play it VP got rekt. Not because he farmed poorly or anything, though. Just a series of outplays. This was maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago.

I think Xboct has the best Gyro in the West. I'm surprised Na'Vi doesn't pick it for him more often, tbh.

yay! won a game with enigma. One step closer to bringing that 40% wr to > 50%

Also, troll + Alch is ludicrous.

Checked dotabuff+ and it was 7:13 mek + soul ring
kreygasm.png

Hylian7

The Dota Difference Vol. 18 - Brew Pt 1 of 2: http://youtu.be/57FwMbQfsl0

This was interesting. I didn't know that Brew was technically invisible and following the Earth panda. I thought the game technically made him the Earth panda, then passing him to Storm and Fire if Earth dies. Interesting how Chen can screw him out of the auras (or save him)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Eeeh, he has it's ups and downs.

For every Batrider and Brew there's a Sylla and a Post TI2 morphling.

Sylla was never really nerfed into the ground. I'd say the offlane changes and opening it up to more heroes than just ds/LD hurt LD more than any direct nerf he received. I think saying LD was nerfed into the ground is akin to saying Luna was nerfed into the ground because of a -4 base agi change. Heroes disappear/fall-off for more reasons beyond the direct nerfs/buffs.

Also ehome has put sylla to great use in the Chinese scene.

G.ZZZ

Holy shit it's been a while since i watched Forsen stream on twitch and it's still as awesome as awesome as ever i die everytime oh god

Big Dog

US East is completely broken. All 4 games of mine today have become "Safe to leave due to connections" after 20 something minutes. Incredibly frustrating to play for that amount of time and then have it be like the games never happened.

Quesa

Wow I played 4 games today, and the 3 that my team had the definitive lead were not counted.

Coincidence?

I had two games that weren't counted this weekend, but both were not counted in my favor :)

Just played another game I was gonna lose but didn't count! It's like valve's servers are my guardian angel. Also, not playing for a while cuz fuck this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom