• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree that the site had some great work put into it, but I do not appreciate them trying to pass themselves off as a Valve blog post. It's pretty misleading to replicate the navigation bar at the top of Valve's site. The only way to recognize that it's not work done by Valve is to read the url or to scroll to the dead end of the page and read who created it.

Agreed. The navigation should have been a header banner saying something like "Red Moon and Team Lotus Presents!"

bbd23

Xcaliburden
SLx19c3.gif

shira

Really nice

1000000000000x better than that piece of shit looking dog they had for #2

Sold that stupid mutt the second I got it

I would agree that the site had some great work put into it, but I do not appreciate them trying to pass themselves off as a Valve blog post. It's pretty misleading to replicate the navigation bar at the top of Valve's site. The only way to recognize that it's not work done by Valve is to read the url or to scroll to the dead end of the page and read who created it.

Hahhshaha bounch. I liked the valve style page.

KingKong

I just use the TI3 crab riding courier because it has ambient effects and all it cost me besides the compendium is a few hours of trading player cards

Chris R

I just use the TI3 crab riding courier because it has ambient effects and all it cost me besides the compendium is a few hours of trading player cards

I only have base Smeevil since I bought the compendium so close to TI3 (or after it started, I forget) since I hadn't played much/any doto before then

shira

One of the smallest and cheapest couriers is red paw or the chicken. Prolly the hardest to snipe

ViviOggi

Whenever I play with lower MMR mates a lanesitter babby support random told to make themselves useful and pull they'll go and pull the fucking unstacked camp once and ruin equilibrium for minutes

Every. Single. Time.

Boggles the mind that only at around 4.5k people start to understand how and why you pull, while in my solo games at ~4.8 pulls are almost always done properly

That's like what, only 5% of Dota players ever bothering to look up the single most important laning mechanic

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Whenever I play with lower MMR mates a lanesitter babby support random told to make themselves useful and pull they'll go and pull the fucking unstacked camp once and ruin equilibrium for minutes

Every. Single. Time.

Boggles the mind that only at around 4.5k people start to understand how and why you pull, while in my solo games at ~4.8 pulls are almost always done properly

That's like what, only 5% of Dota players ever bothering to look up the single most important laning mechanic

my favorite solutions to this problem are
1. Play support
2. Play solo mid
3. Play solo offlane
4. Play a hero that can roam at level 1
5. Or try your best to maintain the creep equilibrium close to your tower

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
But it won't look as classy! Community TF2 has done this as well in the past so probably going after same deal here

Every. Single. Time.

I'm low tier and play mostly support and I've never really found a good explanation on how/when to do the different types of pulls. I mean I do my best to pull but I don't really know when/why.

shira

Night_Hand

Neo Member
I'm low tier and play mostly support and I've never really found a good explanation on how/when to do the different types of pulls. I mean I do my best to pull but I don't really know when/why.

You usually want to pull when the lane equilibrium is close to the enemy tower, or if your lane is pushing pretty hard (like a wave didn't completely die and you now have 1 wave + a ranged creep and melee creep from the previous wave). By pulling, you are increasing the net xp of those in the lane (the carry and support), and the net gold. However, since the small camp and medium camp were swapped several patches ago, it is required that the small camp is stacked in order to completely kill the pulled wave (you can also pull the creep wave through the small camp on radiant by aggro-ing the medium camp nearby and pulling them down or on dire by pulling the large camp upwards), for if the creep wave is not completely killed, the wave will add to the next and disrupt equilibrium again.

Big Dog

nope the silencer has a nice promo image
637x358.resizedimage
Yeah the Silencer set looks incredible from the promo, but reminded me of a certain YuGiOh card from long ago. Gimme a minute or two to find it and I will shock you all with the absolute copy of a character that the promo image is.

Ok so I found the card that I was remembering from that promo and it's not as exact as I thought but it's fairly similar.
FdguO4L.jpg

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Yeah the Silencer set looks incredible from the promo, but reminded me of a certain YuGiOh card from long ago. Gimme a minute or two to find it and I will shock you all with the absolute copy of a character that the promo image is.

Its YuGi's card the Dark Magician

Pratfall

If the lane is going to push naturally (laning against an axe, necro with aura skilled or a spamming lina/cm), you should focus on harassing because pulling isn't necessary.

If the wave is pushing into their tower, its time to do a pull and get the equilibrium back in your favor. If you are there at :13 or :43 and you havent stacked, do the pull through and use the wave to kill the medium camp for extra xp. If you aren't confident in the pull through, do the stack and pull.

The only time you should do a single pull into the small camp is if you are about to push and want a double wave of creeps.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
All those Summit 3 sets look waaay overdesigned to me. I like the Lina one though, and the courier.

manfestival

I want the Merlini emoticon, everything else(aside from the games, obviously) is fluff.

well the merlini emoticon is straight ballin so I understand

http://www.thedarklotus.com/
In regards to this stuff...
warlock set is meh. not even a half chub. The golem is pretty neat though

Natures Prophet Set is pretty weak too but that may be because I dont like the overall look they are shooting for. I do like that staff. The treants are cool too but they deviate way too far from a treant idea honestly

enchantment boring

axe , I guess the look "works" for him but it is sosssss dynasty warriors which is sooooo 2001

courier ok I really like this design

ward I like it but it feels like there is a missed opportunity in animating but maybe thats due to time constraints

The silencer set didnt look that bad in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yOwo1llGM

this video is seriously lacking some blademail action and zoom ins during blademail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom