• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonitoni

I hear you can watch the Alienware matches in game for free if you can find them since there's no ticket, anyone know how?

I think the usual way to do it is to search for one of the playing teams in the Community > Pro Team List, then click on one of the players and choose watch game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Troll seems like a good hero guys

gGzQTzM.png

touzzEM.png

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
How much value is blink on Troll really? Sure blink is always nice but I don't really see the specific utility of it on that hero. Granted it's one of my least played.

xanavi

How much value is blink on Troll really? Sure blink is always nice but I don't really see the specific utility of it on that hero. Granted it's one of my least played.

I had about a 10k networth lead on a troll the other day as weaver and I got bashlocked from 100 - 0%.

If you believe in the heart of the cards and you can get in hugging distance of another hero you can kill them.

Sianos

Phantom Lancer against Juggernaut is hilarious: baiting out his ultimate only to dopplewalk and cancel it immediately is priceless.

Low Tier
scarlett is playing doto now?

death of starcraft imminent

bro farming is lame

do you want to have fun and kill people or you want to anti mage it up

scarlett used to play a ton of dota 1 before starcraft. Played a lot with Ryan raw and tswift before she went into starcraft.

Also you kill with the bfury u goomba, the additional farm is just a side perk

bounchfx

Troll seems like a good hero guys

holy shit

I wonder how good I would be if I ever just focused on one hero. I think the most ive ever played one hero in ~340 games is shadow shaman with like 19 matches total

then again I'm not sure I could just play one hero that much, it gets so old to me quick when there's such variety available. bah!

Chris R

holy shit

I wonder how good I would be if I ever just focused on one hero. I think the most ive ever played one hero in ~340 games is shadow shaman with like 19 matches total

then again I'm not sure I could just play one hero that much, it gets so old to me quick when there's such variety available. bah!

My most played in Faceless Void, but only because he was the hero I picked for the TI challenge. Still haven't hit 30 games on him though, and I don't want to be a FV picker any longer since people hate when you pick certain heroes.

inkls

holy shit

I like to spam a certain hero until i think i got the hang of him/her/it

Although some stick around more than others

Satch

Banned
honestly a pretty pathetic invoker horrible skill usage and hwat i mean is horrible choice of skills in that fight not how he landed it

manfestival

so frustrating when your team is gonna win and someone begins to throw and then the game gets prolonged another agonizing 30 minutes because you can still win but that one person just refuses to roll as 5

shira

I've got some extra steam cash.

Format: Any hero, bo1, coinflip = server/side choice

Prize: 2 Huniepops - (1 winner, 1 random), non-bzz pugna sets

Date: 1/22-1/31(?)

I'm thinking something like I make the brackets and you exchange available times with your opponent and then play it out when it's best for both of you. 3 days max.

Report back the results.

It's too hard to make like 1 day with 10 matches and having like 20 people available who may or may not win.

Googledrive signup, prolly need like at least 8 people?

Tentative 1v1 brackets
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148430600&postcount=41

If you still want to play hurry and sign the fuck up, otherwise we go with these matchups.

Hylian7

I am so tired of seeing Jugg every game. He's not even OP or anything, just super strong right now and picked every game and dealing with him is annoying as all hell every single time.

Do you unlock anything for doing all 10 of the Training matches with the Limited Pool?

Just noticed I've got 6 left :p

Is the latency too high to play Dota with Steam-streaming btw?

Hylian7

Do you unlock anything for doing all 10 of the Training matches with the Limited Pool?

Just noticed I've got 6 left :p

Is the latency too high to play Dota with Steam-streaming btw?

I don't remember if you unlock anything for that or not.

Playing it with Steam broadcast is fine, I've done it and others here have too.

Aselith

how do u beat games like this?this is what is flawed on mmr

869A7583B6DA9E8E154618AD3666CAC3BCD729D5

Look at the feeds... how...

Did you get basher first or HOTD? Not that it matters I guess. A basher, a hotd, a yasha and part of a bkb? Nah, man, PA could carry that you gotta do better tho

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1177961706

After a rough last couple of games before this one, this game was easily the best one of the night for a number of reasons.

About 10 minutes in, the Pudge who was roaming, and not doing much useful, said gg and abandoned.

I lost morale, the team did too. But then I was like "Alright team, we aren't that far behind, we can make this gap. I sold his stuff, we are getting his money. We have a chance. If we can't take their T2s by the time they are taking our rax, then we can call gg and all leave."

This game still counted for MMR, due to the abandon being so late, so it was certainly worth trying.

WE FUKKEN DID IT BOYS!

ovXl5rf.png

PA got her farm, so did I. We took good teamfights and pickoffs, making sure to focus down the SK and WD first, and it worked.

Everyone raised their eyebrows when PA built diffusal, including myself. Then I thought about it more and realized it: Dusa. It was for Dusa for a number of reasons, a Linkens popper, since heroes like me, Lion, and Axe relied on targeted cast abilities, and also, burning her mana for Mana Shield.

It was amazing, I commended all three remaining team members. Pudgey doesn't know what he missed. I should have screenshotted it, but the thing that shows everyone's MMR, Pudge actually LOST MMR for that game since he abandoned.

73V3N

Banned
just had some guy complaining the whole game, there was no second he wasnt complaining.

0:00 "gg please report legion and axe they are retards "(cause he picked a carry and wanted everyone to babysit him, we already had supports)

this kept going for 50 minutes

"OMG" "PLEASE REPORT" "GG"
"ARE U STUPID?"

even when someone took one of the creeps he would spam pings and asks everyone to report them.

*zeus ults to save him*
"FUCK U WHY TAKE MY KILLS?"
*all chat* "please report zeus"

*zeus doesn't ult to not take his kills*
*he dies*
"OMG are you stupid? why didnt you save me?"
"enjoy low priority noob"
*all chat* "please report zeus" x5

then some guy from the other team told him to shut up and he started arguing with him.

3.5k mmr is fun

Big Dog

I would agree that the site had some great work put into it, but I do not appreciate them trying to pass themselves off as a Valve blog post. It's pretty misleading to replicate the navigation bar at the top of Valve's site. The only way to recognize that it's not work done by Valve is to read the url or to scroll to the dead end of the page and read who created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom