• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I've got some extra steam cash.

Format: Any hero, bo1, coinflip = server/side choice

Prize: 2 Huniepops - (1 winner, 1 random), non-bzz pugna sets

Date: 1/22-1/31(?)

I'm thinking something like I make the brackets and you exchange available times with your opponent and then play it out when it's best for both of you. 3 days max.

Report back the results.

It's too hard to make like 1 day with 10 matches and having like 20 people available who may or may not win.

Googledrive signup, prolly need like at least 8 people?

bump 1v1 GAF

PA itemization is actually something that always confuses me about playing her. I know she eventually needs damage items + lifesteal + bkb, but I'm never sure what order and what items to build for any given match.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PA itemization is actually something that always confuses me about playing her. I know she eventually needs damage items + lifesteal + bkb, but I'm never sure what order and what items to build for any given match.

Phase into Helm is normally the safe starting build, maybe also grabbing a RoA if you need to spam daggers in lane to farm, then you can start with your game specific items. Rush BKB if they are magic heavy and trying to murder you, get Basher if you are trying to murder them, MKB if they have dodge. If you feel your HP is too low in the mid game, you can pick up a Drum or a casual vitality booster.

DrPizza

Banned
i still don't see the point of getting helm on PA, it seems way, way worse than MoM
The Satanic upgrade is super useful later on. It gives you a second way of dealing with blade mail for when your BKB is down.

And alpha wolf aura is always nice.

Plus, you don't want the extra MoM squishiness before you've maxed blur. You do want the HoD damage and armor.

TUSR

Banned
Phase into Helm is normally the safe starting build, maybe also grabbing a RoA if you need to spam daggers in lane to farm, then you can start with your game specific items. Rush BKB if they are magic heavy and trying to murder you, get Basher if you are trying to murder them, MKB if they have dodge. If you feel your HP is too low in the mid game, you can pick up a Drum or a casual vitality booster.
What about battle fury!!!!!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What about battle fury!!!!!

Battle Fury is a lame item unless you need to murder illusions or summons. Normally you are trying to murder heroes, direct damage tends to work better. It doesn't really speed up farming that much, and PA IMO does not actually got that late, she is like a more farm heavy Drow who is strongest when they hit their level 16 before the entire enemy team has a chance to bulk up.

DrPizza

Banned
Question for resident Zeus lords, aghs or refresher first?
Refresher first is actually more damage (about 50% rather than 33%), and is nice for regen and auto attacks, but Aghs first feels better because it makes you far less squishy, and because double ult costs a ton of mana that you may not even have.

So, anybody got a beta key for HotS? I'm not shelling out $50 for one.

I have the game. I think i played like 3 games of it and got bored.

A2dSKgr.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not as good as DOTA2... yet.

But once Sylvanas and Maiev are out, I'm going to uninstall this shitty, toxic, insular game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

But once Sylvanas and Maiev are out, I'm going to uninstall this shitty, toxic, insular game.

Does Sylvanas have a passive that after she dies, you take control of a random enemy hero? Because if not I want a refund.

The community might be better (considering previous Blizzard games I don't see that lasting) but I don't think I'll like a game where everyone hits like wet tissue paper.

Haly

The community might be better (considering previous Blizzard games I don't see that lasting) but I don't think I'll like a game where everyone hits like wet tissue paper.
That's Leeg. I can actually roam and get level 1 kills in HOTS. It's pretty sweet.

It's doubly satisfying because you can feel, on a deep and personal level, how poorly these guys deal with roaming because they just collapse under the pressure.

And then you lose anyway because kills don't matter, hard carries don't exist, and your level is tied to your teams.

Literally 1 + 4 anchors.

Does Sylvanas have a passive that after she dies, you take control of a random enemy hero? Because if not I want a refund.
Skills not revealed yet.

Haly

I can BM better in Hearthstone than I can in HOTS.

It sucks.

manfestival

GG INKLS told me he wont buy me huniepop . EVEN further insult to injury, he showed me a clip of himself getting a triple kill as storm spirit. EUUUUGH

should you bother stacking ancients with helm since you are presumably not building BF, or should you just grab an alpha wolf and use it for its aura?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
should you bother stacking ancients with helm since you are presumably not building BF, or should you just grab an alpha wolf and use it for its aura?

Personally I just grab random creeps and use them to scout so I can be a jerk and farm the enemy jungle.

Mordeccai

Arcanes, blink, force staff, aghs, refresher

Note: I don't Zeus much

Pretty sure Aghs is better since you don't have the mana for Refresher > double ult but you need some sort of mobility item first.

Refresher first is actually more damage (about 50% rather than 33%), and is nice for regen and auto attacks, but Aghs first feels better because it makes you far less squishy, and because double ult costs a ton of mana that you may not even have.

Aghs is normally the safe route, it gives your more HP/Mana. Early Refresher eats up your whole mana pool.

Thanks for the input guys. I was leaning more towards aghs for the stats and buffed mana pool. Even when I had force, aghs and refresh that 2x ulti destroyed my pool so I had a feeling refresh first just wouldn't leave me with enough mana.

Low Tier
Battle Fury is a lame item unless you need to murder illusions or summons. Normally you are trying to murder heroes, direct damage tends to work better. It doesn't really speed up farming that much, and PA IMO does not actually got that late, she is like a more farm heavy Drow who is strongest when they hit their level 16 before the entire enemy team has a chance to bulk up.

this is so wrong bfury PA owns. its one of the cheapest +dmg to gold items, deals with ur mana problems, and accelerates farm

facepalm.gif

scarlett is playing doto now?

death of starcraft imminent

this is so wrong bfury PA owns. its one of the cheapest +dmg to gold items, deals with ur mana problems, and accelerates farm

facepalm.gif

bro farming is lame

do you want to have fun and kill people or you want to anti mage it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom