• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

I was playing PA, I was a free kill whenever he had his ult up, and it was easy for him to kill me with spin in lane too. Was I doing something wrong?
He shouldn't be able to kill you with spin at all.
You have a blink, just position yourself in a way where you can use it to escape.
You are also faster than him, just by 5 ms, but it means that he shouldn't be able to just run you down before you can back up.

Volodja

How do I do that? Creep waves were always too far away.
Position yourself so they aren't.
Like when you see him coming if you are close to the wave, start walking away from it and when you are far enough blink on the wave you just left.
You are close in speed so he shouldn't just be able to overrun you.

If you are caught in the middle of nowhere with the wave at like 10 seconds away, that's just you messing up, that shouldn't happen. Especially when he shouldn't be able to just run towards you because, again, he isn't faster than you unless he has boots advantage.
I mean you can blink to any unit in the game, there should be something in range for you to escape most of the times.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Position yourself so they aren't.
Like when you see him coming if you are close to the wave, start walking away from it and when you are far enough blink on the wave you just left.
You are close in speed so he shouldn't just be able to overrun you.

If you are caught in the middle of nowhere with the wave at like 10 seconds away, that's just you messing up, that shouldn't happen. especially when he shouldn't be able to just run towards you because, again, he isn't faster than you unless he has boots advantage.

So basically, just play super defensively?

I mean you can blink to any unit in the game, there should be something in range for you to escape most of the times.
I probably had bad positioning, but it's not an exaggeration to say that there is never something in range for me to blink to.

Volodja

So basically, just play super defensively?
I wouldn't call it being super defensive.
I'm not saying stay at tower, I'm saying stay in range of a creep to blink to and if he goes on you react accordingly.
It shouldn't require to be that defensive while in lane.
I mean if he just walks towards you, make a judgement call, if you don't have any creep to blink towards away from him, back up a bit, if you do, you can stand there because if he tries to spin, you blink out.
Also as a PA you can get some last hits with dagger without having to stay right up in the wave or you can just slow him when he approaches so he has to spin earlier to reach you.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I wouldn't call it being super defensive.
I'm not saying stay at tower, I'm saying stay in range of a creep to blink to and if he goes on you react accordingly.
It shouldn't require to be that defensive while in lane.
I mean if he just walks towards you, make a judgement call, if you don't have any creep to blink towards away from him, back up a bit, if you do, you can stand there because if he tries to spin, you blink out.
Also as a PA you can get some last hits with dagger without having to stay right up in the wave or you can just slow him when he approaches so he has to spin earlier to reach you.

Thanks for the advice.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Those are some value ults, I feel normally Jugg only gets 1 free kill per ult.

He just needs someone to get a couple of hits on another hero and he can take two down easily.

Consider that this is just what I would do, I don't know if it is the best way to play the lane overall.
It also depends on support for both players.

My support in this game was a totally worthless Warlock that never cast heal on me even once, so that probably didn't help.

Volodja

He just needs someone to get a couple of hits on another hero and he can take two down easily.

My support in this game was a totally worthless Warlock that never cast heal on me even once, so that probably didn't help.
You don't need him to do anything other than stand a bit far from you so you can blink on him.
If he didn't do that then that's also his fault at positioning, he should be in a position where Jugg can't run him down but give you an avenue of escape.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You don't need him to do anything other than stand a bit far from you so you can blink on him.
If he didn't do that then that's also his fault at positioning, he should be in a position where Jugg can't run him down but give you an avenue of escape.

He was generally right up with the creep wave, autoattacking like a pro.

Madouu

Thanks for the advice.

perma right click him to draw the creep towards you , easier last hits. If he want to play aggressive on you then, he will miss cs while you can dagger for yours, if he goes back to the wave to cs then you can get your cs easily. It's like a dance.

Volodja

perma right click him to draw the creep towards you , easier last hits.
Oh ya, for a general laning advice with any hero, especially melee, I forgot to mention this.
Right clicking the enemy while in aggro range of the creeps will make them come towards you for a second, they then will reaggro on your creep wave, but in the meantime their position will be shifted closer to you.

Secret is already on china with a grill.

Dreavus

Red doesn't seem like a great colour for CM; clashes a lot with the rest of her palette.

Not a fan of the shoehorned (ha) horns either. "It's the year of the goat? HORNS IT IS."

Acinixys

Red doesn't seem like a great colour for CM; clashes a lot with the rest of her palette.

Not a fan of the shoehorned (ha) horns either. "It's the year of the goat? HORNS IT IS."

Its not even clever. If they wanted to do horns why didnt they make it her hair, or some kind of chick accessory shit like an alice band with baby horns on it?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Unable to win a game with Juggernaut for the hero challenge after 4 attempts now. One of my best heroes. I do fine every game but team is consistently too heavy to carry.

This guy I was playing with contends that Batrider was a fine pick in this game...

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1175357999

Look at the enemy lineup... As I said from the start, Batrider does nothing in that game. He went offlane, got level 3 then fucked off into the woods and got like a 15+ minute blink dagger. AM had the easiest game of his life and single handedly carried his team of feeders.

fake edit: actually, I HAVE won with Jugg since I got him in the hero challenge, twice, but both games were eaten by the servers. I've had 5 games eaten by the servers in the last week, all 5 were wins. All my losses manage to count tho! Thanks Volvo!

Randdalf

Bulldong is standing in for TT it seems. I'm not sure if the official name system is working, because none of these players have the right name lol

arab

Secret is already on china with a grill.

Code:
HEY RTZ, I’M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY RIKI. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX BACKSTAB LIKE YOU BACKSTABBED EG, SMOKESCREEN SO THEY MISS ME LIKE EG MISS YOU 70% OF THE TIME, OR PERMANET INVISIBILITY SO I COULD DISAPPEAR LIKE YOU DISAPPEARED FROM EG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom