• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is axe the new pre-nerf doom?
Not really but he is still going to get nerfed.
rage.gif

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Nowhere near as bullshit.

Axe is still kinda bullshit. Whenever I play against him I'm too scared to initiate a fight unless I know where he is. And still a 3 second aoe disable on a 10 second cd is really powerful. Aghs on Axe is bullshit too killing a hero instantly at 600 hp is scary.

Razzer

Axe is strong, but if you pick a bunch ranged heroes he's much less threatening, provided your positioning isn't dogshit. And whilst you could say what if we picked melee heroes, well then you got countered, dota's like that. Pre nerf Doom was an unstoppable -1 hero machine. You can't counter that shit. Even post nerf he can do that, just he's easier to crush in other ways.

Edit: Necro is a much better analogue to Doom, he shuts down all heroes equally via his ult and if he catches you it's kind of like, welp -1 for ages.

Demoli

Axe is strong, but if you pick a bunch ranged heroes he's much less threatening, provided your positioning isn't dogshit. And whilst you could say what if we picked melee heroes, well then you got countered, dota's like that. Pre nerf Doom was an unstoppable -1 hero machine. You can't counter that shit. Even post nerf he can do that, just he's easier to crush in other ways.

Edit: Necro is a much better analogue to Doom, he shuts down all heroes equally via his ult and if he catches you it's kind of like, welp -1 for ages.

I dont agree. Many ranged heroes rely o distance to properly kite the enemies and Axe completely bypasses that with Blink Call and Culling Blade MS buff

Dunno, Brew has been around for a while and Batrider was super bullshit for a year and a half.

Brew isn't as hard to deal with after the anti-push patch.

Batrider has been nerfed in every patch. They can't do anything else to him outside of either changing his ult entirely or making it so that lasso won't drag the enemy with Force Staff. Either way, Bat isn't even pick/ban material except against a few team these days. He's fine, imo.

Slark on the other hand...

slark got buffed??

they broke him when they made him effectively invulnerable when ulted. It simply scales way too well late game, as Illidan reminds the world every time they let him have the hero. Either change the ult back to allowing true sight to penetrate the cloud or raise his cooldowns, IMO.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Lets try and make Slark not so OP. I think that Dark Pact mana cost at all levels at 50 mana, pounce at 80 mana, and Shadow dance at 3.5/4/4.5 sec on a 75 second cooldown. Nerfs his early and mid-game a bit because of higher mana costs and slightly reduced duration on his ult.

Lets try and make Slark not so OP. I think that Dark Pact mana cost at all levels at 50 mana, pounce at 80 mana, and Shadow dance at 3.5/4/4.5 sec on a 75 second cooldown. Nerfs his early and mid-game a bit because of higher mana costs and slightly reduced duration on his ult.

this would be better, imo. tbh, shadow dance could be 3/3.5/4. fuck that ability.

dark pact I'd like to see with a higher cooldown. it's too strong an ability to be available every 4 or 5 seconds. it purges too many very expensive skills. I feel like it breaks balance being able to purge spells that cost 3x as much with only a few seconds of cooldown. or maybe increase the self-damage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My suggestion:

Slark
Base Strength down to 18 from 21
Strength gain down to 1.5 from 1.8
Turn rate up to 0.6 from 0.5

Instant balance.

FACE

Banned
Brew isn't as hard to deal with after the anti-push patch.

Batrider has been nerfed in every patch. They can't do anything else to him outside of either changing his ult entirely or making it so that lasso won't drag the enemy with Force Staff. Either way, Bat isn't even pick/ban material except against a few team these days. He's fine, imo.

Slark on the other hand...

they broke him when they made him effectively invulnerable when ulted. It simply scales way too well late game, as Illidan reminds the world every time they let him have the hero. Either change the ult back to allowing true sight to penetrate the cloud or raise his cooldowns, IMO.

What I meant is that Icefrog usually doesn't nerf heroes "to the fucking ground".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom