• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOEBAG was right all along, and none of you chose to listen. Drow was coming. And if there's one thing that game demonstrates, it is that she does not give two fucks about the abject terror she inspires in the hearts of those who oppose her reign.

TOEBAG was right all along, and none of you chose to listen. Drow was coming. And if there's one thing that game demonstrates, it is that she does not give two fucks about the abject terror she inspires in the hearts of those who oppose her reign.

Hupsel

TOEBAG was right all along, and none of you chose to listen. Drow was coming. And if there's one thing that game demonstrates, it is that she does not give two fucks about the abject terror she inspires in the hearts of those who oppose her reign. And Mirana is a bitch.

shira

I've got some extra steam cash.

Format: Any hero, bo1, coinflip = server/side choice

Prize: 2 Huniepops - (1 winner, 1 random), non-bzz pugna sets

Date: 1/22-1/31(?)

I'm thinking something like I make the brackets and you exchange available times with your opponent and then play it out when it's best for both of you. 3 days max.

Report back the results.

It's too hard to make like 1 day with 10 matches and having like 20 people available who may or may not win.

Googledrive signup, prolly need like at least 8 people?

bump 1v1 GAF

Pratfall

you did fine

a little greedy with the midas and maelstrom but it worked out

you just hit the weakness you get six slotted at like 30 something and then its all downhill from there

i think inkls was right, i should have sold my heart for an abyssal, people kept running away from me in fights

Big Dog

It's incredibly satisfying when you can play a few consecutive games where you are totally in the zone and have communicating teammates. Nothing beats that feeling of winning and knowing you played better than the other team. Haven't felt that in a few weeks honestly.

Chris R

Of the 3 tournies I've done nobody gets straight up rekt. The biggest issue is ping and we have people playing on EUW and SEA so that always complicates things.

7 people so far!

Just remember, no 0:00 rune ;_;

I've forgotten twice now, so no blocking and that just gets me in a funk

shira

Just remember, no 0:00 rune ;_;

I've forgotten twice now, so no blocking and that just gets me in a funk

A redditor posted a really great tip if you are having trouble blocking.
http://redd.it/2sxjne said:
I have seen a lot of people block using the edge pan of the screen. That is just awful. You can double click your hero hotkey and hold it the second time. Then the camera follows your hero. Please use that. It's much better in terms of mechanics and what not.
Seems kind of basic, but really hard to figure out on your own

Chris R

A redditor posted a really great tip if you are having trouble blocking.

Seems kind of basic, but really hard to figure out on your own

I'm just saying both times I've been at the rune at 0:00 then they don't spawn and I say to myself "you fucking idiot" and since I'm at the rune at 0:00 I can't block :(

Mordeccai

I use mouse wheel 3 camera to pan, have never had any issues blocking controlling my camera that way. I really dislike not having my hero centered in the camera and am always adjusting my camera position with the scroll wheel.

If you guys have never tried that out, I'd recommend giving it a go. Edge panning fucks me up because I want my mouse to be hovering over heros and not flying off towards screen edges.

DrPizza

Banned
Now I remember why I quit playing ranked.

First game tonight, we agree that our fifth pick needs to be an right clicking agi carry.

So he picks Ogre Magi. Why? "Because he's tanky, and I don't know how to play Faceless Void."

What the fuck?

Second game, we're up a lane of rax when our Venomancer decides to AFK abandon in our secret shop. I wouldn't mind so much if he just outright quit the game; at least then we'd be able to control his hero (it's not hard to press R, after all). But no. He's AFK. So we can't control his hero and can't sell his items. They win a series of fights, eventually wiping us with buyback down, and we lose a long drawn out match. If we'd been 5v5 we'd have taken it easily.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ugh, such a horrible CM set, I feel I should share:
promo3.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377710875

pachuco

I use mouse wheel 3 camera to pan, have never had any issues blocking controlling my camera that way. I really dislike not having my hero centered in the camera and am always adjusting my camera position with the scroll wheel.

If you guys have never tried that out, I'd recommend giving it a go. Edge panning fucks me up because I want my mouse to be hovering over heros and not flying off towards screen edges.

nice tip. i'll try this when i get home.

Artanisix

I'm thinking something like I make the brackets and you exchange available times with your opponent and then play it out when it's best for both of you. 3 days max.

Report back the results.

It's too hard to make like 1 day with 10 matches and having like 20 people available who may or may not win.

I FUCKING NEED HUNIEPOP

Mordeccai

nice tip. i'll try this when i get home.

The trick to M3 scrolling while blocking is quick presses of the button and a quick drag of the mouse. You can't hold it down and issue move commands because it will drag your view everywhere. When I'm blocking down the lane I probably push middle mouse button anywhere from 30-50 times, no exagerration. Brief clicks and drags.

You can click and drag a bit smoother for everything other than blocking. Best perk of M3 panning though is you can move your camera from anywhere your cursor is on the screen.

I'll admit I was a WASD camera user for my first month and a half of dota before I discovered scroll wheel. I am bewildered when I see people with good camera control edge panning, just isnt intuitive for me where as "grabbing" the camera is.

Demoli

Report back the results.

I'm in

ViviOggi

The trick to M3 scrolling while blocking is quick presses of the button and a quick drag of the mouse. You can't hold it down and issue move commands because it will drag your view everywhere. When I'm blocking down the lane I probably push middle mouse button anywhere from 30-50 times, no exagerration. Brief clicks and drags.

You can click and drag a bit smoother for everything other than blocking. Best perk of M3 panning though is you can move your camera from anywhere your cursor is on the screen.

I'll admit I was a WASD camera user for my first month and a half of dota before I discovered scroll wheel. I am bewildered when I see people with good camera control edge panning, just isnt intuitive for me where as "grabbing" the camera is.
You can also bind it to any other key if you find constant use of M3 uncomfortable or your mouse just isn't great in that regard. After using M3 for ages I got a different mouse last year whose wheel click is a bit wonky, bound it to one of the side buttons and it's just as good.

It cannot be repeated enough, edge panning is fucking terrible

ksan

if edge panning is bad thats cause ure bad, thats how it is

however, if you prefer to do it other ways, good for you

Nymerio

s4 knows what's up. I just hold the focus hero key so the camera keeps the hero in the center. I think it also works if you double click the portrait but then you may lose focus if you happen to move the mouse to the edge of the screen.

Madouu

signed up too

Regarding creep blocking, I've switched to having the camera centered on the hero after seeing iceiceice do it a few times a while ago and it really makes things easy. I always suggest to people that they practice it 5 to 10 times in a lobby to get the hang of it, it makes mid much easier as most players blocks are lackluster until you get into higher brackets.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
since the pub metagame at the moment is 'pick jugg and get two free kills with every omnislash', what are good counters to jugg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Doom
Tusk snowball
Anybody with summons/illusions
PA/brew
Omni
Drow also has a 6% win rate adv on dotabuff

I was playing PA, I was a free kill whenever he had his ult up, and it was easy for him to kill me with spin in lane too. Was I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom